Now that the dust has settled, who won condit vs diaz

I always thought this debate was like BJ v GSP.

Everyone knows GSP won two rounds out of 3 - it's not even debatable. Some just think BJ "won the 'fight'", "won the moral victory", or "should have won if the rules were more like I wish they were".

We know fans can get resentful when a fighter doesn't just stand and bang.

Not the fans

Only right answer. Thank you.

{<BJPeen}

Condit soundly won that fight by being the superior fighter and tactician. He wasn't stupid enough to let Diaz press him into the corner to pummel him. Instead, he picked him apart effortlessly as Diaz plodded forward and ate strikes, while talking and putting his hands to the side to mock Carlos in frustration.

Nick is an all time action fighter, and I loved to watch the guy fight, but he diversified far too late in this one and fought Carlos' fight. Its unfortunate that a lot of Diaz' fans are delusional and can't let this go.

As an aside, imagine still being upset about a single line in a ninety second fight promo twelve years later. Wolf tickets indeed.

Clear win for condit imo
Welcome to 2023. When I watched that fight in early 2012, I had Condit winning relatively convincingly. I've seen it a few times since 2012 and I had Condit winning every time. Condit won with a stick-and-move game plan, which has been a staple of boxing for many decades. You are under no obligation to stand directly in front of your opponent and trade especially if you are the quicker, more skilled fighter or possess a better ground game. Condit mixed-up kicks, punches and elbows very nicely and enjoyed a significant strikes advantage of 151 to 105 which is 44% more significant strikes landed. Condit out struck Diaz in 4 out of 5 rounds and in Round 2 Diaz had only a slight 32 to 29 advantage. I had Condit winning 4 rounds for 49 - 46.

Condit definitely won. Another classic "Well under Pride rules" bs argument combined with people's general disappointment with the fight considering it had the makings of an all time classic but instead, Condit fought extremely cautiously and won on points.

People's frustration makes them want Condit to be "the loser" for avoiding a brawl with Diaz but in terms on actual scoring, Condit clearly won. Zero debate to be had

Clear win for Condit. Diaz fans love to blame Condit for a "boring" fight, but they should actually look at their own guy. Nick made zero adjustments in that fight, never cut off the cage, and never changed levels for takedowns. Plodding forward hoping your opponent will play rock 'em sock 'em with you, and taunting out of frustration when they don't, isn't exactly high-level mma. He got defeated by a very basic stick-and-move strategy.

{<BJPeen}

Condit soundly won that fight by being the superior fighter and tactician. He wasn't stupid enough to let Diaz press him into the corner to pummel him. Instead, he picked him apart effortlessly as Diaz plodded forward and ate strikes, while talking and putting his hands to the side to mock Carlos in frustration.

Nick is an all time action fighter, and I loved to watch the guy fight, but he diversified far too late in this one and fought Carlos' fight. Its unfortunate that a lot of Diaz' fans are delusional and can't let this go.

As an aside, imagine still being upset about a single line in a ninety second fight promo twelve years later. Wolf tickets indeed.

Lol looks we struck another nerve, sherbros. I never disputed the decision. In fact, I agreed with it. Doesn't change the fact it was a dog shit fight.
If you had a rudimentary understanding of how context works, you would've remembered all the hype and build up towards this matchup, and how it was basically billed as a FOTY contender.
I'm guessing comprehension was never your strong suit. Now go find something else to be outraged about.
crying_baby.jpg

Last edited:
Back