Nog vs Sergei 18 years ago

*alltime He is not top 30! And will not be remembered much. Big Nog for a lengthy time was considered number 2 and is still top 5 in most lists. But it’s ok you can continue to favor him over a GOAT. You are going full retard shilling for ufc.

Gane isnt on anyone's top 5 list and would massacre Nog

"shilling for ufc" is pure fantasy on your part

Last edited:
Askren was a high level mma fighter. He was 19-2.

Maia is also fantastic

You're embarrassinv yourself idiot.

When the fuck did i ever say Mir was goat?

Tou're really all over the place.

Again, how many titles for k-1 stars reem, cc, and hunt???

Maia beating Askren somehow diminishes ncaa???

What about Gonzaga decapitating mirko?? whats that say for k-1???

keep at it
Listen retard stop trying to shift scope!

Discussion started with you saying Timmeh was not goat but Mir was (lol even though no stat backed that up).Then you took offence to me saying Brock is from wwe and countered by saying a fake wrestler fought in pride. That fake wrestler unfortunately like other fake wrestler also won the ufc title. You though took offense to Brock being called a fake wrestler (sadly it’s his actual profession) saying he was also a ncaa champ. Unfortunately that random fact is complete irrelevant just like Big Nog being a bjj blackbelt or his competition bjj stats or hunts K1 crown. Your constant attempts at scope shifting won’t go anywhere.

all you had to do was sit one out. This was a thread about Sergei and big Nog. But you came in here like you do in all previous non ufc fighter threads and start unnecessarily defending U Fight Cheaps inferior talent pool. The saddest part about your situation is: ufc actually bought pride and acquired big Nog too, so being this defensive and insecure about him is retarded.

Lol Gane who got wrestle humped by a knee less non NCAA Francis? Sure

Gane looked so bad in wrestling even Jones is now teasing a comeback

Yep.

That Gane.

Would obliterate Nog in the first round.

*alltime He is not top 30! And will not be remembered much. Big Nog for a lengthy time was considered number 2 and is still top 5 in most lists. But it’s ok you can continue to favor him over a GOAT. You are going full retard shilling for ufc.
You said he was never Top 30. You were wrong and won't admit it, but go back to name-calling. It's obvious you're nothing but biased Pride fangirl with the analytical abilities of a soap dish.

You said he was never Top 30. You were wrong and won't admit it, but go back to name-calling. It's obvious you're nothing but biased Pride fangirl with the analytical abilities of a soap dish.
I literally admitted the error right away and said alltime! How can someone currently top ten not be top thirty? Is it a 11-30 only list?

But I also don’t blame you for being so stubborn about it as a U Fight Cheap apologist and loyalist you are used to the top ten heavies being else where and out of relevance. Makes sense.

Please continue comparing an all time top 2-5 heavyweight with an irrelevant HW from the weakest era of HW MMA.

Yep.

That Gane.

Would obliterate Nog in the first round.
In a game of tag? Yes, I would bet the house on it too.

In a sprint (he literally runs away all fight) ? yes he would be heavy favorite too.

In mma? With a mere ten career wins and none of them against anyone significant in their prime? No thank you!

Listen retard stop trying to shift scope!

Discussion started with you saying Timmeh was not goat but Mir was (lol even though no stat backed that up).Then you took offence to me saying Brock is from wwe and countered by saying a fake wrestler fought in pride. That fake wrestler unfortunately like other fake wrestler also won the ufc title. You though took offense to Brock being called a fake wrestler (sadly it’s his actual profession) saying he was also a ncaa champ. Unfortunately that random fact is complete irrelevant just like Big Nog being a bjj blackbelt or his competition bjj stats or hunts K1 crown. Your constant attempts at scope shifting won’t go anywhere.

all you had to do was sit one out. This was a thread about Sergei and big Nog. But you came in here like you do in all previous non ufc fighter threads and start unnecessarily defending U Fight Cheaps inferior talent pool. The saddest part about your situation is: ufc actually bought pride and acquired big Nog too, so being this defensive and insecure about him is retarded.

Please cite where I said Mir was GOAT ufc hw.

Or don't.

In a game of tag? Yes, I would bet the house on it too.

In a sprint (he literally runs away all fight) ? yes he would be heavy favorite too.

In mma? With a mere ten career wins and none of them against anyone significant in their prime? No thank you!

Yep. That Gane.

Massacres Nog before he ever comes close to a TD. Like Mir 1 lol

Yep. That Gane.

Massacres Nog before he ever comes close to a TD. Like Mir 1 lol
LMAO this is why I visit sherdog when there is no good event on the horizon: watch ufc shills suffer for entertainment.

You are so desperate at finding the next cnadiate to surpass the previous era guys you now think a guy with a mere ten career wins in the worst division, against out of prime or never any good opponents is going to beat a top ranked all time fighter prime for prime? Hahaha

Its 2022 and you have been here for years trying to convince us pride sucked, Fedor sucked, big Nog sucked, etc. while U Fight Cheap continues to lower the bar and dinosaurs from that era like AA and Big Ben are still winning today. Hahaha must suck to be a ufc shill.

Give it maybe 10-15 more years or maybe wait till a youtuber like jake paul Knocks out the heavy weight champ to become champion before trying this again. Cause like all previous years and flavour of the month fighters you bring forward, you stand no chance, your claims are unsustainable and you bring no relevant facts or stats to the discussion.

Please cite where I said Mir was GOAT ufc hw.

Or don't.
Memory loss? Is your memory loss associated with the trauma of pride, wwe and strike force etc., fighters from before? Is UFCs weak history at HW why you trained yourself to never look back or recall?

If you go back a few pages, to paraphrase: I said Timmeh was the ufc goat until so and so time, you said no Frank Mir was better!

Memory loss? Is your memory loss associated with the trauma of pride, wwe and strike force etc., fighters from before? Is UFCs weak history at HW why you trained yourself to never look back or recall?

If you go back a few pages, to paraphrase: I said Timmeh was the ufc goat until so and so time, you said no Frank Mir was better!

Yep.

Exactly what i said.

"until the time" qualifier now? Mir was always better than Sylvia

Be good man.

Such a deep HW division. Sergei's boxing was fantastic, even by today's standards. I rewatched his mauling of Pedro Rizzo a few months back and his jab was fucking BRUTAL. It's rare enough to see someone utilize an effective jab today, let alone back in 2005.
Sergei has always displayed some of the best boxing fundamentals ever seen in HW MMA.

I don't get your stance here mate. You're an OG with nuance. Why are you claiming Nog wouldn't hit a takedown on Gane or Ngannou in the clinch?

What a shit take.

I dont say he wouldnt, categorically.

Im saying that Ngannou's physicality and improved wrestling, as well as Gané's movility and size, would make very hard for Nog to complete his TDs.
Particularly from the clinch, yes I think the chances are very slim that he gets an advantageous hold in the clinch in the first place, and secondly, that he is able to complete a TD from there in a cage, which is where FrancisGane fight.

I think many people on this thread just dont understand how much physicality makes a difference in fighting. Somehow they acknowledge 30-40lbs are a huge deal at any weightclass when both opponents are fairly skilled, but suddenly between a fit 225lber and a fit 260lber it doesnt matter at all.
It does matter. And Ngannou and Gane, apart from superior physical specimens, aren't clueless skillwise neither.

I don't get your stance here mate. You're an OG with nuance. Why are you claiming Nog wouldn't hit a takedown on Gane or Ngannou in the clinch?

What a shit take.

I think with Frank the problem is the amount on punishment you have to take to try and get close to him. I think the historical fighters that would do well against him are ones that can pick him off from the outside. Closing the distance on him seems like a rough time.

I think with Frank the problem is the amount on punishment you have to take to try and get close to him. I think the historical fighters that would do well against him are ones that can pick him off from the outside. Closing the distance on him seems like a rough time.

What punishment did Gane take? He initiated plenty of clinches with Francis. And it's not like Nog couldn't take a lick.

Back