Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

It happened once to mine when I played until the battery was completely drained.

It fixed by itself when I left it charging for 24h.

I'll give this a go, didn't think to try to charge it when it was dead on the dock.

Wonder is fantastic. Disappointed it isn’t being talked about more.

Wonder is fantastic. Disappointed it isn’t being talked about more.
Yeah played several hours and it’s truly great. Maybe my favorite 2D game in the franchise. It doesn’t reach the heights of the best 3D Mario game though like Galaxy and Odyssey. I’d give this a 9 out of 10 but the other games I just mentioned are a 10 out of 10. I think it’s great how much new stuff they tried with this one but the only disappointment for me personally is they still lee sticking to the lame boss fights in these games. 3D games have so much more creativity when it comes to boss battles and that’s the only reason this game didn’t get a 10 from me.

Just hold off for the next console imo

It hasn’t even been officially announced though. Everyone’s fairly certain it will release in 2024 but that could mean as late as holiday season 2024 — in other words, up to a whole year from now. Then there’s always the issue of actually being able to get one upon release, as any time a new console comes out they can be a real bitch to find before they sell out.

No offence, but the advice that he should just wait for the next console could mean abstaining from gaming entirely for 12+ months. That’s pretty questionable advice.

Speaking of the next console, what are the odds that any of your digital purchases will carry over? I say 0%.
I just bought Pokemon Violet for $30, so I guess I'll see if it's as busted as everyone said. I'm hoping they've patched it up a bit.

Speaking of the next console, what are the odds that any of your digital purchases will carry over? I say 0%.
I just bought Pokemon Violet for $30, so I guess I'll see if it's as busted as everyone said. I'm hoping they've patched it up a bit.

Supposedly its backwards compatible so you should be good

I don't have high hopes considering the state of film today. Fantasy films were great in the 80's and early to mid 2000's but unless they get a great director that does things old school and a perfect cast (Zelda and Link would pretty much need to be unknowns, though about 10 years back Soirse Ronan would have been a good Zelda) I think we'll get something overly safe, which unlike the Mario movie you can't really do with Zelda since the tone needs to be different.

I'd prefer a Nintendo and Ghibli collaboration on an animated Zelda film.

Can't wait to see how Chris Pratt looks in green tights

It hasn’t even been officially announced though. Everyone’s fairly certain it will release in 2024 but that could mean as late as holiday season 2024 — in other words, up to a whole year from now. Then there’s always the issue of actually being able to get one upon release, as any time a new console comes out they can be a real bitch to find before they sell out.

No offence, but the advice that he should just wait for the next console could mean abstaining from gaming entirely for 12+ months. That’s pretty questionable advice.
300 dollars is quite a bit though to just play for a year before an upgrade but it’s his money. I just figured he had some other console or a PC

Kids got me Mario RPG for Christmas and finally able to play. Told the wife I'd hold off on buying since it launched so close to Christmas and it's been killing me. Only played for a few minutes so really excited to get playing tomorrow.

Kids got me Super Mario Wonder for Christmas. When we get home (we’re away visiting my family for the holidays) on Thursday I’ll have to give it a whirl.

I've been bored so I went back to finish Tears of the Kingdom and I'm just reminded of what I didn't like about the game. The hook just isn't there for me. Nothing feels like it's worth doing and today was the best example. I go through a series of quests which are completely ambiguous and confusing as to what the fuck I'm even supposed to be doing. So I use a guide and do all this shit and my reward is a big mech suit. And in true Tears of the Kingdom fashion, the mech suit is slower and weaker than if I were to just play as Link. Great.

Last edited:
I sold TOTK a few weeks ago

They force you to use the crafting almost everywhere you go and i just didnt like it.

Finished up Mario RPG this morning. Forgot how short this game was. Did just about everything (not a ton of side content) and logged in a bit over 15 hours.

They added some bosses after you complete the game which were a really nice touch. The great is pretty easy with almost no need for strategy where you can just use basic attack for 99% of your actions. I didn't do any grinding but was could easily overpower just about every enemy. The added bosses had some interesting mechanics and all had to use different strategies and wiped a few times through the bunch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back