November 11th will be the last time you watch the GOAT fight

It’ll be a sad day to see the GOAT retire. He shall surely aid humanity in other ways throughout the rest of his days.
thug-tears-proud-uncle-tears.gif

No one is ever passing Jon Jones despite what Dana white says in the future. They'll have to stay unbeaten and get as many title defences, plus be 2 division champ. Retire unbeaten....

Not in today's MMA. Goat forever. Nov. 11 veterans day, the end of world war 1. End of the career of the Goat of fighting too
FYI, Jon has a loss. He isn't undefeated.

I don't think it will be overly hard to surpass Jones as UFC goat. It's not like he murdered everyone he faced in first round finishes. He has too many close decisions that could/should have gone the other way, not enough dominate performances over well rounded guys his size, and he was juiced. And if he does retire, he will retire young. Others will have more dominate wins later in their career.

Silva would be UFC goat if he didn't keep fighting. But he fought into 39 and 40s and lost. If silva retires after Bonnar, before he losses and before he popped, then what? Which would still be a few years older than Jones is now.
You could also make the argument that all Khabib had to do was fight a few more years to attain a lengthy enough career, move up and win the WW belt, and then he'd be UFC goat since he was much more dominate relative to his competition than Jones.

No one is ever passing Jon Jones despite what Dana white says in the future. They'll have to stay unbeaten and get as many title defences, plus be 2 division champ. Retire unbeaten....

Not in today's MMA. Goat forever. Nov. 11 veterans day, the end of world war 1. End of the career of the Goat of fighting too
The fact that Floyd Mayweather exists, guys like Crawford exist.... it proves that eventually we will get other 30 and 0 or 40 and 0 guys who make it to the title young... that said... I mean in 30 years of mma there have been like 4 guys that are immortalized like that... so... probably in another 6 or 7 years we will see the guy win the belt in whatever weight class.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be overly hard to surpass Jones as UFC goat. It's not like he murdered everyone he faced in first round finishes. He has too many close decisions that could/should have gone the other way, not enough dominate performances over well rounded guys his size, and he was juiced. And if he does retire, he will retire young. Others will have more dominate wins later in their career.

Silva would be UFC goat if he didn't keep fighting. But he fought into 39 and 40s and lost. If silva retires after Bonnar, before he losses and before he popped, then what? Which would still be a few years older than Jones is now.
You could also make the argument that all Khabib had to do was fight a few more years to attain a lengthy enough career, move up and win the WW belt, and then he'd be UFC goat since he was much more dominate relative to his competition than Jones.
Jones is 36 that isn't retiring early
.. that said it's unfortunate he only has 28 fights due to multiple long layoffs from steroids, legal issues, etc.

Jones is 36 that isn't retiring early
.. that said it's unfortunate he only has 28 fights due to multiple long layoffs from steroids, legal issues, etc.

36 would be pretty early compared to the others. For the record I don’t think he retires, but besides khabib and gsp the other goats went later

36 would be pretty early compared to the others. For the record I don’t think he retires, but besides khabib and gsp the other goats went later
The other goats are just Fedor and Anderson... so that would make it Khabib youngest, Gsp next, Jones, Silva, Fedor? Or was silva older than Fedor? They may have both been 45 or 46... God I wish Silva retired after the leg break. I guess we got a couple fun fights to watch like Bisping, Nick, and Izzy, but watching him lose to like Uriah Hall was just a waste

Back