Not feeling 100% going into training but feeling great afterwards. How is this possible?

MMouse

Now you enter...the shredder
Banned
Reaction score
Odd experience last night.

- scheduled to be hard training last night (sparring)
- didnt feel fully recovered
- warm up felt like crap, no power, fatigue
- was about to call it a day and should have
- sparring felt awful
- after the session, out of no where I felt great
- used extra energy to do a CO session
- still felt good

Anyone experienced this?

I didnt have a HR monitor on me so it was hard to tell if I was deep into parasympathetic or sympathetic prior to training.

If you were parasympathetic overreaching than it would make sense, if the sparring were power-intensive.

I didnt have a HR monitor on me so it was hard to tell if I was deep into parasympathetic or sympathetic prior to training.
Could you explain this to me?

Could you explain this to me?

Going into training, I didn't feel 100% fully recovered from my last workout session 2 days prior (light drills and shadow boxing for couple of hours + hard pick up game of baseketball in the evening) so it was hard to tell if I had difficultly raising my HR or lowering my HR.

Your body releases painkillers and antiinflams to combat the damage caused by exertion. Raising your body temp will have similar affects.

Sometimes this is the best part of training. Love it when this happens, and it happens to me probably half the time.

This happens more frequently to me actually. Some days before leaving work I feel like shit, and dred about going to the gym, but for some reason it ends up being a great sparring / rolling / lifting session, and I feel great afterwards. It happens.

If you do feel over-trained, just take a week or make it a light active recovery week. It gets the best of us at times.

I find the worse I feel, the better I feel after training. I theorise that training makes me feel 8/10, thus usually it's a mark up. Occasionally I feel great and train only to feel worse, that's when I felt 9-10/10 beforehand.

some of my best days were days I usually didn't feel like going into sparring or training and felt like bumming around.

I would think that it's more a result of your body being physically capable to do the work. The low energy and dread to work out is more a psychological barrier.

Back