No recolation of till fighting Whittaker

Eiffel-sixtyFight

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How was it? I see according to sherdoggers Whittaker won by UD apparently, Just I literally do not remember this fight at all.

I recall Till vs Gastelum but that's it.

Close and very competitive fight, could arguably be scored for Till but I scored it for Whittaker. Both guys hurt each other, but I wouldn't call it a war or a FOTN contender. Whittaker didn't look terrible, but he didn't look great either.

Hopefully Jared wins this fight purely because I'd rather see a new and interesting match-up for Izzy.

I enjoyed it and thought Till probably edged it. No qualms though.

Surprised he's an underdog in his fight coming up.

Whit won clearly ...I had it 4-1....3-2 worst case ...till did nothing

Till did his usual YMCA hand flailing dance routine while throwing absolute fuck all and Whittaker just kept peppering from the distance. Another "chess match", as they call it.

Didn't miss much.

Really enjoyed watching it live. But the fight was not memorably or the type you can rewatch unless you're seriously trying to analyze technique.

Here's my scoring breakdown of it the fight, I don't know if it helps: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-till-by-rounds.4123670/page-3#post-161167206

And a video that supposedly has the highlights:

There's a few narratives surrounding the fight, depending on how one saw it, their perspective, preconceived notions, etc.:
  • Whittaker looked terrible compared to his usual self -- he got knocked down yet again, took unnecessary damage, had less output, was more "planted", his footwork was off, etc. In other words he's already past his prime and will get knocked out again if he faces Izzy. He should have been able to go out there and take out a can like Darren Till in no time, but instead he barely scraped by on the scorecards.
  • Whittaker proved he's still got it and why he's an ex-champion and Darren Till is just another contender. He used his Octagon experience and finally mixed in his offensive wrestling to get ahead on the scorecards, fighting the kind of fight he needed to in order to secure a comfortable win. He's coming back for that belt, Izzy. WAR REAPER.
  • Darren did his usual, boring low-output counter-striker/point-fighter thing (people can never decide which one he is or if he's both) and proved that he's never going to last at the top of the division. Someone like Adesanya will murder him on the feet, while the Joker would sub him on the ground with ease.
  • Darren looks great at 185 lbs. and did well to move up a weight class. He showed he's able to hang with the best of the division and should have won the fight. He is a serious problem for any contender with his style.
  • The fight was boring as hell and neither guy wanted to engage the other, occasionally hitting air or just feinting while looking for the counter-strike.
  • The fight was a highly-technical chess match between two high-level strikers at the top of the division, you filthy casuals.
I think you get my point.

Here's my scoring breakdown of it the fight, I don't know if it helps: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...-till-by-rounds.4123670/page-3#post-161167206

And a video that supposedly has the highlights:

There's a few narratives surrounding the fight, depending on how one saw it, their perspective, preconceived notions, etc.:
  • Whittaker looked terrible compared to his usual self -- he got knocked down yet again, took unnecessary damage, had less output, was more "planted", his footwork was off, etc. In other words he's already past his prime and will get knocked out again if he faces Izzy. He should have been able to go out there and take out a can like Darren Till in no time, but instead he barely scraped by on the scorecards.
  • Whittaker proved he's still got it and why he's an ex-champion and Darren Till is just another contender. He used his Octagon experience and finally mixed in his offensive wrestling to get ahead on the scorecards, fighting the kind of fight he needed to in order to secure a comfortable win. He's coming back for that belt, Izzy. WAR REAPER.
  • Darren did his usual, boring low-output counter-striker/point-fighter thing (people can never decide which one he is or if he's both) and proved that he's never going to last at the top of the division. Someone like Adesanya will murder him on the feet, while the Joker would sub him on the ground with ease.
  • Darren looks great at 185 lbs. and did well to move up a weight class. He showed he's able to hang with the best of the division and should have won the fight. He is a serious problem for any contender with his style.
  • The fight was boring as hell and neither guy wanted to engage the other, occasionally hitting air or just feinting while looking for the counter-strike.
  • The fight was a highly-technical chess match between two high-level strikers at the top of the division, you filthy casuals.
I think you get my point.

Sums it up

<mma4>

Till landed a huge counter elbow on Whitaker moving in that could have been fight ending vs someone else but between rounds Reaper seemed more troubled by the fact he didn't see it.
His corner didn't see either to tell him it was an elbow.
After that Whitaker continued to work his normal game and was landing with his blitzes, driving Till backwards, making him fade.
Strong decision but not overwhelming.

Back