Not doing too well.

I genuinely hope things turn around for you. The smiling thing actually does work IMO.

It may sound dumb, but I try to start every day smiling. People that I work with say "You're always so happy!" which is usually true but even on days that aren't that great I try to smile which, in turn, makes those around me lighten up and smile and that makes the environment a lot more pleasant.

Suicide is a tough subject to touch on and one I'm not "qualified" to give advice on. I've been where you're at, a moment or place where nothing seemed to matter and I didn't want to deal with anything. Riding that wave out is the only thing I've done and I thankfully have lots of good memories, made unexpected friends, and overall am happier despite still feeling the lows at times.

Not sure what coping mechanisms you might have or what support is available to you personally / medically but you should address it so it doesn't become something that feels "all encompassing 24/7".

If I were anywhere near you I'd sit down for a beer or whatever and bullshit.

Maybe I'll give the smiling thing a go. Couldn't hurt. I do try to laugh and joke at work, but the environment in general isn't great right now. We are all striking because of inflation, and everyone is scared of price increases.

If it makes you feel better we are all fucked

just some people haven’t realized it yet

It sounds like all of your basic needs are being met. You have nothing to be unhappy about tbh. Sounds like you are looking for a fantasy life out of the movies.

With respect to both, am I the only one who sees this as a problem?

My partner and my mother are the same. They work their arses off for bugger all, with no work life balance, no rewards aside from surviving, and are miserable, but it's okay because we're not dying?

Why is it so accepted for people to settle into unhappy lives?

A happy, contented life should be what everyone strives for, not just to be used up by society and spat out when dead.

Bro,
It's the same all over the world, not only in UK.
They, "the elites", are trying to eliminate as many of us as possible. They will fail, yet, they are trying.

The main goal is to survive to spite them fooks.

They create artificial "world hunger" situations, manufacture inflation, make it nearly impossible for average folks to own anything of value or have any real savings or retire with dignity...

Yet they will fail.

Fucking survive, outlast them cocksuckers, make them fail.

Hey brother, I was there not too long ago. It is still a battle quite frankly. I too made a thread on here talking briefly about it. Life is hard, Sherbro. My advice to you, which is what helped me, is to let go of the things you can't control and try to see the brightness in each waking moment. If you don't like your situation, try like hell to change it. That's what I'm doing, man. I am betting on me and not allowing anyone to tell me I can't. Suicide is only a permanent fix to a temporary problem. My DMs are open, but remember, you are here for a reason. Try to find your "why" and run towards it.

I'm trying mate. I wanted a new job this year, with better money. Also wanted to get on the property ladder, then go to Japan and Thailand for a few weeks. It's just that I either hit a dead end, or the path is dimly lit.

Bro,
It's the same all over the world, not only in UK.
They, "the elites", are trying to eliminate as many of us as possible. They will fail, yet, they are trying.

The main goal is to survive to spite them fooks.

They create artificial "world hunger" situations, manufacture inflation, make it nearly impossible for average folks to own anything of value or have any real savings or retire with dignity...

Yet they will fail.

Fucking survive, outlast them cocksuckers, make them fail.

I fucking hope that they fail.

They've separated families and have punished millions with war.

They rule with misery and fear.

Fuck them.

I'm trying mate. I wanted a new job this year, with better money. Also wanted to get on the property ladder, then go to Japan and Thailand for a few weeks. It's just that I either hit a dead end, or the path is dimly lit.

I fucking hope that they fail.

They've separated families and have punished millions with war.

They rule with misery and fear.

Fuck them.

The job thing is understandable, as I sit here typing this in a prison office lol. What are you doing to make that a possibility besides applying? Have you broadened your skillset? If not, what better time than now to try to learn some marketable skills?

I've never considered probiotics. Saw them advertised. Any good?

I've started going back to the gym too. I feel a little better when I do, still dislike things though.
It's an emerging field, kinda matters that they're in date and contain food for the bacteria, and that they are the bacteria that you're missing. I was able to target mine because I had IBSD symptoms that it was related to. I recommend trying some different types over a few months. A few weeks for each.

Don't think of ending your life please. They have 3 new yakuza series coming out. I would have nobody to talk to about that series. Seriously though go find a professional to talk to. You don't have to get medicated yet but it's just good to have someone you can open up to.

I think you were talking about taking a vacation around UK and it didn't pan out. Japan just opened up and maybe you can visit those places. It really blew my mind when I saw some of the stuff in the game IRL. The Sega arcades are done though. I think they closed them down permanently.

The job thing is understandable, as I sit here typing this in a prison office lol. What are you doing to make that a possibility besides applying? Have you broadened your skillset? If not, what better time than now to try to learn some marketable skills?

Honestly, I learned how to drive a lorry and an articulated lorry, and got the licence for both.

The problem is that I had seven days training, filled with criticism, and it's left me feeling anxious as a result.

I'd be happier if I just had a lorry and a trailer to screw around with...

Honestly, I learned how to drive a lorry and an articulated lorry, and got the licence for both.

The problem is that I had seven days training, filled with criticism, and it's left me feeling anxious as a result.

I'd be happier if I just had a lorry and a trailer to screw around with...

I'm not going to look up what a lorry is, but have you thought of driving a tractor trailer???

7-Funny-Laughing-Meme-Gif.gif

Don't think of ending your life please. They have 3 new yakuza series coming out. I would have nobody to talk to about that series. Seriously though go find a professional to talk to. You don't have to get medicated yet but it's just good to have someone you can open up to.

I think you were talking about taking a vacation around UK and it didn't pan out. Japan just opened up and maybe you can visit those places. It really blew my mind when I saw some of the stuff in the game IRL. The Sega arcades are done though. I think they closed them down permanently.

Yeah, visiting Kabukicho and Osaka is on my bucket list, definitely.

Damn shame about the arcades. I definitely missed out on that. A repeated mistake of mine. The world doesn't stay the same, so see things whilst you can.

You need to find a profession that suits your personality. Also, I highly disagree that home ownership and auto ownership will end. I see a lot of people buying homes that probably shouldn't. I'm actually seeing the opposite...

It is possible like many said it is your current perspective or you actually might be surrounded by boring, often mean /passive-agressive, directionless people. I know I was at times in my life and that shit is HARD. To find purpuse, joy while in that circumstance. Even worse if "they" mirror their own insecurities onto you and speak in terms like "ah, we' ll never be like that *person*" or "never that successful , WE arent built like that". I lost a few friends over that, it spilled overboard eventually because I knew I could do more and wanted much more.

IMO its always best to take a step back if you can, to look at a bit bigger picture, seeing that while there are certain constraints that might hold you/your view in place, perhaps financial, there also are none permanent. Youre not the people around you, youre not fixed to any place or purpose,all the rules around you are arbitrary and man-made. You need to find your people and purpose and if you feel depression is looming and has been for years, pills like Zoloft can do miracles to make you get out of bed, trust me.

Prayer and Community…I know when your feet are heavy it feels impossible to make a move….moods change like the wind…as much as we believe the place we are in mentally is all there is, wait a little longer, pray a little harder, things change..Peace

Shut the fuck up...

I'm in a pretty well off position, but I'm under no illusion that despite hard work if things didn't break my way things could be very different. Glib comments like that are effectively kicks to people who are already down.

I think he’s just trying the tough love approach….

Back