No one has fought in more UFC HW title fights than Tim Sylvia

This can’t be right

maybe you mean HW title fights?

Nine title fights, amazing. You are right.

I believe that Stipe (currently 8) will tie Sylvia for 9, if he gets a rematch... so I am not sure Tim is going to hold that distinction much longer.

Before Tim started to pile on the weight, he was a very good fighter. As with many HW fighters of the era, Tim wasn't a very well rounded fighter. But the guy was big, strong, and tough... his fight with Couture was telling, you can see that Tim was game but lacked training. I have to agree with many on her, Tim does not get the respect he deserves, not suggesting he is anywhere near GOAT discussion, but I also think the way many have mocked him (ahem Dana..) is totally BS...

Last edited:
I need Stipe to retire or something.i don’t wanna see him fight anymore

Yeah but two of them were versus
Gan McGee
Jeff Monson

Glad to see Tim get some recognition. I wish he hadn't panicked and tapped so fast against Nog because he was doing incredibly well in that fight. Good fighter, never understood the hate at all

His size was a huge advantage in the early days of the sport in America. I think prime sylvia fighting today’s more evolved and well rounded athletes would struggle more than he did then... which I know is not exactly a groundbreaking revelation.

Tim was dangerous af, those straight punches at range were no joke.

He was never #1 in the world, but he was a legit top 4-8 fighter for many years

yup, even the big nog fight, he was handling Big Nog up until the submission
Yeah I was kind of pissed about that at the time, Tim was boxing Nog up pretty good

Always wanted to see Sylvia fight Rizzo back when it mattered

Yeah but two of them were versus
Gan McGee
Jeff Monson

Monson is underrated as well. Over 60 MMA wins

Monson was on a 16 fight win streak when Tim fought him. Monson beat Roy Nelson, Fugita, Mark Kerr, Ricco Rodriquez, Sergi Kharitonov, Oleynik, Alexander Emelienko

Not a bad Heavyweight at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back