Nieky Holzken signs with ONE Championship

Well, having been there myself, i can assure you, that they are strict in the weigh-ins. But for their event you have 3 options to weigh.
let me share this with you:

And please trust me, they are really strict on this. Just like USADA, they need to SEE you take the piss for the hydration test.
There is just no ceremonial weigh-in. The UFC weigh in is also just ceremonial, we don't get to see the official weight neither.

Wow I had no idea about this. It seems extreme but is quite a good way to avoid heavy weight-cuts via dehydration. I wonder why the UFC and other big MMA organisations don't adopt this system.

Yodsanklais a big dude. Ain't no way he'll be hydrated when cutting down to 155 or even 160.

That was not for ONE, That was for an EM Legend event.
His fight in ONE was at 72,5 catchweight. and he is like Petrosyan, they barely cut weight for fights. 2018-10-12_171809.jpg

That was not for ONE, That was for an EM Legend event.
His fight in ONE was at 72,5 catchweight. and he is like Petrosyan, they barely cut weight for fights.
From what I've seen Yod does cut a lot of weight for fights. He kills himself to get to 155lbs but even at 72.5kg which is 159lbs he cuts quite a bit.

Wow I had no idea about this. It seems extreme but is quite a good way to avoid heavy weight-cuts via dehydration. I wonder why the UFC and other big MMA organisations don't adopt this system.
It's because like with all things ONE it's just PR in a lot of ways. They do catchweight fights and have had dudes fight for titles over 3 different weight classes so it's not like the way they do things now is some clearly better way. They just don't really talk about the weights and have Angela Lee etc. just fight fighters clearly 2 weight classes lighter than them.

ONE is doing some interesting things but just have to treat everything they say with some skepticism. I'll take Dana White's word over the ONE peeps.

Last edited:
ONE is doing some interesting things but just have to treat everything they say with some skepticism. I'll take Dana White's word over the ONE peeps.

Now I'm not sure if I can trust the rest of your post...

Now I'm not sure if I can trust the rest of your post...

Having been following ONE since the beginning, I will take Dana's words over ONE CEO's words any day of the week.

Having been following ONE since the beginning, I will take Dana's words over ONE CEO's words any day of the week.

Is it really that bad? What have they said as an example? (I only watched a couple of their cards and don't follow their social media)

Is it really that bad? What have they said as an example? (I only watched a couple of their cards and don't follow their social media)

Their ceo always pops up making crazy claims about their viewership. Their weight cut system and drug testing are very sketchy too.

Well, having been there myself, i can assure you, that they are strict in the weigh-ins. But for their event you have 3 options to weigh.

And please trust me, they are really strict on this. Just like USADA, they need to SEE you take the piss for the hydration test.
There is just no ceremonial weigh-in. The UFC weigh in is also just ceremonial, we don't get to see the official weight neither.

How did you get to be at the weigh-ins? Just interested by the way, you work with them?

And they actually watch you peeing with your peepee out and all in all it's glory?

Because i doubt Andy can make 70kg's without hydration. Even tough it might look like it, i doubt there was much weight difference between the 2 of them. It's just not possible with ONE's way of weighing.

Then we can easily say he is going to have a hard time at ONE at 77,1KG from what I have seen.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/boxing...s/news-story/7e36acc6371116cb80d91af9d4121fb5

ATTENTION UFC: You’ve got a fight on your hands. One Championship has declared it is coming for the No.1 mantle, believing it will soon overtake the UFC and NFL as the world’s biggest sports media property.
“We will surpass the NFL. The NFL is a single-country sport, played in America, a country with more than 325 million people.

“Asia, the home of martial arts, has 4.4 billion people. If 4.4 billion people download the app, I don’t think I’m going to have to worry.
“If you sell one $10 t-shirt once a year to two billion people, that’s two billion dollars in revenue.

“That’s why we’re confident. My team internally, that’s our goal, beating NFL.
They just say some nutty shit with no relation to reality. Comparing themselves to NBA, F1. The fake photographers at the events, routinely giving away stacks of free tickets etc.

Again, I like some of the things they do just fine. They just aren't what they so desperately try and make it seem like they are.

Last edited:
take for instance ONE championships claims of being worth a billion U.S. dollars all while having basically no paying broadcast deal.

ooooooooh, i remember when the ceo made a statement that was kinda like "1 billon of people watches ONE FC, so if every people that watches one fc paid one dollar for it we would be blah blah blah"

p4p most retarded statement, he makes Dana White "MMA will be bigger than soocer in 5 years" sounding good

How did you get to be at the weigh-ins? Just interested by the way, you work with them?

And they actually watch you peeing with your peepee out and all in all it's glory?
im managing (and coaching) a few fighters. one of them fights in ONE.

Actually the major MMA sites like MMA Junkie & MMA Fighting set up cameras and live stream the official early weigh-ins for most UFC cards nowadays so you can often even take your choice from streams depending on if you want to listen to Marc Raimondi & Shaun Al-Shatti or golf voice Ariel Helwani or journalist John Morgan loosely commentating as they stream live in the morning for the athletic commissions the morning of the day before the fights, and then also watch the ceremonial weigh-ins later that afternoon or evening online or on tv that the UFC production team orchestrates including the face-offs.

Last edited:
Back