Social Ocasio-Cortez : 'World is gonna end' in a dozen years due to global warming

I know she isn't the brightest bulb, but part of why she gets the publicity she does is because conservatives and Trump fans give her publicity. The Gamergate stuff eventually helped lead to today's climate because of the opposition recruiting through claims of sexism due to gamers giving it too much publicity, don't make the same mistake here if you don't like Cortez.

Yammer yammer yammer...
This shit again?
Wasnt this supposed to have happened already?
Why isnt this dizzy broad making coffee somewhere?

I don't have to
Those are not remotely comparable. When Trump tells Lebanon they are fighting ISIS and Hezbollah, that's embarrassing because he's showing that he's talking to a country not only without knowing their major party but while thinking that major party is actually ISIS....even though it's actively fighting....against ISIS. But when I say Trump is the dumbest human on the planet, the fact that there are actual people who are brain-dead, therefore making that incorrect, does not make it comparable to Trump's statement because I was communicating an expression - meaning he's really fucking stupid - not relaying a point of genuine ignorance.

Everyone here knows Trump didn't know Hezbollah was a political party in Lebanon. No one here actually thinks that Ocasio-Cortez believes the world will end in 12 years.

Can you imagine if Trump haters were proportionally pedantic and went after not only his factual misstatements but his use of expressions as well? Everything the guy says is in superlative form. Worst economy ever, biggest electoral win ever, highest taxes in the world, etc., the last of which was meant to be taken literally and was absolutely idiotically wrong.

The disparate standards are absolutely insane, and I have to think that at least some of you know it. It's like that one poster who tried insisting that Obama was a worse liar than Trump because him saying "you'll be able to keep your doctor" was of greater gravity than all of Trump's lies. It's unreal.
I don't have to imagine anything. For more than A GENERATION, when he was considered a potential contender for Democrats nom for POTUS, he was, to say the least, considered a man of extraordinary intellect. His fourteen seasons on The Apprentice only bolstered that image. That's inarguable. Can you honestly say that Cortez could match or exceed that?

And honestly things are worse than what he said. Media has just ignored it want to focus on bs instead. Big issue is for a lot of conservatives if they don't see something happen immediately they just discount it. Funny thing is biggest conspiracy from climate scientists is to remain optimistic even though most of them secretly agree with what AOC just said and think we're all going to die.
What exactly are you talking about.

She obviously over-exaggerating, but global warming is a serious issue that affects hundreds of millions. Rising sea level and erratic weather pattern will wreck havoc on coastal communities, where nearly 70% of the world population resides.

I don't have to

I don't have to imagine anything. For more than A GENERATION, when he was considered a potential contender for Democrats nom for POTUS, he was, to say the least, considered a man of extraordinary intellect. His fourteen seasons on The Apprentice only bolstered that image. That's inarguable. Can you honestly say that Cortez could match or exceed that?

This is entirely irrelevant - in addition to being delusional nonsense. Your "inarguable" fact is a delusion. Trump was never considered a "man of extraordinary intellect". Ever. You can look up his interviews from the 1980s and 1990s (there's an early 90s one of him getting made fun of on Letterman that was pretty funny iirc). He was treated like a sleazy snake oil salesman, because that's what he was: he sold cheap products and gimmicky get-rich-quick schemes. He was only looked up to as smart by people who never actually read or saw people of actual intelligence: scientists, economists, philosophers, etc. The same people who look up to Dr. Phil as a great scientific mind....morons.

I wonder if this climate change thing is the sole issue she's going to cling onto. I liked it when she openly attacked corps, like uber and whatnot.

She was a barista once.
<Y2JSmirk>
Seems more her speed.

What exactly are you talking about.

Over the years talking to science people you get the perception they are putting on an optimistic face so not to be doomsday prophets but that they clearly believe we're fucked. Look at Robert Ballard's take on it(guy who discovered Titanic) and his view mirrors that of several science professors I've had who apparently think this fight was over in the 80's or 90's. Honestly the human race has never faced a crisis that had a timer on it. We've always simply faced troubles learned from them and fixed our mistakes. This slow, inefficient approach to problem solving can't work in a time sensitive crisis where how fast we change is what really matters. If we somehow survive this, this is a flaw that is still liable to kill our species in some future era.

Also yeah back to your question the media misleads in regards to victories on climate, guessing for optimism cause the truth isn't something you want to put on TV. For example when Trump pulled out of Paris the media narrative was, oh these states are going to pick up the slack and they represent x amount of GDP. Issue is these states were already cutting carbon for years some were doing more than the Paris accords and thus burn considerably less carbon per person and share of GDP than red states so the states where we need to cut carbon are the ones that need to be forced to do so by the feds, thus that is false optimism claiming that we are making progress when we're really going backwards cause those starts are in many cases burning more carbon in the absence of the Obama regulations. And yes red state emissions are enough to tip the balance by themselves, they are that important, that's a huge percentage of global emissions.

I like how the defense of this chick has become 'yeah well Trump is dumb too, so it's OK for her to be dumb.'

That's some high minded rhetoric there.

I feel like she should be on The Young Turks. They need someone to take over doing the weather now that Shaun King left.

Over the years talking to science people you get the perception they are putting on an optimistic face so not to be doomsday prophets but that they clearly believe we're fucked. Look at Robert Ballard's take on it(guy who discovered Titanic) and his view mirrors that of several science professors I've had who apparently think this fight was over in the 80's or 90's.

Also the media misleads in regards to victories on climate. For example when Trump pulled out of Paris the media narrative was, oh these states are going to pick up the slack and they represent x amount of GDP. Issue is these states were already cutting carbon for years and thus burn considerably less carbon per person and share of GDP than red states so the states where we need to cut carbon are the ones that need to be forced to do so by the feds, thus that is false optimism claiming that we are making progress when we're really going backwards cause those starts are in many cases burning more carbon in the absence of the Obama regulations. And yes red state emissions are enough to tip the balance by themselves, they are that important, that's a huge percentage of global emissions.
Man made climate change is not real.
The EPA puts regulations on carbon emissions because they have got money in natural gas.

Like we're all going to die and it's like the Republicans fault and do you like want to die?
Omg. This bronx girl is about to clap back at climate change.

<{hughesimpress}>

"Are we comfortable with a society where someone can have a helipad while [New York City] is experiencing the highest rates of people experiencing homelessness since the Great Depression?"

Indeed comrade Cortez, indeed.

It really doesn't take much for you to stop having fun, does it?

"stop having fun"?
I'm having a blast 'cause you continue to bring the ammo. <13>

Last edited:
Man made climate change is not real.
The EPA puts regulations on carbon emissions because they have got money in natural gas.

Honestly just stop, I'm not acknowledging the idiocy of that statement which somehow goes beyond climate denial.

You realize natural gas is carbon right? Natural gas is rebranded fossil fuels. At least if you're going to make some conspiracy theory, make it match up within the rules of the fantasy land and have the EPA have money in solar. Of course right now, EPA is basically a comic book villian trying to destroy the world.

This is entirely irrelevant - in addition to being delusional nonsense. Your "inarguable" fact is a delusion. Trump was never considered a "man of extraordinary intellect". Ever. You can look up his interviews from the 1980s and 1990s (there's an early 90s one of him getting made fun of on Letterman that was pretty funny iirc). He was treated like a sleazy snake oil salesman, because that's what he was: he sold cheap products and gimmicky get-rich-quick schemes. He was only looked up to as smart by people who never actually read or saw people of actual intelligence: scientists, economists, philosophers, etc. The same people who look up to Dr. Phil as a great scientific mind....morons.
I agree that the leftist intelligentsia are largely fools. Comediens found occasion to mock or make jest of an extremely high visibility figure over the course of decades? Of course. You are cherry picking and in hindsight. None of this disproves my statement. Cortez could never match, let alone exceed what he did.

I wonder if this climate change thing is the sole issue she's going to cling onto. I liked it when she openly attacked corps, like uber and whatnot.

She was a barista once.
<Y2JSmirk>

Did she dance while being a barista?

Was there a Pole involved? <{yearp}>

I don't really give a shit what she is saying but how overly expressive her face and arms are while she talks and the constant dropping of "like" in sentences like some Valley Girl drives me bonkers and even if she were to be a "EVERY AMERICAN SHOULD OWN A FULL AUTOMATIC THOMPSON SUBMACHINEGUN" type I'd still be annoyed with how she talks.

I like how the defense of this chick has become 'yeah well Trump is dumb too, so it's OK for her to be dumb.'

That's some high minded rhetoric there.

Textbook "What-about'ism" 101. <{MingNope}>

Back