Nov.16th ESPN Shakur Stevenson vs Edwin de los Santos

Stevenson been having some distractions outside the ring. Hopefully it doesn't affect him on fight night.

Apparently his teammate got knocked down in sparring at Mayweathers gym. He been engaged in an ugly twitter war since.

Really excited for this one, we’ll see the best Stevenson yet, and we better because DLS was sharp as hell last time I saw him, it Shakur makes this look easy it’ll be a real statement imo.

Stoked for this card! Great main event and fascinating style match up. DEEP undercard. Well done Arum!

im actually more hyped for Navarette. one of my favorite boxers this forum has clued me in about. love his style; its so awkward and uncoordinated looking but he just beats everyone hah

Conceicao won't be able to keep up with his volume and pace. Navarette UD

Edwin has a lot of holes in the defense that Shakur can use. Shakur KO/TKO RD7

Worst fight ever. Scores didn’t tell the story. Shakur won every round and failed to do anything interesting in even one of them. Not one fucking risk. Christ. What a let down.

Worst fight ever. Scores didn’t tell the story. Shakur won every round and failed to do anything interesting in even one of them. Not one fucking risk. Christ. What a let down.
Tim Bradley thought it was a master class.

I thought Shakur looked good. Did what he had to do. Didn’t take any damage.

It takes two to tango and de Los santos came to box. He took some risks but for the most part he didn’t want to get tagged by Shakur either.

They both could have hit the gas a bit more because it did look like a sparring session. But mostly de Los santos. If you are losing every round the onus is on you to get something going and make Shakur work.

He’s big, strong, powerful, got muscles. He didn’t get tagged hard or stunned, if he wanted the dub he had to go

It takes two to tango and de Los santos came to box. He took some risks but for the most part he didn’t want to get tagged by Shakur either
They both deserved the boos. Shakur is super talented, DLS too, neither got anything out of this though.

They both deserved the boos. Shakur is super talented, DLS too, neither got anything out of this though.
Yeah it was a terrible fight, but people are acting like Shakur should have just gone into the fire when he’s comfortably winning with a disciplined fight.

All I am seeing online is how Shakur gets smoked by tank and loma now lol. I still want to see him fight those guys. I think loma gives him a dog fight but I’m not sure if tank touches him enough. Shakur probably wins a decision.

I don’t think people give enough credit to Shakurs outside creeping in pressure

You need to stop listening to the clown ESPN commentary. That fight was a draw or 7-5 either way. Shakur fought scared the whole fight and was exposed as a hype job who is very limited unless he can bully his opponents.

You need to stop listening to the clown ESPN commentary. That fight was a draw or 7-5 either way. Shakur fought scared the whole fight and was exposed as a hype job who is very limited unless he can bully his opponents.
Oh, DLS looked like he was in tremendous shape and had his moments for sure, but he didn’t have enough of them, and it was because Shakur was able to work consistently enough behind a safe yet effective jab and evade the rest of the time. I didn’t like it any better than you, and it pisses me off because they both looked like they could have had some of the best exchanges and instead played this terrible game of tag and DLS wasn’t gonna win that fight. Some of the rounds could have gone DLSs way but I just felt like Shakur was dictacting the fight more often than his opponent was and it sucked.

Shakur basically ran away every time DLS breathed in his general direction. Wtf happened to the Shakur who could lean back and counter or take one step back and counter?

Did the guy forget how to box overnight?

It takes two to tango and de Los santos came to box. He took some risks but for the most part he didn’t want to get tagged by Shakur either.

They both could have hit the gas a bit more because it did look like a sparring session. But mostly de Los santos. If you are losing every round the onus is on you to get something going and make Shakur work.

He’s big, strong, powerful, got muscles. He didn’t get tagged hard or stunned, if he wanted the dub he had to go

You know it was a poor performance if one of your compliments for a boxer is "he's got muscles".

Back