Not impressed with Pavolich

wrestlefan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
He is a solid heavyweight, but let's not get out of control here. He lost to an ancient Alistair Overeem, who has been fighting since 1999 - longer than the majority of sherdog posters have been alive (Conor and Ronda fans are now considered vets on here). Not to mention when he grasped defeat from the jaws of victory against Lewis a couple of years back.

Props to Aspinal though. He's a really solid well rounded HW.

He gets a little wild out there for sure.

People really tout his boxing ability but I don’t really see it, he’s fast for a heavyweight no doubt, but he leaves his chin up in the air and has a tendency to get incredibly sloppy.

As with regards to his power he hits like a truck but not in the same way as Francis. Most of his finishes in the UFC have been by TKO rather than Flatlining people the way Francis did.

I think he should diversify his game more add in some kicks and implement his wrestling background more I mean the dude literally trains with Khabib and a host of other great wrestlers but he barely uses it offensively.

He's good but I think his ceiling always looked lower than Aspinal, he's basically a big reasonably tough guy who isnt slow who walked people down and beat them up with decent technical boxing, good enough to potentially be champ in todays HW division but never a GOAT contender IMHO.

To be fair though Aspinal whilst more gifted for me and better rounded does I think still have gaps in his game, he's quick and powerful but technically there were openings and Sergei did land a very good punch on him in less than a min.

Just a hunch but had he landed and dropped Tom on any of those shots Tom got out of the way of you would’ve started a thread stating

Not impressed with Aspinall
So your opponent of the fighters would not change regardless of the how fight was?

Just a hunch but had he landed and dropped Tom on any of those shots Tom got out of the way of you would’ve started a thread stating

Not impressed with Aspinall
That's exactly right. He did hit Tom well. If Tom didn't see it coming, he would be sleeping. In HW, we have seen many things happened. Even Roy Nelson, Ben Rothwel (the slowest, most unathletic with worst striking skill on the planet) still Ko'ed elite strikers. Schaub KO'ed Crocop for Christ sake. That's not saying Aspinall isn't elite. He 100% is and deserve this title. The KO was no fluke. But for sure the outcome could be completely different if they will ever fight again..

So your opponent of the fighters would not change regardless of the how fight was?
I’m guessing opinion is what you are going for. Assuming that’s true, you missed the point.

He has average boxing skills.

He goes forward with a lot of balls.

Thats it. Thats how he scored last 4 KO's.

He's good but I think his ceiling always looked lower than Aspinal, he's basically a big reasonably tough guy who isnt slow who walked people down and beat them up with decent technical boxing, good enough to potentially be champ in todays HW division but never a GOAT contender IMHO.

To be fair though Aspinal whilst more gifted for me and better rounded does I think still have gaps in his game, he's quick and powerful but technically there were openings and Sergei did land a very good punch on him in less than a min.

heavyweight in MMA that doesn't throw looping punches = GOAT Boxing

He is a solid heavyweight, but let's not get out of control here. He lost to an ancient Alistair Overeem, who has been fighting since 1999 - longer than the majority of sherdog posters have been alive (Conor and Ronda fans are now considered vets on here). Not to mention when he grasped defeat from the jaws of victory against Lewis a couple of years back.

Props to Aspinal though. He's a really solid well rounded HW.

I know watching UFC cards and drinking Bud go hand in hand, but maybe next time you should sober up before posting such nonsense.

Back