Nice Guy Conor praises Cowboy's grandma after emphatic UFC 246 victory.

Yoel Stoolmero

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
IMG_20200119_203641.jpg
IMG_20200119_203630.jpg

It took only 40 seconds for Conor McGregor to dispatch Donald Cowboy Cerrone on his octagon return.

But there was no bad blood between the two fighters after the UFC 246 main event and the post-match formalities were interrupted as Cowboy's grandmother Jerry, 82, stepped into the cage to embrace both fighters.

Jerry is a fan of MMA beyond her grandson's bouts and the embrace between her and Mcgregir was a touching moment in the T-Mobile Arena.

It was a fitting end to a fight week during which Nice Guy McGregor behaved respectfully towards his opponent, a veteran of mixed martial arts who has fought in over 50 professional bouts.

Speaking about the embrace with his foe's family member after the fight, a respectful McGregor said: "She's an amazing woman. She was here for the first fight of the night.

" What a woman, who has raised such a phenomenal fighter that's etched in the annals of this game.

" So much respect to the Cerrones and to their family."

IMG_20200119_204617.jpg

Respect and Cheers to Senor Mcgregor.

Inb4 jokes about Conor punching old people

The haters are squirming, their worst nightmare is becoming reality
Saint Conor will bless your bum souls

nice to see Conor showing respect to the elderly.

great performance by Conor and great show of respect by both fighters

Ok can't stand the guy, but even I found this pretty adorable. Bless 'im

I was a hater...but I also forgive and realize that people change. I could totally root for THIS Conor...but we'll see if he's here to stay or if he starts sliding back into his smacktalking, misbehaving ways. I really like what I see so far.

Conor was trying to back away of the bad breath. Even humbled Conor can't pretend some things. Totally fake.

yeah, well his brash "im here to take over" act doesnt fly so well after the Bib raped him

It was cringe and betrayalful.

But a shill is a shill.

He tried to back away, but grandma's clinch game is on another level!
vfFeb91.gif

Also there is a moment when he gets his left hook ready, but realizes this not a Dublin bar!

Conor getting collar tied and underhooked as usual, smh

Back