Media No love lost between Dan Henderson and Michael Bisping

Nothing compared to Bisping's hatred of Vitor Belfort. Wouldn't be surprised if they get into a scuffle at 50 years of age in some random fighter meeting event.

Bisping likes to take the odd pot shot at Hendo but ultimately I think he respects the guy. He fought old man Hendo with no TRT and still had the fight of his life.
Fuck Vitor. He got juiced as fuck to beat 60 years old Holyfield and celebrated like he won some world championship

Hendo should have at least been suspended for that follow up. Dirtbag move (or just roid rage)
It's not like he's the only guy to ever do it. Ngannou followed up on a very stiff Overeem, and I don't see anyone crying about it years later.

It's not like he's the only guy to ever do it. Ngannou followed up on a very stiff Overeem, and I don't see anyone crying about it years later.
Doesnt change my opinion. Wasnt the first time for Dan either.
Rampage on wanderlei was worse though

Doesnt change my opinion. Wasnt the first time for Dan either.
Rampage on wanderlei was worse though
Yeah, Rampage actually kept going when the ref was trying to pull him off. That's a bit different. I think most follow up shots are just natural. They're all taught to fight until the ref stops it. Walkaways don't always work out in the nice guy's favor.

Bisping should stop being salty... he got gifted the decision in the second fight.

haha but, just like, in what sense does Hendo look better if there are more fighters who look up to Bisping and most fans in general?

hardcore fans congregate on sherdog and have these discussions, but in real life, Bisping is more triumphant.

his career and life have a storybook type of flow whereas Hendo has a Urijah Faber kind of thing where he's like "well, you see, there's this org that existed one time, and at a certain point, it had the best fighters in the world, and I did a lot of big things over there, you see., and when you look at my legacy through that type of historical context and understanding, my career is pretty epic and legendary, you see?"... ain't nobody got that time for that!
Were you a fan of the sport back then? I can’t see how you could completely discredit Dan Henderson and Uriah Faber otherwise

Bisping went life and death for 5 rounds with a 46-year old non-TRT Hendo who had no business in a title fight. Hendo was simply the better fighter, with a better/longer career and more good wins over top competition. Deal with it.

Hendo said on the Jackson (spelling) pod cast a few months ago that he still can't stand bisping... Doesn't hate the guy just wants nothing to do with him.

Were you a fan of the sport back then? I can’t see how you could completely discredit Dan Henderson and Uriah Faber otherwise

Read what I'm saying carefully.

I'm not saying what I think = I'm expressing a perspective that's had by many people.

Hendo said on the Jackson (spelling) pod cast a few months ago that he still can't stand bisping... Doesn't hate the guy just wants nothing to do with him.

he had to deal with him for an entire season of TUF, it's understandable.

Bisping's edgy and prideful but some people don't fault those traits too harshly.

Reactions: mkt
haha but, just like, in what sense does Hendo look better if there are more fighters who look up to Bisping and most fans in general?

hardcore fans congregate on sherdog and have these discussions, but in real life, Bisping is more triumphant.

his career and life have a storybook type of flow whereas Hendo has a Urijah Faber kind of thing where he's like "well, you see, there's this org that existed one time, and at a certain point, it had the best fighters in the world, and I did a lot of big things over there, you see., and when you look at my legacy through that type of historical context and understanding, my career is pretty epic and legendary, you see?"... ain't nobody got that time for that!

The difference is there were no FW's, etc in the UFC, so Faber isn't seen that way, even by casuals at the time. He was just the dude and if you followed MMA even as a casual you knew who Faber was.

PRIDE was in another universe, WEC wasn't lol

imo anyway, I'm also like an hour from Faber's gym in NorCal.

When two guys who don't get along fight and one tries to decapitate the other under those circumstances, I can understand how that bad blood is something you take with you for life. Like to see them both leave it alone at this point, but then again we're not the ones who lived it.

Dan Henderson is awesome. Love every minute of his career, including the decision Dan days. There is a bunch of dudes in this thread acting like MMA is akin to their local book club. Do I want to hang out with Hendo or Bisping? Nope, but I like them both for their ability bring excitement, toughness, and never say die attitude to this sport. This ain't knitting, some guys are "seemingly" pricks. I say seemingly because last I checked none of us are hanging out with them on a day to day basis.

Again, Dan and Bisping are fucking awesome.

Back