No matter the outcome that Point was BS

Usman lost. And i'm not the only one who knows that.

scoring.jpg

I watched it with 2 people and we all disagreed on fiziev gaethje and everyone thought edwards won clearly.

Strange to come on here and see alot of people saying it was close/usman won.

How in the hell is it 48-46 leon ahhaha

British home cooking again...

I had it 48-46 usman

Leon cheated alot as well...

2,3,5 Usman...

I disagree on that.

The 5th was possibly the most decisive round.

No way Usman won that Rd.

Funny how no one here is talking about how Leon was blatantly cheating. Wonder where he got the idea he could get away with that….

Watching some of Usmans fights maybe? Stop crying.

they let so many fighters slide with obvious fouls, frankly it feels a little unfair to take a point for that.

Leon grabbing the fence wasn't worthy of a POINT deduction. Usman hasn't done a thing with any of his TDs landed but he gets a point for that. So if he wins a close round it gives him a 10-8. What happened to Herb "don't do that or I will warn you not to do that again" Dean?
It was multiple fence grabs, glove grabs, nut shots, and eye pokes. Leon should have lost more points and they should have been put back in the same position.

Leon grabbing the fence wasn't worthy of a POINT deduction. Usman hasn't done a thing with any of his TDs landed but he gets a point for that. So if he wins a close round it gives him a 10-8. What happened to Herb "don't do that or I will warn you not to do that again" Dean?
I think it was a carry on from the last fight, where both guys constantly grabbed the fence and Herb was stamping it out before it became a problem.

I reckon that point deduction made Leon a bit more resilient and focused. Did him a favor.

The point was fair. The fight was getting a little too dirty. It’s too many nut shots, glove and fence grabs.

Usman is a dirty fighter too. He cheated a few times against Colby but nobody cared because Colby is not likeable.

Herb Dean is wrong for NOT taking points more often. This was right. Position was lost, and that's Edwards fault. It's not Herb's job to guess how effective it would have been.
"Herb Dean is wrong for NOT taking points more often."
Absolutely, and so are the other refs. If they did the cage grabs, nut shots and eye pokes wouldn't be seen nearly as much. Not one fence grab after Leon got deducted the point. The problem is when you usually get 3 free fence grabs, eye pokes and nut shots free per fight and then Herb suddenly decides to deduct a point on the first one it's a little strange. I will admit that was a clear fence grab (it changed the position, no doubt about it). Based on passed history of how the refs are policing this stuff I thought Usman should've been given position. Based on the foul itself, I'm ok with the point deduction.

I’m not sure, Goddard did it in Jimmy Crute’s last fight (which saved him getting the draw) and there was another recent one too I believe? Either way I think it’s a good thing
If they become strict about it in all fights then I am good. Also they need to enforce all the rules not just fence grabs. Usman has done stuff as well in the past. Regardless of this fight fence grabs should be enforced, groin shots (with some amount of common sense as to intentional or not), eye pokes as well.

If they are revising rule enforcement why does a groin shot get 5 min but eye pokes do not get a recovery period? Sure they take time but they don't get a 5:00 set period. Also they should allow limited treatment: Ice & Saline rinse makes a lot of sense without taking up extra time.

It was multiple fence grabs, glove grabs, nut shots, and eye pokes. Leon should have lost more points and they should have been put back in the same position.
1. Nut shots weren't Leon's fault. He throws and Usman moves causing the hit to end up in the groin.\
2. One of them was Usman faking to get an extra little rest
3. Usman advanced across the cage before the round was started which either gives him territory he didn't earn or another extra little rest.
4. What eye poke? I don't recall one in this fight.
5. You can't have a point deduction AND get the position back

So long as they enforce the rules consistently I am good with it. Herb however didn't even seem to make his own decision. He said he was giving him a hard warning (meaning no more warnings) and then takes a point like he got told to from outside the cage. He got info on the grab from outside the cage, instant replay official.

I think it was a carry on from the last fight, where both guys constantly grabbed the fence and Herb was stamping it out before it became a problem.
So long as it is consistently applied going forward. I had issue with him getting info from the replay official and then saying this is a hard warning and then taking a point. Felt like it wasn't Herb making the call.

Back