No 1 152 lbs wrestler of USA wrestles and talks about Khabib

Here's an adult wrestler talking about what it's like to wrestle Khabib.....

Aye, I haven't seen this, thanks for that. What he says is much in line with what I've seen and think. Islam hasn't really dominated any wrestlers or strong athletes with good offensive and defensive grappling, Khabib really hasn't either and when he faced Shalorus he decided to strike and vs Tibau who couldn't get takedowns. Vs guys like Bagov and Trujillo, those guys are physical and can wrestler SOMEWHAT but as overall fighters were not great...Khabib took them down but also got taken down by them as well. Islam went against Tsarukyan who was making his UFC debut at 22 and was able to reverse, defend and completely hold his own grappling. Arman is super talented and has a wrestling background but isn't some amazing Olympian by any means.

Islam is good, what he did vs Tsarukyan was impressive, I don't rate the Ramos one too highly as he waited until Ramos started to wilt to control him and Ramos's BJJ game is takedown and top control focused, also his MMA career just hasn't panned out. Khabib was impressive vs Gaethje, no one in the UFC was able to take Gaethje down like that and make quick work of him, although Gaethje was taken down several times in WSOF and responds poorly to pressure which Khabib honed in on. Khabib vs Dos Anjos was impressive too, Dos Anjos can wrestle and grapple but plays second fiddle to every wrestler he faces still.

Everyone takes this discussion as a hyperbolic attack on their heros. Khabib and Islam are well rounded, uper strong, super well conditioned, huge for 155 and very dominant grapplers. These ideas that they would just crush any NCAA division 1 guy is laughable or that they'd win an ADCC. I think Khabib or Islam would struggle to find takedowns and control guys like Arman and Gamrot. They'd get annihilated on the wrestling mats vs so many too, they were wrestlers in their youth and if they stood out they'd have competed nationally.

(Sorry turned into a rant)

Aye, I haven't seen this, thanks for that. What he says is much in line with what I've seen and think. Islam hasn't really dominated any wrestlers or strong athletes with good offensive and defensive grappling, Khabib really hasn't either and when he faced Shalorus he decided to strike and vs Tibau who couldn't get takedowns. Vs guys like Bagov and Trujillo, those guys are physical and can wrestler SOMEWHAT but as overall fighters were not great...Khabib took them down but also got taken down by them as well. Islam went against Tsarukyan who was making his UFC debut at 22 and was able to reverse, defend and completely hold his own grappling. Arman is super talented and has a wrestling background but isn't some amazing Olympian by any means.

Islam is good, what he did vs Tsarukyan was impressive, I don't rate the Ramos one too highly as he waited until Ramos started to wilt to control him and Ramos's BJJ game is takedown and top control focused, also his MMA career just hasn't panned out. Khabib was impressive vs Gaethje, no one in the UFC was able to take Gaethje down like that and make quick work of him, although Gaethje was taken down several times in WSOF and responds poorly to pressure which Khabib honed in on. Khabib vs Dos Anjos was impressive too, Dos Anjos can wrestle and grapple but plays second fiddle to every wrestler he faces still.

Everyone takes this discussion as a hyperbolic attack on their heros. Khabib and Islam are well rounded, uper strong, super well conditioned, huge for 155 and very dominant grapplers. These ideas that they would just crush any NCAA division 1 guy is laughable or that they'd win an ADCC. I think Khabib or Islam would struggle to find takedowns and control guys like Arman and Gamrot. They'd get annihilated on the wrestling mats vs so many too, they were wrestlers in their youth and if they stood out they'd have competed nationally.

Which one of your favorite fighters did khabib or islam beat?

Which one of your favorite fighters did khabib or islam beat?

I haven't any favorite fighters, I am a fan of fighting, athletics and martial arts not of biasedly supporting people, I always want the best man to win. But if I did, they would probably beat them, sure. I think the Kavkaz takeover is upon us and I embrace it, Usman Nurmagomedov, Umar, Islam, Ankalaev, Arman, Guram and Chimaev are all guys that could hold belts one day. Even going further east the Kazakhs starting to come into MMA has been awesome like Shavkat and Damir, I surely hope Uzbekistan can get a foothold in pro boxing (they wreck house in amateur) and MMA as they have a great fighting culture as well. The UFC passing on signing Bekzod Abdurakhmonov to TUF still pisses me off.

I just want to let you know, you and everyone on here like you that responds with straw man arguments and assumptions rather than addressing what's actually said look like idiots. Im not saying you are one, but you made a compelling argument for the case.

Nobody is clicking on links. It's 2022.

Embed, or cliffs, or GTFO.
@yekmurat

its a bit of work to embed a "YouTube Short"

1. it doesn't allow you to embed YT shorts on Sherdog

2. you have to download the short

3. you have to upload it to a hosting site

4. embed the new link from hosting site

But I would agree cliffs and at least a screenshot would draw more attention to the thread since thats kinda the point. People would likely just click the link then

even though Sherdog could step their game up as well

<JackieThumbsUp>

to embed YT Shorts

1. Copy link to YT Short
2. Google site for YT Short Download

3. upload your video to free video hosting site

4. Copy link to video you uploaded

5. Embed video link like normal on Sherdog

if you need suggestions on sites hit me in a PM ill give you links to those with screenshots if needed.

Reactions: Yep

I can never seem to find it again but I also came across Khabib himself saying something like "I'm not best striker, I'm not best wrestler, but when you put them all together....".

Which is a very fair take, because he's a way more complete grappler than any straight wrestler. As an overall MMA grappler he's probably the best of all time.

But yes we unfortunately never got to see him against an opponent his size that would be similar to say a Henry Cejudo or a Daniel Cormier, which would've been fascinating matchups.

Who is paying you to say that?????

Not today, Obama!!!
You should change your password now that you answered his post. Better safe than sorry. I call the cops each time I'm gonna post on sherdog, just to warn them. I'm talking to them right now.

I can never seem to find it again but I also came across Khabib himself saying something like "I'm not best striker, I'm not best wrestler, but when you put them all together....".

Which is a very fair take, because he's a way more complete grappler than any straight wrestler. As an overall MMA grappler he's probably the best of all time.

But yes we unfortunately never got to see him against an opponent his size that would be similar to say a Henry Cejudo or a Daniel Cormier, which would've been fascinating matchups.

Doesn't even have to be some Olympic stand out to be honest. He really faced very few decent grapplers and defensive wrestlers in his career. He is an amazing grappler though, guys like Yoel and Cejudo don't have Khabib's level of control, passing, ground and pound, submissions or guard. Islam is fantastic too.

@yekmurat

its a bit of work to embed a "YouTube Short"

1. it doesn't allow you to embed YT shorts on Sherdog

2. you have to download the short

3. you have to upload it to a hosting site

4. embed the new link from hosting site

But I would agree cliffs and at least a screenshot would draw more attention to the thread since thats kinda the point. People would likely just click the link then

even though Sherdog could step their game up as well

<JackieThumbsUp>

to embed YT Shorts

1. Copy link to YT Short
2. Google site for YT Short Download

3. upload your video to free video hosting site

4. Copy link to video you uploaded

5. Embed video link like normal on Sherdog

if you need suggestions on sites hit me in a PM ill give you links to those with screenshots if needed.

It's actually much easier than that to embed a youtube short. Just take the youtube short identifier and use it as if in a standard youtube video.

For instance, in this case, the identifier is: 6oW2RJP41Xw

which gives:

I haven't any favorite fighters, I am a fan of fighting, athletics and martial arts not of biasedly supporting people, I always want the best man to win. But if I did, they would probably beat them, sure. I think the Kavkaz takeover is upon us and I embrace it, Usman Nurmagomedov, Umar, Islam, Ankalaev, Arman, Guram and Chimaev are all guys that could hold belts one day. Even going further east the Kazakhs starting to come into MMA has been awesome like Shavkat and Damir, I surely hope Uzbekistan can get a foothold in pro boxing (they wreck house in amateur) and MMA as they have a great fighting culture as well. The UFC passing on signing Bekzod Abdurakhmonov to TUF still pisses me off.

I just want to let you know, you and everyone on here like you that responds with straw man arguments and assumptions rather than addressing what's actually said look like idiots. Im not saying you are one, but you made a compelling argument for the case.
Get a sense of humor u fucking cry baby.

Cliffs: A teenager thought he could get to the legs of Khabib and was outclassed by someone with way more experience and size on him.

SHOCKER

Isn’t this old as hell?

Khabib and Islam are well rounded, uper strong, super well conditioned, huge for 155 and very dominant grapplers.
You just had to get that in there, didn't you
<{cruzshake}>

Back