Law NYC Pension Fund and Oregon sue Fox News

Voodoo_Child906

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Do you think Murdoch will settle this case as well?

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-lawsuits-piling-rupert-murdoch-desk-1827626

New York City's pension funds are long-term shareholders of Fox Corporation, with shares valued at $27.7 million as of the end of August. Oregon, which joined the lawsuit, holds shares in the company worth approximately $5.2 million.

"Fox's board of directors has blatantly disregarded the need for journalistic standards and failed to put safeguards in place, despite having a business model that invites defamation litigation," New York City Comptroller Brad Lander, who manages the city's pension funds, said in a statement.

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum said the company breached its fiduciary duties by disregarding legal risks.

"The board of Fox Corporation took a massive risk in pursuing profits by perpetuating and peddling known falsehoods,"

Do you think Murdoch will settle this case as well?

https://www.newsweek.com/fox-lawsuits-piling-rupert-murdoch-desk-1827626

New York City's pension funds are long-term shareholders of Fox Corporation, with shares valued at $27.7 million as of the end of August. Oregon, which joined the lawsuit, holds shares in the company worth approximately $5.2 million.

"Fox's board of directors has blatantly disregarded the need for journalistic standards and failed to put safeguards in place, despite having a business model that invites defamation litigation," New York City Comptroller Brad Lander, who manages the city's pension funds, said in a statement.

Oregon Attorney General Ellen Rosenblum said the company breached its fiduciary duties by disregarding legal risks.

"The board of Fox Corporation took a massive risk in pursuing profits by perpetuating and peddling known falsehoods,"

That money is peanuts compared to what Dominion got, so yes, I expect a settlement.

Just some investors suing the board of directors for bad management that led to a drop in value.
Somehow I doubt we will se lobbying efforts made to create legislation aimed at forcing shareholders to relinquish their right to sue and to partake in forced arbitration if they have any grievances.
I could be wrong. ALEC might already have the legislation written.

<Dany07>

Fox isn’t as fair and balanced as they claim but you have to consider the broader universe. Next to CNN, MSN etc… Fox is basically honest Abe.

The MSM has manufactured and peddled more lies and hoaxes in the last 10 years that Fox couldn’t do anything to compete with those level of lies.

<Dany07>

Fox isn’t as fair and balanced as they claim but you have to consider the broader universe. Next to CNN, MSN etc… Fox is basically honest Abe.

The MSM has manufactured and peddled more lies and hoaxes in the last 10 years that Fox couldn’t do anything to compete with those level of lies.
So CNN and msn paid out nearly a billion as well? <WhatIsThis>

If it causes more news outlets to confirm their stories before they go to print, that's great.

If it causes news outlets to fear investigating rumored corruption, then it's not great.
This will not set a precedence. Leftist channels will be left alone. Different standards

That is a ridiculous reason to sue and it doesn't surprise me that the two places suing are majority leftist places.

This is what they get for being fucking cowards. Settling the recent lawsuits was stupid because they didn't cross the line and it has invited an endless parade of new lawsuits. Go fuck yourself Lachlan Murdoch you goddamned sissy.

<Dany07>

This will not set a precedence. Leftist channels will be left alone. Different standards

That is a ridiculous reason to sue and it doesn't surprise me that the two places suing are majority leftist places.

This is what they get for being fucking cowards. Settling the recent lawsuits was stupid because they didn't cross the line and it has invited an endless parade of new lawsuits. Go fuck yourself Lachlan Murdoch you goddamned sissy.

You know, normally I would think people who watched Fox before the Dominion thing would be upset and decide to be more critical about the media they consume after it all played out.

But this is the sherdog war room.

This last guy is upset that they settled after they got caught blatantly lying. You're basically saying you approve of their lying and shouldn't have backed down that easily. You'd rather they continue to lie to you with impunity.

I think you guys are mad about the wrong thing.

You know, normally I would think people who watched Fox before the Dominion thing would be upset and decide to be more critical about the media they consume after it all played out.

This last guy is upset that they settled after they got caught blatantly lying. You're basically saying you approve of their lying and shouldn't have backed down that easily. You'd rather they continue to lie to you with impunity.

Nah. Fuck fox.

That's what they deserve for investing like retards.
So... if you invested in Anheuser Busch can you sue them for that Devin Mulvanny fiasco? Where does it end?
When you invest you assume risk, sorry NYC/Oregon, you pays your money, your takes your chances.

Still, how much was the stock devalued? I haven't followed it at all.

Investors are allowed to sue companies they invest in if the executives make bad decisions that cause a loss in the value of their investment.
On the other hand, you as private citizens have given up your right to sue a company you are engaged with, be it your phone, internet, credit card…when you agreed to the TOS which have a clause stating that you give up that right as a citizen of the United States and agree to arbitration to settle any claims you may have with them. It’s a nice loophole they’ve made for themselves.

You are clueless. "Fox" didn't lie, they reported. You can make a case that Sydney Powell lied but simply interviewing her on Fox does not constitute defamation. And it gets even worse for that case when you realize that Tucker was the most skeptical of all the Fox hosts. He pushed back on her claims and asked for evidence, but they fired him anyway, and his firing is supposedly part of the settlement (or so the rumor goes).

By settling the lawsuit not only has Lachlan effectively admitted wrongdoing (when he didn't need to because there was none), but he has invited more lawfare from the left. Now every time Fox has someone critical of the Democrats on their channel there is a risk of a defamation suit.

Do you really think Murdoch made this decision on his own? He must have had multiple high powered law teams look at the evidence, advise him and tell him that he's fucked if they go to trial. Not only would he lose, but the damage to Fox's reputation, and consequently its bottom line, that an extended and detailed account of Fox's lie pedaling would be immense.

Last edited:
You are clueless. "Fox" didn't lie, they reported. You can make a case that Sydney Powell lied but simply interviewing her on Fox does not constitute defamation. And it gets even worse for that case when you realize that Tucker was the most skeptical of all the Fox hosts. He pushed back on her claims and asked for evidence, but they fired him anyway, and his firing is supposedly part of the settlement (or so the rumor goes).

By settling the lawsuit not only has Lachlan effectively admitted wrongdoing (when he didn't need to because there was none), but he has invited more lawfare from the left. Now every time Fox has someone critical of the Democrats on their channel there is a risk of a defamation suit.

lol.... well let's see how denial, denial, denial works out for the Tangerine Terror...because it looks like that's going to be his strategy (along with delay, delay delay).

They settled, because they were caught red handed lying there asses off via multiple programs and multiple hosts, and Rupert Murdoch, although a cunt with an agenda, is a rational person and not a delusional War Room mark.
They settled, dear muppet, becuase the L was a foregone conclusion, and they wanted to limit the damage. The formal settlement would have been much greater than the settlement amount.
They settled for the same reason they carried water for Trump..... $$$....not truth, not political ideology, definitely not belief in that MAGA horseshit....$$$.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eltonmjr
Back