Oasis (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Rate the album:

• Total voters
Love it.

Classic 90's album.

Best Beatles wannabe there is.

My sister played the fuck out of it on max volume for half a year back when we were living together, and it turned me into a massive Oasis-hater. I started hating my sister, too.

But I can't deny that it has got some kinda objectively good songs on it.

Blur sucks. Only song that was a hit was Song 2. Good that homeboy went on to do Gorillaz.

Oasis is deece. Love me some wonderwall when I am feeling nostalgic for the 90s with some Silverchair, smashing pumpkins and Tea Party.

I like Blur, but I never got the competition everyone had between them and Oasis. To me, there is no comparison. Oasis is just a level above.

overly derivative. I like their songs allright but I prefer the stones roses way more.

like the smashing pumpkins, great music, and terrible vocals. the guy has such a whiny voice. completely annoying. it sounds like he's always complaining. like, shut the fuck up lol.

I'd give it an 8 or an 8.5. It's probably peak Oasis (although not my favourite album) and it was around the time they wrote some of their best songs. Even if you listen to The Masterplan, the best songs off it were B-Sides from (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

Definitely one of the greatest albums released during my high school years.
Wasn't a huge fan in high school, but I respected their deviation from the norm. I could listen to them but they weren't my style. Even today listening, they're good but not great imo.

Absolutely loved it when it came out, still think it’s a great album, and if there is one song that could be representative of the Britpop era it’s Wonderwall, but I don’t think it’s aged as well as some. Parklife and Different Class are the albums I go to for early/mid 90s nostalgia rather than this.

They were decent enough, but never really got why they got so big, tbh. Were far better bands around the UK around that time, imo.

Best song was Whatever, imo, which I'n just learning wasn't even an album track.

Which had another of their best songs as a B side.

They were decent enough, but never really got why they got so big, tbh. Were far better bands around the UK around that time, imo.

Best song was Whatever, imo, which I'n just learning wasn't even an album track.

Some of Oasis' B-Sides were better than half the songs on their albums imo. I mean how was this a B-Side?

what were some better uk bands? besides pulp stone roses etc

what were some better uk bands? besides pulp stone roses etc

I will prefix with I said, "imo", so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Bands I preferred over Oasis (off the top of my head):

Terrorvision
Therapy?
The Wildhearts
The Verve
Manic Street Preachers
Stone Roses
Supergrass
Pulp
Radiohead
Primal Scream
Belle and Sebastian
Ash
Muse

I spent three weeks in Oxford in the summer when this album came out. edit: The album came out in october of 1995 I was in Oxford in August of 1996. There was this pub we went to daily that played this record 24/7. I can't stress enough how much I hated it at the time but ever since I came back home, whenever I hear a song from that album (even today) I get really nostalgic. I think it's excellent. All the tracks from the album are great, imo.

I will prefix with I said, "imo", so don't get your knickers in a twist.

Bands I preferred over Oasis (off the top of my head):

Terrorvision
Therapy?
The Wildhearts
The Verve
Manic Street Preachers
Stone Roses
Supergrass
Pulp
Radiohead
Primal Scream
Belle and Sebastian
Ash
Muse
I wasnt offended. I was just asking because I'm not from the uk and was interested in bands from there.

I wasnt offended. I was just asking because I'm not from the uk and was interested in bands from there.

Aha.

I was more into the metal scene than the indie scene, though there was a fair bit of crossover.

shock of the lightning
rock n roll star
waiting for the rapture

Definitely one of the greatest albums released during my high school years.

Word. I’m with you here, sounds like we’re the same generation.

Brilliant album imo. Oasis has made a lot of great music.

The Prodigy is another UK band.. although much different than Oasis.. that has done some excellent work. Most people will leave them at ‘Smack My Bitch up’ and ‘Firestarter’ but man.. those people are missing out imo. Their catalog of work is insane. I can’t tell you how many times I heard songs that were from films or music commercials playing snippets and was blown away later to learn it was ‘The Prodigy’. Very cool group that deserves more props than I feel they get.

The Prodigy is another UK band.. although much different than Oasis.. that has done some excellent work. Most people will leave them at ‘Smack My Bitch up’ and ‘Firestarter’ but man.. those people are missing out imo. Their catalog of work is insane. I can’t tell you how many times I heard songs that were from films or music commercials playing snippets and was blown away later to learn it was ‘The Prodigy’. Very cool group that deserves more props than I feel they get.

True that!

Back