O’Malley is sage 2.0

You need to get your eyes checked because he clearly goes limp after the hammer fist. He was also clearly hurt by the first elbow. It’s a flash KO and way better and more reputable posters and sources than me have pointed it out.
he was wide awake, not even a flash KO, maybe you should follow your own suggestions.

Freak injury took him out of the fight. lets stop pretending that Cheeto "won"

What sucks about chito winning is people are not going to give him credit for doing so. The UFC pr machine will protect him too

Man talked shit. Got humbled.

lol yeah. He got humbled by himself.

No, dude. An injury is not a loss. But I'm glad to understand you have never fought once in your life. Good for you. Stay safe, my friend <3

lol yeah. He got humbled by himself.

No, dude. An injury is not a loss. But I'm glad to understand you have never fought once in your life. Good for you. Stay safe, my friend <3
Got an injury that another fighter caused. He got humbled that he's not invincible. It's a loss. You can make excuses but had he won with that injury, you'd be blowing him off as would others.

Well he lost it by eating a calf kick. Not by ankle twister. That was just a secondary result.

You're probably a Jones' fan.

This is like Jones vs Santos 2.

No. Santos hurt himself. O'Malley hurt himself.

Deal with it.

This part happened too:

LiquidSphericalAmphiuma-size_restricted.gif

CompleteBeautifulDorado-size_restricted.gif

Put him to sleep <Kobe213>
quoting your post, show me at what point he was out

The difference is O'Malley lost a fight where he was cocky, got injured, and possibly outclassed but he still has a ton of talent and potential. Sean was pushed because of his mouthpiece and his talent.

Sage never had the talent. He was pushed because of how he looks.

I think O'Malley will be a top 10 fighter for most of his career and possibly has a higher ceiling.
Sage should stop fighting.

Bold prediction with O'Malley's awful stance and reoccurring leg injuries. He has some talent like his use of feints but his defense is sorely lacking in every way.

This will be a reoccurring problem in his fights for several years to come if not his entire career.

He is better than Sage. But he didn't deserve to be talking shit to guys like Garbrandt yet. Dude didn't even have a ranked fucking win.

I am sure he will be back better - hopefully more humble too.
This post says it all. I'm actually gonna start appreciating O'Malley now that he lost and now that this stupid hype will be toned down.

He's a fun guy to watch, the shit he says outside the cage is annoying, so I'm assuming he'll be a bit more humble from now on...he's just not the second coming of Anderson Silva they were trying to convince us he was by keeping him in the safe space of defeatlessness.

You need to get your eyes checked because he clearly goes limp after the hammer fist. He was also clearly hurt by the first elbow. It’s a flash KO and way better and more reputable posters and sources than me have pointed it out.

Flash ko isnt putting someone to sleep... you maybe could day he dozed off for a second

When you're anorexic when you fight, injuries happen.

What sucks about chito winning is people are not going to give him credit for doing so. The UFC pr machine will protect him too

Man talked shit. Got humbled.

Chito won because of a freak injury, have people on here gone completely retarded?

Chito won because of a freak injury, have people on here gone completely retarded?
Let gaethje do that to khabib. You and others like you will slop that victory up.

But because it's chito, it doesn't count.

I liked O'Malley's little arms outstretched Conor pose during his introduction..

There's nothing that makes me happier in the UFC than seeing Dana and crew overhype some new contender and get egg on their faces.

Freak injury took him out of the fight. lets stop pretending that Cheeto "won"

That was my first thought. I saw a clip on Facebook where Cheeto kicked his leg the Suga switched stance and his leg buckled. I’ll give credit where it’s due cause I believed that caused numbness and the misstep that led to the injury. Like him or not, sucks for Suga cause he’s a special talent and now he will be sidelined for a while.

The dangerous thing for O'Malley isn't the loss. All fighters lose at some point. The dangerous thing for O'Malley is father time. Because as you get older, your metabolism decreases. The reason O'Malley has success is mainly due to the fact that he's fighting in bantamweight. He has a reach advantage against his opponents that makes it virtually impossible for them to strike with him in combination with very solid striking technique, and that reach advantage also makes it very difficult for grapplers to close the distance on him. But his ability to reach 136 (both he and Chito were exactly 136 at the most recent weigh-in) is mainly due to A. genetics and B. his youth.

As he gets older, his body will get thicker, it will be harder for him to cut weight as easily, it will be harder for him to maintain his weight in general. And that's fine for most people, but it might force him to change weight classes. If he has to go up to featherweight, suddenly that reach advantage is severely diminished or even nonexistent vs guys like Max Holloway, Alex Volkanovski, Zabit, etc. And the reality is that technique-wise he is not superior to other top strikers in the league, and he is not a notable grappler. So any losses he takes are big now because he's on a clock to win the bantamweight belt. If he takes a loss, and then another loss, sprinkle in some wins, doesn't get a title fight, suddenly it's 3 years later because MMA fighters naturally only fight about twice a year, and he has to move up a division, his window to become a champion has disappeared.

Back