Now we know why Triple C retired

Cejudo has the best shot against Yan. Tbh Dillashaw just seems like a worse version of Yan… I bet prime Cruz could do at least as well as Corey (he wouldn’t do any damage but he’d nullify the power boxing)

Now we know why he's coming back, his now wife only agreed to marry him if he can provide a luxurious lifestyle

I wish Henry would take this fight instead of the pointless FW matchup he's after.

Now we know why he's coming back, his now wife only agreed to marry him if he can provide a luxurious lifestyle
Most definitely can't be that he has a child on the way that he will have to provide for.

He fought prime Demetrius Johnson and TJ Dillashaw but he is scared of Yan?

Not buying it.

He made himself enough money to not have to cut weight or go through camp, so he took his money and rode off into the sunset. Said he would fight for a big enough pile of money.

No reason to read any more into it in this scenario.
I think the difference is youre hungry and willing to take risks to get to the top but once he finally got there having the potential to lose is much more significant.

Looking at his last 4 fights.
Beat DJ to win FlW title - going into the fight he had nothing to lose relatively speaking given he lost to DJ before and hes also a once in a generation talent
Then UFC still being high on TJ gave him the chance to go down to become a 2 division champ, so Henry is forced to defend
TJ pops for PEDs so now Henry has the chance to become double champ against a non champ in Marlon so he takes the fight and wins.
Finally in order to cement his legacy as real double champ and not just be some transitional champ in a weak-ish division at the time he fights 35 year old Cruz after a 4 year layoff, wins and retires.

So yeah I could see him being afraid of losing all he worked himself up to be, outside of beating DJ his other 3 title fights all have an * (not to say they werent legit wins but the status of opponents or the circumstance in which he fought them in was all less than optimal which is unusual). TJ coming down a class, Cruz's layoff and Marlon not being a proper champion to capture a second title from

Calm down, cejudo wasn’t scared, he finally got a girlfriend and now must put in full time to be her simp.

Cejudo scraped by DJ after getting brutally finished in the first fight. UFC did DJ dirty by not giving him a rematch.

I don't think Cejudo is afraid of Yan, and that him leaving was absolutely pay dissatisfaction. But I do think Yan would have busted him up if it he had fought him at 135. Marlon was putting it on Cejudo until he gassed out before Henry could take over. Yan dosen't gas. And Yan is also just better than moraes on a lot of levels. So I think Yan would have just put it on Cejudo in a similar fashion but just never took his foot off the gas.

I think the difference is youre hungry and willing to take risks to get to the top but once he finally got there having the potential to lose is much more significant.

Looking at his last 4 fights.
Beat DJ to win FlW title - going into the fight he had nothing to lose relatively speaking given he lost to DJ before and hes also a once in a generation talent
Then UFC still being high on TJ gave him the chance to go down to become a 2 division champ, so Henry is forced to defend
TJ pops for PEDs so now Henry has the chance to become double champ against a non champ in Marlon so he takes the fight and wins.
Finally in order to cement his legacy as real double champ and not just be some transitional champ in a weak-ish division at the time he fights 35 year old Cruz after a 4 year layoff, wins and retires.

So yeah I could see him being afraid of losing all he worked himself up to be, outside of beating DJ his other 3 title fights all have an * (not to say they werent legit wins but the status of opponents or the circumstance in which he fought them in was all less than optimal which is unusual). TJ coming down a class, Cruz's layoff and Marlon not being a proper champion to capture a second title from
I will meet you halfway and agree that there is a certain risk vs reward factor.

And I agree with the hungry/nothing to lose everything to gain aspect.

But I object to the word "afraid" obviously there is a natural fear of fighting a man in a cage, or potentially getting KOed on camera, but the idea that an elite martial artist or combat sports athlete is "afraid" seems like it is more a reflection of fan perception than reality.

I genuinely think it was all about the money in this case. He made a few million, became double champ, defended. It is understandable that the motivation could wane at that point when all the to do boxes have been checked and defending does relatively little to help your legacy, where there is "everything to lose."

He wasn't hungry and had the luxury of saying pay me this much or I'm not fighting (cutting weight and doing a camp etc)

Not buying it.

He made himself enough money to not have to cut weight or go through camp, so he took his money and rode off into the sunset. Said he would fight for a big enough pile of money.

Here is your "prime" Dillashaw bro..

025_dillashaw.jpg

Not buying it.

lol Yan would beat the absolute shit out of all three of those guys.

olympian + went up a weight class to fight epo killashaw = doubt he is scared. plus he's short and has little man complex so he wouldn't be scared
Dillashaw went down and the cut made him look like the Machinist, he looked like a mild gust of wind would send him sailing in the breeze

Dillashaw went down and the cut made him look like the Machinist, he looked like a mild gust of wind would send him sailing in the breeze
TJ cheats and fans look at it like he was at a disadvantage in the fight.

Here is your "prime" Dillashaw bro..

025_dillashaw.jpg

He didn't know that when he signed the contract.

TJ is one of the best strikers in MMA history and was coming off back to back KO wins. He uses a wide variety of attacks and angles from both stances, not an easy opponent to prepare for.

Obviously the fight went very well for Henry but he didn't know that for sure going in.

olympian + went up a weight class to fight epo killashaw = doubt he is scared. plus he's short and has little man complex so he wouldn't be scared

I could be wrong but I thought TJ came down a weigh class to fight Henry...hence the reason he was taking EPO.

Back