Opinion Oathkeeper son speaks out and makes a change.

A rational person trying to answer the question would *start* by looking at average changes in crime rate when there is a new DA, and then look into whether the change in DAs is more likely following an anomalous rise in crime that is likely to revert to the mean. But I think we all know that there's almost no chance of any noticeable effect, especially when you consider that crime rates tend to move together (change is national) so you'd have to also adjust for that.

The issue is that crime spiked during Trump's presidency and came way down after so Republican loyalists need a story to distract from that.
So according to you, DAs who are in charge of prosecuting crime don't have an effect on crime rates, but the POTUS does? That is insane gas lighting. Its pretty obvious what you're doing and why doing it.

Retail theft is up under Biden is that his fault?

All of it.
You're trying to correct me, but you're wrong.

The Chief of the Capitol Police DID request help:

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots​

And Trump DID push for 10,000 National Guard Troops:

"Committee on House Administration's Subcommittee on Oversight Chairman Barry Loudermilk (GA-11) released a transcribed interview the January 6 Select Committee conducted with President Trump's former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato, which shows President Donald Trump pushed for 10,000 National Guard troops to protect the nation’s capital."

Last edited:
1. They don't have higher rates of teen pregnancy. The stats you're looking at just count live births, and the stats for abortions are all blue states with ludicrous rates.

Oh so we don't recognize that red states have the highest rates of out of teen pregnancies because those don't count abortions? Well that's quite the goalpost move. Unfortunately Florida leads the nation (and you'll notice a whole lot of red states punching well above their weight), in reported abortions.

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-p...}&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

And it's not like those pregnancies were helped by their shitty red state polices. As of course we've linked lack of eduction and access to contraceptives as the #1 and #2 factors for those pregnancies. Both polices that are hallmarks of red states.

You tried to move the goal posts and still couldn't lie your way to making it work. We've genuinely run out of honest conservatives on this board.

You're trying to correct me, but you're wrong.

The Chief of the Capitol Police DID request help:

Ex-Capitol Police Chief Says Requests For National Guard Denied 6 Times In Riots​

And Trump DID offer 10,000 National Guard Troops:

"Committee on House Administration's Subcommittee on Oversight Chairman Barry Loudermilk (GA-11) released a transcribed interview the January 6 Select Committee conducted with President Trump's former White House Deputy Chief of Staff Anthony Ornato, which shows President Donald Trump pushed for 10,000 National Guard troops to protect the nation’s capital."

The Speaker of the House has no control over the National Guard, no matter how many times you repeat it.

I've never understood this argument. Even if it were true, and Nancy turned down the National Guard, it shouldn't have been needed in the first place.
Quit trying to place the blame on others. No one forced the 1000+ people to storm the capital, assault law enforcement, steal, destroy property, and spread human shit on the walls.
The party of personal responsibility sure seems to be placing the blame on everyone else.

So according to you, DAs who are in charge of prosecuting crime don't have an effect on crime rates, but the POTUS does? That is insane gas lighting. Its pretty obvious what you're doing and why doing it.

Retail theft is up under Biden is that his fault?
Why do people think "so you're saying (something you're obviously not saying)" is a good argument tactic? Isn't it better to just be honest?

What I'm doing is calling for serious analysis rather than just naked hackery.

Oh so we don't recognize that red states have the highest rates of out of teen pregnancies because those don't count abortions? Well that's quite the goalpost move. Unfortunately Florida leads the nation (and you'll notice a whole lot of red states punching well above their weight), in reported abortions.

https://www.kff.org/womens-health-policy/state-indicator/number-of-abortions/?currentTimeframe=0&selectedRows={"states":{"all":{}},"wrapups":{"united-states":{}}}&sortModel={"colId":"Location","sort":"asc"}

And it's not like those pregnancies were helped by their shitty red state polices. As of course we've linked lack of eduction and access to contraceptives as the #1 and #2 factors for those pregnancies. Both polices that are hallmarks of red states.

You tried to move the goal posts and still couldn't lie your way to making it work. We've genuinely run out of honest conservatives on this board.
I don't know what an "out of teen pregnancy" is, but you kind of have to be pregnant to get an abortion, and killing your kid doesn't mean you were never pregnant. Live births + abortions is the number of pregnancies, and if all that sweet "education and access to contraceptives" you're pretending is abundant in blue states, you're going to have to explain why DC and California have the highest rates of abortion and lowest literacy rates with absolute democrat control.

Lol at pretending I'm the one who moved goal posts. You responded to a post about crime, made a fool of yourself because you didn't know that arrests and prosecutions for street crime were done at the local level, then blurted out "oh yeah, well red states have more teen pregnancies", which isn't the case.

Florida isn't in the top half of "teen pregnancies" by the standard you tried to use that excludes abortions. They're 3rd in abortion, because your list doesn't include DC, which is the highest and has never had any republican in charge of anything, and gives "NA" for California, when that number is about 155,000 abortions each year. The red states you originally said had the most "teen pregnancy", which happen to be the ones with over 30% black populations, are near the bottom of the list in abortions.

I don't know what an "out of teen pregnancy" is, but you kind of have to be pregnant to get an abortion, and killing your kid doesn't mean you were never pregnant. Live births + abortions is the number of pregnancies, and if all that sweet "education and access to contraceptives" you're pretending is abundant in blue states, you're going to have to explain why DC and California have the highest rates of abortion and lowest literacy rates with absolute democrat control.

Lol at pretending I'm the one who moved goal posts. You responded to a post about crime, made a fool of yourself because you didn't know that arrests and prosecutions for street crime were done at the local level, then blurted out "oh yeah, well red states have more teen pregnancies", which isn't the case.

Florida isn't in the top half of "teen pregnancies" by the standard you tried to use that excludes abortions. They're 3rd in abortion, because your list doesn't include DC, which is the highest and has never had any republican in charge of anything, and gives "NA" for California, when that number is about 155,000 abortions each year. The red states you originally said had the most "teen pregnancy", which happen to be the ones with over 30% black populations, are near the bottom of the list in abortions.

So first we can't point out that red states have the highest teen pregnancy and STD rates, because we have to include abortion. Then when we include abortion and point out that this still keeps decidedly red states, like Florida, right at the top, you pivot that DC has more abortions. Not teen pregnancies, but abortions. Not total abortions, obviously, I guess you meant percentage. I have to guess though, because you never source your make it up as we go along argument. And you genuinely can't see how people accusing you of just moving goalposts all over the place?

The bottom line, you can't just ignore red state poor performance by just blaming democratic cities. Those cities 1) contain a fuckton more people, which is why you suddenly shift from percentages to raw totals when you go here; and 2) those cities don't just magically negate the republican policies that govern them. Those intentional efforts to cut education in red states are republican led initiatives. And the intentional lack of access to contraception, is also the result of republican policies. Both of those are the top reasons for an increase in unwanted pregnancies.

You have this idiotic notion that democrat run cities are somehow implementing policies that negate republican state policies, and thus somehow throw the numbers of what would otherwise be a republican success, is just stupid.

The Speaker of the House has no control over the National Guard, no matter how many times you repeat it.

I've never understood this argument. Even if it were true, and Nancy turned down the National Guard, it shouldn't have been needed in the first place.
Quit trying to place the blame on others. No one forced the 1000+ people to storm the capital, assault law enforcement, steal, destroy property, and spread human shit on the walls.
The party of personal responsibility sure seems to be placing the blame on everyone else.
I never said she did. She has control over the security of the Capitol, however. She ignored her own Chief of Capitol Police.

I don't give a shit about either of those parties, I'm not a Republican.

Those marks fell into a trap and interrupted a ceremonial process for a few hours. Cleaning crew came through and the proceedings were continued.

I'm not impressed.

Last edited:
Hmm...might not be a good idea to play the blue state vs red state game on those issues.

Violent crime rate:

1. New Mexico
2. Alaska
3. Arkansas
4. Louisiana
5. Tennessee

Drug overdose death rate:

1. West Virginia
2. Tennesse
3. Louisiana
4. Kentucky
5. Delaware

Thoughts and prayers to anyone that has access to an abortion.

<36>
A lot of the drug overdoses in those states come from The Appalachia region. It’s a sad story. I watched some documentaries on recently. Once a lot of industry left the regions the towns were left hopeless and destitute. The towns were built for the coal mines and other natural resources and once the supply burns out it leaves a town in severe poverty.

There isn’t much to do around there and there aren’t many opportunities so people go to drugs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back