Nintendo NINTENDO SWITCH Official Discussion v5: Breath of the Pokemon

so i finally pulled the trigger on my first Nintendo console the oled, what games are ok for the kids, have a 9 and 5 yr old both girls, backstory i bought it because aside from me wanting to play zelda, my kids take up my ps5 play time becuase they always want to play pvz garden warfare

The switch summer deals are decent, Metroid Dread for 40. I pulled the trigger on that. To anyone who hasn't played Metroid Prime remastered, i highly suggest it! I don't know how the game looks so pretty on the switch, but it does. It took me right back to the gamecube days, the controls are also updated so it plays like a normal FPS. This was probably the most fun I've had with my switch, people do say Dread is better so i can't wait to dive into it. I know Metroid isn't for everyone, though.

so i finally pulled the trigger on my first Nintendo console the oled, what games are ok for the kids, have a 9 and 5 yr old both girls, backstory i bought it because aside from me wanting to play zelda, my kids take up my ps5 play time becuase they always want to play pvz garden warfare

Super Mario Odysessy is near perfection and totally okay for kids. The mario 3d collection would be good too, Mario 64, Sunshine and Galaxy.

Super Smash and Mario Kart are both great fun too.

I havent played the newest pokemon games but Lets go evee and Pikachu should be fine, especially for your nine year old that knows how to read.

If they like Garden Warfare they might like Splatoon, but i havent ever played so I cant vouch.

Yoshi’s crafted world is suitable for very young children and Kirby and the Forgotten Land is great too.

To follow up, some highlights going around:

• Development kits are now with key partners
• Targeting a second half of 2024 launch
• Can be used in portable mode like current Switch
• Whether there is Backwards compatibility support or not is unclear

To follow up, some highlights going around:

• Development kits are now with key partners
• Targeting a second half of 2024 launch
• Can be used in portable mode like current Switch
• Whether there is Backwards compatibility support or not is unclear

Backwards compatibility is key to me. Without it I cannot see myself getting the successor to Switcch for like… four years maybe? They’d need to build up a good library of games. Right now I’ve got plenty of games to play on my Switch with my kids, predominantly Pikmin, Mario and Kirby games as those are my three favourite Nintendo IPs.

I know it's very un-Nintendo like but I expect a Switch 2.0 which I am totally fine with as long as the enhancements are worthwhile. I will gladly buy this and say I got it for my kids.

I really hope the new Swtich has an OLED screen

According to the article @Valhoven linked to, which of course is just a lot of "could be", it is pointing to another LCD screen on launch to keep costs low.

AccurateMediocreGordonsetter-size_restricted.gif

Looking forward to the Mario RPG remaster. What a fun game.

Wouldn't complain if they were to get Luigi in there though.

Charles Martinet will no longer be the voice of Mario moving fowards but will now be the "Mario Ambassador"

Do you guys think they’ll move away from cartridges since games are getting bigger? And if so does that mean no backwards compatibility? I imagine so. If there is no backwards compatibility I’m most likely done with Nintendo. So many titles this gen ran like shit and I’d be willing to play them again with better performance

I literally just purchased the switch! It be so annoying if they released a new console just now. Everyone said it was probably at the midway point of its life cycle.

Either way, the switch has been a fantastic purchase. I couldn't be happier. I've purchased Donkey Kong Tropical freeze and Mario Odyssey. DKTF is a fun game but it's way too fucking hard. I honestly think it's one of the hardest games I've ever played. Mario Odyssey is a joy to play. I love that they included retro super Mario side quests and they've done it very well.

I literally just purchased the switch! It be so annoying if they released a new console just now. Everyone said it was probably at the midway point of its life cycle.

Either way, the switch has been a fantastic purchase. I couldn't be happier. I've purchased Donkey Kong Tropical freeze and Mario Odyssey. DKTF is a fun game but it's way too fucking hard. I honestly think it's one of the hardest games I've ever played. Mario Odyssey is a joy to play. I love that they included retro super Mario side quests and they've done it very well.

I wouldn’t fret too much about the prospect of another Switch coming out in the next year, the Switch itself has a plenty decent library that it ought to keep you busy for a few years.

Back