Rumored Nick Diaz hints a comeback

Would a comeback be a smart decision?

• Total voters
Nick is the poster child for how all the 'weed is harmless' propaganda is nonsense. It ruined his life.

Very sad because he had all the potential in the world.

Used to be a big fan but nick is delusional and shouldn't ever fight in the ufc again.

He looks a lot better on the bag than he did leading up to the Robbie fight

Maybe he's finally stopped partying, smoking and drinking every day

I agree, but everybody looks better on the bag.

I'm the biggest Nick fan but they need to put him on an Island in Thailand not to prepare for a fight. But to isolate himself smoke some weed and get that consistency back.The man has mental problems, addictions. Of course he's aged right now too. It's fucked but his days are over. UFC should invest his contract money for him and send him off lol.

He gassed himself out early in the first round. Maybe he had a cardio issue or an adrenaline dump from being nervous, he even tried to walk in the cage before being patted down and the Vaseline.

Or maybe he’s spent the better part of the last 12 years drinking excessive not training and staying out all hours. With the natural decrease in testosterone as men age there is a reason fighting is a young man’s thing.

There was a time when I was a big believer in Nick and his potential before it was cool, before little brother Nate burst on the the scene. Sure, he's always had holes in his game, but on a good night, he had the potential to beat anyone. Those days are long gone it saddens me to say.

I'm still disappointed by the fact that a few months before the last Lawler fight he posted a pic where he had a six pack and everybody was thinking he was in the better shape of his life, but then on fight night he showed up with a beer belly.

To me the Diaz bros can do whatever they want in the Combat sport realm...they earned that...

Best of luck to Nick if he does comeback he's given some massive moments to the MMA world

Hard to say which Nick will show up should he return. The guy is a rollercoaster.

This could be great, but also terrible.

Tony would be a good winnable fight o_O
Ferguson is a LW (155) and Nick Diaz has been fighting at MW (185) since 2015 although that is a sample size of only two fights (Silva and Lawler). So giving Nick Diaz a two weight class advantage certainly makes it a more winnable fight for Diaz...but not very fair to Tony.

Nick is the poster child for how all the 'weed is harmless' propaganda is nonsense. It ruined his life.

Very sad because he had all the potential in the world.
What's this even mean?

He was Strikeforce champ and actually one of the best WW's during his era. Was he on track to beat GSP if he never smoked weed?

If he's having mental troubles after his fight career it's probably the CTE dude, not the weed. It's 2024, loads of people smoke weed.

He should have a special attraction 1 off fight against Mike Perry

Lewis vs Francis should have been a guaranteed KO. Frank was mind fucked after his Stipe fight and Lewis was dealing with a bad back. Should have been a 30-30 draw or a double DQ!!!

Sam Alvey is the Combat Karate HW champ so clearly he moved on to greener pastures.

Plenty of what's-the-point? fighters in the ufc. Those are our faves.

Feed him to Strickland.

They were designed to entertain us. No bullshit press conference. Stand & bang.
Nick & Fedor are the goats but they needed to sober up to retirement.

The only, hypothetical, Nick with a point, would be posting wrestling footage with GSP & Khabib.
Nick hitting a bag like Mike Tyson's current footage... not impressed. Happy his neck is healing.
Bag punching doesn't translate to fighting anymore. Nick needs a strong neck to wrestle.

There is Magny, Colby, Burns, Shavkat, Neil, Thompson, MVP, & so on
but the only one that excites a sudbury saturday night... is Strickland.
<CerseiPlotting>
The rest are far more boring decision losses for Nick.

Back