Nike epic react vs nike pegasus turbo vs Adidas Ultra boost

MMA since 1993

Reaction score
Looking to get some new running shoes. I've tried new balance, brooks and asics. I do like them, but i'm looking at these 3 specific ones.

It seems that the ultra boosts are probably gonna be the most proven shoes of the three since they've been out the longest. But i'm hoping there's a few out there that have the other two and can give a quick review of them.

So, which ones do ya'll recommend

Nike epic react
nike-epic-react-flyknit-spring-2018-1.jpg

Nike pegasus turbo
Nike-Zoom-Pegasus-35-Turbo-Black-Vast-Grey.png

Adidas Ultra boost

i'll be doing some light jogging and long walking sessions with these shoes (on a track). I do have some adidas cloudfoams and nike flex contacts that i picked up dirt cheap at the shoe store. So i do like both brands.

not an expert, but I don't think ultra boosts are really a running shoe. More like a very comfortable runner style casual shoe that is very expensive.

I think the Pegasus is the only real running shoe on this list. Even the React, I feel like it was to showcase a "new" cushioning system.

How much do you weigh? Any idea if you under or over pronate? Not trying to make too many assumptions, but it seems that you're just wanting a cool looking shoe that's with the times. I love Nike, adidas is okay, but I run in Brooks.

not an expert, but I don't think ultra boosts are really a running shoe. More like a very comfortable runner style casual shoe that is very expensive.

I think the Pegasus is the only real running shoe on this list. Even the React, I feel like it was to showcase a "new" cushioning system.

How much do you weigh? Any idea if you under or over pronate? Not trying to make too many assumptions, but it seems that you're just wanting a cool looking shoe that's with the times. I love Nike, adidas is okay, but I run in Brooks.

I have a brooks pair, awesome shoe.

160lbs

I hope I didn't offend you. I love a good looking shoe, and the three you posted above are all beautiful shoes.

I have one issue with Adidas boost and it's that uncaged, it tends to be too unstable for me. I'm one of those that rolls his ankles stepping on things, and though I've never had the boosts, I've worn a few other models with the boost tech.

The most egregious offender of the unstable shoe from those I've tried in the past few years was the Adidas Alphabounce. Flet like suing the company for making such a dangerous and unstable shoe. They've update it to make it more stable, but this to me is their admission that they created an unstable shoe.

I ask about weight because I'm 220+ and I feel like there's always the compromise of good cushioning vs. stability. I've been trying to work on my running technique and have been aiming for more stable shoes.

I hope I didn't offend you. I love a good looking shoe, and the three you posted above are all beautiful shoes.

I have one issue with Adidas boost and it's that uncaged, it tends to be too unstable for me. I'm one of those that rolls his ankles stepping on things, and though I've never had the boosts, I've worn a few other models with the boost tech.

The most egregious offender of the unstable shoe from those I've tried in the past few years was the Adidas Alphabounce. Flet like suing the company for making such a dangerous and unstable shoe. They've update it to make it more stable, but this to me is their admission that they created an unstable shoe.

I ask about weight because I'm 220+ and I feel like there's always the compromise of good cushioning vs. stability. I've been trying to work on my running technique and have been aiming for more stable shoes.
No offense taken man.

I had shoulder surgery last year and was doing therapy up until a month ago. I have been walking for a few weeks and now i feel like stepping up my game a bit and start jogging again, maybe some stairs (the school track i go to has about 30+ steps on their stadium side).

I've watched a few vids on the boosts, and one of the guys at the therapy place has them and swears by them. He almost had me convinced, until i started reading about the reacts and of course the new pegasus turbos. So now i feel like im back at square one.

Before getting hurt, i had bought the brooks GTS-16 and I loved that shoe. I probably still have some miles left on those, but these 3 caught my eye with all the new tech that goes in them.

I was having a sharp foot pains playing basketball, and when I switched to some adidas boost shoes, solved the problem almost instantly. I have to admit that the boosts allowed me to play and recover. Actually even wore them to work since they looked pretty nice.

now since I'm well, I've transitioned back into a more stable, lighter shoe. If I'm going to be playing outdoors, I go for the boosts usually because the outdoor courts are very rough.

I do know tons of people that swear by the UBs. I tried them on (at Dick's). super comfortable.

Ultra Boost is an amazing shoe if you want to run on flat ground. It IS unstable if you plan on doing anything else, like basketball... You will roll an ankle. I'm 160lbs and they're like walking/running on clouds.
The nikes are supposed to be good too but can't speak for them.

@JmacS27

Sorry if my posts confused you, but what I meant is that I played basketball in the D Rose Boost 6 basketball shoe, which has caged boost. Still rolled my ankle, but I've done that in even more stable shoes. Would never dream of playing basketball in anything but a basketball shoe because of my ankles.

I have the D Rose 8's, nice shoes. But as far as ultraboost goes I wouldn't even suggest walking on uneven ground... that's how unstable they are.. lol.

@JmacS27
Got the 8s off eBay for cheap, wish I had tried on in store. They run 1, maybe 1.5 too big. Absolutely ridiculous, another reason why I don't really like Adidas. Sizing inconsistencies in the same product line, blows my mind.

They felt pretty nice, but the materials... for obvious reasons, they're taking a step down with Rose models. They sell well in China still.

Back