North Korea says it will permanently suspend ALL nuclear and ICBM tests, effective immediately.

I'm just popping by to remark on the travesty of merging @Arkain2K's OP into someone else' thread instead of the other way around. I don't care who posted first, we all know who the GOAT TS is in the WR.

"These are not the droids you are looking for."
images

images

I think this is a case where they feel they've developed the tech to an acceptable level where any more further investment would be a net negative. I know most people are ignorant on the topic and think NK is a joke with WW2 era tech but the facts say otherwise.

July 4th, 2017:

North Korea tested its first intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) named Hwasong-14 on July 4.[45][46] It launched from the Panghyon Aircraft Factory 8 km southeast of Panghyon Airport.[47] It was aimed straight up at a lofted trajectory and reached more than 2,500 km into space.[48] It landed 37 minutes later,[49] more than 930 km from its launch site,[50] into Japan's exclusive economic zone.[51] Aiming long, the missile would have traveled 7,000–8,000 km or more, reaching Alaska, Hawaii, and maybe Seattle.[49][52][53][54][55] Its operational range would be farther, bringing a 500 kg payload to targets in most of the contiguous United States 9,700 km away.

November 28, 2017:

North Korea launched an ICBM from the vicinity of Pyongsong at 1:30pm EST/3:00am Pyongyang time. The rocket traveled for 50 minutes and reached 2800 miles (4,500 km) in height, both of which were new milestones. The missile flew 600 miles (1,000 km) east into the Sea of Japan; unlike summer launches, the Japanese government did not issue cellphone alerts to warn its citizens. North Korea called it a Hwasong-15 missile. Its potential range appears to be more than 8,000 miles (13,000 km), able to reach Washington and the rest of the continental United States.[68][69] Much about the missile is unknown. The missile might have been fitted with a mock warhead to increase its range, in which case the maximum missile range while carrying a heavy warhead might be shorter than 13,000 km. Based on satellite imagery, some experts believe that North Korea may now be able to fuel missiles horizontally, shortening the delay between when a missile becomes visible to when it can be launched.[68] The rocket is believed to have broken up on re-entry into the atmosphere.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Korean_missile_testshttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_North_Korean_missile_tests

That was their last test on November and by far the longest range they've ever demonstrated. a possible range of 7000-13,000 km. Enough to hit the entire continental US at the high range, and enough to hit Hawaii and parts of the US west coast at the low range. It looks to me like they're saying to the world "ok, now you know we can do this so don't even bother trying to invade and regime change here." Theres no need for further tests, they've already reached their milestones.

Last edited:
The exact quote from NK was that they had no need for further tests. This could just mean that they are confident in their current stage of development. Regardless, a promise not to test is a good thing, as it is something the international community can hold them to if they breach. However, NK has sold us this story before.

This is the beginning of a huge foreign policy victory for Trump whether he deserves it or not.

I think North Korea had realized that Trump really is crazy enough to obliterate them.

Whether this is 4D chess or just dumb luck for Trump remains to be seen, but it's a big win.

He's gonna go down in the history books for denuclearizing NK.

Last edited:

This is ahead of ending war announcement with SK and meeting with Trump in June.

Will be interesting to see what they got in return. KJI traded this for food aid in the past.

NK has wanted guaranteed security and believed the nuke was the only way to get it. They're not giving up their nukes or ICBM's they're not going to test them further.

It's funny to me, that people don't talk more about the deep state in South Korea being exposed, and the president going to jail, accompanied by mass protests in South Korea against the US deploying the THAD missile shield in South korea, having more to do with this than anything.

The only thing trump should get any credit for is that he stopped the US demand that North and South Korea can't directly negotiate.

South Korean hippies and peaceniks are why this is happening.

This is the beginning of a huge foreign policy victory for Trump whether he deserves it or not.

I think North Korea had realized that Trump really is crazy enough to obliterate them.

Whether this is 4D chess or just dumb luck for Trump remains to be seen, but it's a big win.

He's gonna go down in the history books for denuclearizing NK.
NK is not going to denuclearize

President Trump almost has this Korean peninsula problem all wrapped up.

At this point, there's really no disputing President Trump is the greatest President of the 21st century.

Bush descended our world into war.

Obama was the teary-eyed dictator, keeping us in perpetual War, to show us how much he "really" didn't want to.

President Trump has brought us closer to a lasting peace than any other President in our lifetimes.

Those who try to downplay this event due to partisanship will find themselves on the wrong side of history.

It's funny to me, that people don't talk more about the deep state in South Korea being exposed, and the president going to jail, accompanied by mass protests in South Korea against the US deploying the THAD missile shield in South korea, having more to do with this than anything.

The only thing trump should get any credit for is that he stopped the US demand that North and South Korea can't directly negotiate.

South Korean hippies and peaceniks are why this is happening.

Trump put massive public pressure on China, and to their credit they increased pressure on Kim.

Trump put massive public pressure on China, and to their credit they increased pressure on Kim.

I don't think China had to put any pressure on N. Korea, for the kind of deal SK, is going to have to offer to solve this.

The only way you denuclearize NK is 30 years from now, if they no longer feel threatened.

What you can achieve now is a ending of further proliferation and testing, in exchange for ending economic sanctions. With an agreement that all aggression ends by all parties.

I don't think China had to put any pressure on N. Korea, for the kind of deal SK, is going to have to offer to solve this.

The only way you denuclearize NK is 30 years from now, if they no longer feel threatened.

What you can achieve now is a ending of further proliferation and testing, in exchange for ending economic sanctions. With an agreement that all aggression ends by all parties.

That’s some nice talking points, now google China cuts off NK coal. You’ll find a plethora of articles detailing China’s increased pressure.

That pressure was 100% on trump.

That’s some nice talking points, now google China cuts off NK coal. You’ll find a plethora of articles detailing China’s increased pressure.

That pressure was 100% on trump.

But NK would have always agreed to 1 on 1 negotiations.

The deal that will come out of this negotiation, will make Clinton's deal seem hawkish.

There will be no deal, that isn't one NK would have taken at anytime it was offered.

Of course we have never offered them a deal before that allowed them to keep their nukes, and end economic sanctions. Like I said, any deal that NK actually accepts, will seem dovish in comparison to Billy Bob Clinton's deal.

But NK would have always agreed to 1 on 1 negotiations.

The deal that will come out of this negotiation, will make Clinton's deal seem hawkish.

There will be no deal, that isn't one NK would have taken at anytime it was offered.

Of course we have never offered them a deal before that allowed them to keep their nukes, and end economic sanctions. Like I said, any deal that NK actually accepts, will seem dovish in comparison to Billy Bob Clinton's deal.

Well maybe we should have had better deal makers.

There was no coarse for a future for them with the mounting international pressure. If you buy their “we just wanted respect” line, you’re falling for their propaganda.

Well maybe we should have had better deal makers.

There was no coarse for a future for them with the mounting international pressure. If you buy their “we just wanted respect” line, you’re falling for their propaganda.

This comes down to whether you believe the problem with NK was that they are evil, or that we don't control them?

I'm not sure how accurate the meme's talking about central banks, and the axis of evil is. I imagine it is a bit more complicated then that, but there certainly seems to be something to it.

You can be a evil dictator in Egypt, as long as you are 'our' evil dictator.

You can't be a evil dictator in NK, because we don't own you.

You can have nukes if you are Israel, but not if you are Iran, because Iran isn't in the club.

They lied before

I think that is the most likely outcome, but because these are now 1 on 1 talks, there is a chance that SK offers a deal, where it isn't in NK's interests to lie. It doesn't get much better for NK, then you get to keep your nukes, and we decrease sanctions as incremental steps are achieved to ensure non-proliferation and an end to testing.

If we agree to this aren't we basically telling every madman that developing nukes is the ultimate leverage? I think NK is the reason why we have a CIA, we should have let them loose there long ago.
It IS the ultimate leverage.
It buys you a seat at the negotiating table

Back