Nick Diaz (26-9) vs. Conor McGregor (21-3)

Nick Diaz vs. Conor

• Total voters
But Nick hasn't won a fight in 6 years and spent the vast majority of his career at 170, which is only one weight class above Conor's, and even fought at LW a few times (Conor's class). It's not exactly Stipe vs Conor.

Still kind of a desperate try-hard situation though. They don't belong in the same division

Haters shouldn't worry too much, they can still claim Khabib or Ferg to be able to beat Conor

Nick has fought at MW in his last fight and Conor started his UFC career at FW...

Lets not be pathetic shall we. Random matchmaking against a clearly bigger guy, just to make Conor look bad? Trying way too hard

Oh hey, so how would Mighty Mouse do against Holloway??? Bisping against Miocic??

You sound scared. Conor used to kill himself to make weight to fight guys much smaller than him. Two of Conor's last 3 fights have been at WW, where Nick has fought a lot of his career. I'm just saying.

There was an interview with Nate and he was asked if he was in to iron man training and Nate said something along the lines of " Naaah man, that's the shit Nicks in to all year long, I do it because it gets me in shape for fights"

Difference between Nick and Nate is, Nick is more religious with his raw food and endurance training. While Nate does it as a way to prep for fights.

Guys that live that way tend to have better stamina because their endurance level is not going to fluctuate and it increases slightly through out the years or if they stop, they can regain it quicker. I wager Nick is going to have a greater cardio advantage which means Conor is FOOKED!

Specially considering the fact that Nick has a way more active jab...
Makes you wonder why Nick doesn't take advantage of his cardio. He should be able to go all out for 5 rounds, but his style doesn't even use much energy.

But Nick hasn't won a fight in 6 years and spent the vast majority of his career at 170, which is only one weight class above Conor's, and even fought at LW a few times (Conor's class). It's not exactly Stipe vs Conor.

And, I'm not even sure if Nick can even win that fight to be honest. His last fight and the whole absence from MMA made me think he might not have that ruthless style anymore to overwhelm Conor is later rounds...

You sound scared. Conor used to kill himself to make weight to fight guys much smaller than him. Two of Conor's last 3 fights have been at WW, where Nick has fought a lot of his career. I'm just saying.

Yes, and Conor had signifcant size disadvantage in 2 of his last 3 fights.

About Conor fighting smaller guys. What really is your point here? He should keep fighting WW's to "make it fair"?

And, I'm not even sure if Nick can even win that fight to be honest. His last fight and the whole absence from MMA made me think he might not have that ruthless style anymore to overwhelm Conor is later rounds...

See, buddeh? No need to be defensive over Connie, it's a decent match-up.

<21>

See, buddeh? No need to be defensive over Connie, it's a decent match-up.

<21>

Its decent only if Nick is completely washed up. In a normal situation I don't think we should talk about Conor fighting WW's

And remember why Conor ever fought at WW to begin with? Its because the money fight UFC had to go with (Nate) would rather make 170 on short notice..

Yes, and Conor had signifcant size disadvantage in 2 of his last 3 fights.

About Conor fighting smaller guys. What really is your point here? He should keep fighting WW's to "make it fair"?

Never said anything about fair. You're the one that brought up a size difference being unfair, while claiming they shouldn't be in the same division. Just pointing out the inconsistencies in your statements.

How do you feel about Conor fighting Tyron? Is that unfair?

Nick would take McGregor's best shots and TKO him in the later rounds.

I don't give a fuck about the 10 loss Diaz brothers.

Match Conor up w/ Tony/Lee or Khabib.

Nick has fought at MW in his last fight and Conor started his UFC career at FW...

Lets not be pathetic shall we. Random matchmaking against a clearly bigger guy, just to make Conor look bad? Trying way too hard

Oh hey, so how would Mighty Mouse do against Holloway??? Bisping against Miocic??

Nick is a WW.
Conor fought at WW.

Stipe never fought at LHW.
Nor Max at BW.

NIck would stop him with shotgun blast body shots to the liver and sternum. Hell he coulda stopped GSP if he woulda kept going. Listen to them with the sound on. Ouch

MW vs LW?
I'm fine with big name money fights, but Nick needs to get a win before he holds up a belt.

Nick is a WW.
Conor fought at WW.

Stipe never fought at LHW.
Nor Max at BW.

By your exact logic you can also say "Conor is a LW. Nick fought at MW."

Stop reaching. They clearly don't belong in the same division.

But hey I'm sure there are LW's out there you can hope to beat Conor

Huge fan of both but that would be one of the worse matchups for Conor, he's crazy enough to take it but Nick would put a beat down on him, he's a bigger better nate and that's just terrible for him.

Conor stepping in there with Nick would essentially be suicide.

eiuw3l.jpg

Nick is just meaner and nastier than Nate, plus more experienced. I don't think Conor would last 4 rounds.

Back