Not gonna lie, I think Nate Diaz smashes Tony Ferguson on the feet

You cant use padwork of an indication that hes better. Then Ronas the GOAT.

Is Diaz even training still or did he go his brothers route and is just parting?

Took 14 posts in before someone even mentioned this ↑↑↑ Nate don't check kicks...

tumblr_ngl37gvLww1u2ragso1_r1_500.gif
In a pure boxing match I got Nate in a mma fight I lean to Tony
Even sloppy journeyman Clay Guida started leg kicking Nate to death and he had no clue how to stop it, don't think I have ever seen Clay throw a leg kick in any other fight and he has had tons of fights. Its a huge weakness in both Diaz brothers.

Andrew ward has said he uses Nate and Nick. Nate because he's more technically sound and Nick because he can put more power behind the punches. Now this was two years ago and Nate has improved leaps and bounds since then.

I've always said Tony is good overall and he wins because pressure Burt's pipes he just keeps going but when he meets someone that's a better striker that also keeps going he tends to let them take over. Doesn't happen often but it does. Mj beat him that way and Pettis when he had the gas to go for half the first round lol.

when people acknowledge that Nate is as good as Nick was at his peak, they'll see him how I do.

Easily one of the most underrated fighters I've seen given his skillset In 15 years of watching mma.

One of the only fighters where it's okay to completely define him based on 5 years ago, which Is absurd.

If i were doing the same thing, I'd probably agree. His current skillset paints a very different picture for me though.

I'd argue Nate at his peak is better than Nick at his. I view Nate as a better version of Cowboy. He always brings it, wins some fights he shouldn't and stays in the top 10 of stacked divisions. The thing that makes Nate better is he isn't a headcase like Cerrone. I don't get why people see it as a slight on Nate to say he's lower top 10 in the most stacked UFC division.

Take a moment to compare the two. Nate Is LEVELS beyond Tony here.

His pad work here Is a solid Indication of how much his boxing has Improved over the years.

This is Tony's last fight

A lot of people don't realize how much Nate's boxing has Improved over the years. He's legitimately as good as Nick, If not better In some ways. One of the few fighters to get legitimate praise from legitimate pro boxers like Andre ward and Amir Khan and could do well In pro boxing if he chose that path.

Tony Is a warrior but he's very sloppy In almost everything he does on the feet. He gets dropped every single fight. He wins fights because he has a warrior spirit, he gets stronger as the fight goes on, he outlasts his opponents In these wars of attrition. Along with establishing a pace that his opponents cannot keep up with

Problem Is, Nate Is very much like this as well. He does not quit, has an Iron chin, gets stronger as the fight goes on, he puts a lot of pressure on you and establishes a pace that not many can keep up with. He's a zombie who just keeps coming. Both Tony and Nate are very alike In this sense.

Tony has more tools, he throws kicks, elbows, knees..but he's also very sloppy. Very reckless offensively and leaves himself very exposed. His versatility would keep him honest on the feet, but given how his past fights have gone and given the massive discrepancy In the boxing..I don't think It would be enough. Tony himself relies heavily on his boxing

I wouldn't count Tony out and It would be a fun scrap If it ever happened. Probably a back and forth war. Obviously Tony has many tools if he chooses to use them, Including wrestling. Styles make fights though and Nate would have a lot going for him In that one.

he absolutely smashes tony on the feet. and not a chance tony could sub nate. his best shot at a win in via CUT

You obviously haven’t seen Nate Diaz against a good striker. Other than Michael Johnson and Cowboy, Diaz usually tries to do his best Big Nog impressions in fights

We were watching human execution on television when he fought RDA and Bendo

Conor used him as a punching bag for the first two rounds of both fights until he gasses

If you’re talking about Big Nog vs like, Mir when he had staph or him vs Roy/Struve perhaps. But if you’re talking about when Big Nog was considered the #2 HW on the planet, like, 2004’ish, you’re not even remotely close to being right.

Nate’s footwork sucks, people on here who think he’d be a good boxer are clueless.

I'd argue Nate at his peak is better than Nick at his. I view Nate as a better version of Cowboy. He always brings it, wins some fights he shouldn't and stays in the top 10 of stacked divisions. The thing that makes Nate better is he isn't a headcase like Cerrone. I don't get why people see it as a slight on Nate to say he's lower top 10 in the most stacked UFC division.

Nick at his peak was literally LEAGUES better than Nate.

Nate is the definition of gatekeeper.

In a pure boxing match, yeah. Diaz has the cleaner technique.

Cucuy has WAY more overall weapons in his arsenal though. His kicks and elbows would give Nate all kinds of issues. He also carries more power in his strikes.
This. I don't like tony's style but guy is well rounded, tricky and effective.

Ferguson would get inside and tear Diaz's face off. and that's a good Diaz, not one that's been retired for years.

Tony would take him down and do whatever to him if he had to

Tony Is a warrior but he's very sloppy In almost everything he does on the feet. He gets dropped every single fight.

That's not even close to factual. Lando dropped him and had him badly hurt. Pettis dropped him, but Tony recovered instantly. Trujillo also has a kd against Tony, more like a slip imo. That punch certainly didn't rock Tony at all. 3 Knockdowns, that's all I recall. Nate with his pro class boxing defense got knocked down 3 times in his last fight.

What the Diaz brothers "would" do is the story of their careers. The most theoretical fighters in the history of mma
I don’t think so. They’ve been fighting for a long time and I think ppl know where they stand. Exciting as can be but clearly not champion level. I’d say Brock and even Kimbo (to a much lesser degree) are big what if’s.

Nate actually climbed the ladder to a title shot though

Nick's peak was not spent in the UFC. Nick between the time he fought Neer and BJ (like a 5 year span I think, was right before Gomi and that was Feb 07) was better during that stretch than Nate has ever been in his entire career.

Nate had a good streak before he got the title shot vs Benson (Miller, Cerrone, Gomi) but the best he's looked has been vs Cerrone or maybe MJ and that is nowhere near as good as Nick was at his best,

No he’s not
I personally would give Nate the edge
Tony very rarely uses his wrestling(fought pettis and didn’t lol)
Grappling only becomes a factor when Tony gets knocked down which I think probably happens
Tony likely will not abuse kicks as that is not his game whatsoever
Nate wins

He doesnt uses his wre
Dong and guida isn't really bad losses..

Guida beat pettis, rda and gomi.. ie he could have been champ if shit lined up in a different way..

Dong was a high level gatekeeper at ww..

Guida could have never been champ. Not when you had guys like Penn, Edgar, Benson or gray. All those guys were always better than Guida. Just cause you beat a champ doesnt mean you could be champ. Guida was never one of the top 5 fighter at LW. guys I mentioned were always above him.

if people still dont know how good the diaz bros striking is even though they are so 1 dimentional then i dont know what to say. Somehow comparing Nates boxing vs Tony's striking who is getting dropped every other fight twice a fight is just fucking silly.

Even though the Diaz brothers are not active(currently) their skills while they were fighting are much higher then Tony's ever was or will be, Tony is just a poor mans Diaz bro, thats just the easiest example that can and should be given.

Nick's peak was not spent in the UFC. Nick between the time he fought Neer and BJ (like a 5 year span I think, was right before Gomi and that was Feb 07) was better during that stretch than Nate has ever been in his entire career.

Nate had a good streak before he got the title shot vs Benson (Miller, Cerrone, Gomi) but the best he's looked has been vs Cerrone or maybe MJ and that is nowhere near as good as Nick was at his best,

So Nick's peak conveniently began and ended between the time he was fighting higher end wws?

On the feet? In may be an unpopular opinion but I think you're probably right. There's a good chance for Diaz's style to work out on a guy like Tony. Pettis gave him trouble when he got a chance to plant his feet. Diaz doesn't need to plant his feet to throw the volume strikes he does. He's longer and taller as well. Tony's elbows probably won't be of much use against Diaz, unlike most guys. It's not to say Diaz is better than Tony, he's just a bad match up for Tony IMO.

So Nick's peak conveniently began and ended between the time he was fighting higher end wws?

im not sure you understand MMA if you think people have "peaks" that last a very long time. Most fighters do not. That's where there are only a handful of guys like GSP/Aldo/Fedor/JBJ etc.

And you act as if Nick had many fights against UFC WWs when he came back, he fought 2 dummy.

Again, Nick > Nate, by a country fucking mile. It's not even really comparable or close.

Back