not on the roof solar panels?

jeffk

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone know about solar panels for a backyard?

I live in a townhome where the hoa won't let people get solar panels for the roof. Is it possible to get solar panel(s) set up in a backyard and run certain things off the solar panel power?

I am wondering if I could a solar panel set up in the backyard and run portable air conditioners in the house in the summer and portable space heaters in the winter with the panel?

Sure you can. You can put them anywhere. Just don't put them in the shade

Anyone know about solar panels for a backyard?

I live in a townhome where the hoa won't let people get solar panels for the roof. Is it possible to get solar panel(s) set up in a backyard and run certain things off the solar panel power?

I am wondering if I could a solar panel set up in the backyard and run portable air conditioners in the house in the summer and portable space heaters in the winter with the panel?

The same regulations likely prevent you from having them in the yard too. If you live in California you can tell the homeowners association to kiss your ass and put up what you want. In other places you could use Tesla's solar roof. You will need a lot of panel surface area to run an air conditioner. The best setup is one that tracks the sun to get maximum exposure to the sunlight at all times of the day and year. Here is the website of a company that sells them. It has some videos that show the way they work.
http://dhsolar.net/

Back