Novitzky: Jon Jones tested positive for Turinabol in August and September

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky attempted to shed some light on the Jon Jones situation today as a guest on The Joe Rogan Experience. In a wide-ranging interview that went almost two hours, Novitzky explained the reasoning behind why Jones wasn’t punished for his most recent positive test for Turinabol, and revealed that he actually tested positive back in August and September as well.
Novitzky stated that an August 9th test came back clean. On August 29th, a test came back positive for 19 picograms of Turinabol. On September 18th, his test was positive again for 19 picograms. Then his next four tests from late September to early December all came back negative. Finally, on December 9th his test was positive again, this time in the range of 60 to 80 picograms.

Nevada was alerted about this by USADA in early December, according to Novitzky (transcribed by MMA Fighting):
“USADA didn’t need to notify them. They thought, out of an abundance of caution, let’s let Nevada know that this issue exists.

“That’s all good, Nevada gets this. I talk with them, they’re like, ‘Whoa, this is concerning, but we don’t see anything in our jurisdiction here, so I certainly hope that no subsequent tests show up positive because that could be an issue.’ And sure enough, USADA collects a sample from Jon on 12/9, they expedited the results because they knew a fight was coming up and they do that now when fights are close or the collections are done close to a fight, and here he pulses back up to between 60 and 80 picograms.
“There’s some misconception out there,” Novitzky continued. “[The NAC] did not say this fight is absolutely not happening next week. In fact, they, I think, were understanding of these issues but said, ‘Look, optically, this doesn’t look great, and we feel that, out of an abundance of caution, that we need to have a public hearing and be very transparent about this, because this is some weird sh-t.’”

Novitzky also wanted to clear up that Jones didn’t do this intentionally, but he’s paid the price nonetheless:

“Look, nobody’s saying and I’m certainly not saying that Jon didn’t do anything wrong,” Novitzky said. “He obviously did. Jon has, two times now, tested positive for prohibited substances. However, in both occasions, arbitrators have determined that it was not done intentionally. So anyone who says that Jon’s getting off light on this, he’s been suspended for almost two-and-a-half years with a lack of evidence of any intentional use or cheating. You know how much money he’s probably lost in those two-and-a-half years? How many tens of millions of dollars? His reputation? Anybody who says that he got off scot-free on this, I would argue the otherwise. He was held to the strictest of liability standards out there. Someone at the top of their game, money-earning potential like him.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...-positive-turinabol-august-september-mma-news

giphy.gif

So we can up the failed test count to a half dozen now.

But remember folks, he's still "cleared" and "innocent" to his fan-boyz.

LMAO

UFC vice president of athlete health and performance Jeff Novitzky attempted to shed some light on the Jon Jones situation today as a guest on The Joe Rogan Experience. In a wide-ranging interview that went almost two hours, Novitzky explained the reasoning behind why Jones wasn’t punished for his most recent positive test for Turinabol, and revealed that he actually tested positive back in August and September as well.
Novitzky stated that an August 9th test came back clean. On August 29th, a test came back positive for 19 picograms of Turinabol. On September 18th, his test was positive again for 19 picograms. Then his next four tests from late September to early December all came back negative. Finally, on December 9th his test was positive again, this time in the range of 60 to 80 picograms.

Nevada was alerted about this by USADA in early December, according to Novitzky (transcribed by MMA Fighting):

Novitzky also wanted to clear up that Jones didn’t do this intentionally, but he’s paid the price nonetheless:

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/12...-positive-turinabol-august-september-mma-news

giphy.gif
Such corruption . This is a prime example of why I stopped paying for events a long time ago.

"It's really ok guys, he tested positive before so is normal" - Novitzky 2018

<FookIsThatGuy>

and now they say he might test positive for up to 7 years

either legalize PED's or give all fighters a free 7 year pass to take steroids

It's Jon Jones he's allowed to fail at least 30 Drug tests

Wow remarkable. Never would have thought the corruption would be so visible to the public.

If this is a residual effect of old exposure, why is it bullshit.

Unless you believe it wasn't, when science and experts point to the fact that it is plausible.

Unless you believe it wasn't, when science and experts point to the fact that it is plausible.
Name the experts

We should compile a chronological thread with all the doping fuckeries the UFC had like:

- the story about UFC 145 (I didn't look into it yet)
- Vitor's test results from the Jones fight in Toronto
- hiding Vitor in Brazil and then he gets flagged after a surprise test in the US
- Brock Lesnar's TUE for UFC 200
- Brock Lesnar's 'missing' sample
- The Jon Jones Saga

...and I probably forgot a few things

DifficultFickleBarbet-size_restricted.gif

I hope this one fight was worth the complete loss of all integrity and credibility for the UFC and Novitzky.

Fucking Novitzky... the guy gets famous for busting one of the biggest drug cheats in sports history, and a few years later he's making excuses and helping another massive drug cheat compete, all for that sweet UFC paycheck.

1. Because the levels got higher.
2. Because he is being allowed to fight with steroids in his system.
3. Because if what they say is true, the pathetic suspension they gave him wasnt even enough for him to get the shit out of his system.

Jeff is likely corrupt and might be committing a crime by concealing this.

At this point we either need lifetime bans for 2nd or 3rd offenses or to just let guys get on the gas and pretend they aren't like the old days.

So we can up the failed test count to a half dozen now.

But remember folks, he's still "cleared" and "innocent" to his fan-boyz.

LMAO

Since the USADA said they did not consider this to be a positive result or a failed test, and that would seem to apply to the others, I'm not sure we can actually say that. You may want to, but if the testing body says "he did not fail a test" that tells me I shouldn't count it as failed.

Back