Television Oct 1! Curb Your Enthusiasm Returns!

Episode 2 was great.. the spite restaurant and the picture ... the side sit

Episode 2 was great.. the spite restaurant and the picture ... the side sit

lol I love how Ted Danson already knows not to get involved in whatever craziness David is into when he mentions the spite shop. Danson seems to be one of the few characters who does his best to avoid Larry's nonsense.

Episode 3 is out already on HBO Go. It was downloading on my media server this morning which was surprising. I'll be watching this after work. Some people are saying it's the best one this season so far.

Episode 3 is out already on HBO Go. It was downloading on my media server this morning which was surprising. I'll be watching this after work. Some people are saying it's the best one this season so far.

Go hbo go in Canada. Does it hit on demand too?

Go hbo go in Canada. Does it hit on demand too?

Not sure about on demand. The only reason I noticed was because my media server is setup to auto download the show once it comes out. Looked on reddit for why it came out early and someone mentioned HBO Go release it already.

Cheryl fucked up her face with plastic surgery. She's one more plastic job away from looking like a monster. John Hammon killed it in his episode. Just the faces he would make were killing me he didn't even need to talk.

Cheryl fucked up her face with plastic surgery. She's one more plastic job away from looking like a monster. John Hammon killed it in his episode. Just the faces he would make were killing me he didn't even need to talk.
Idk bruh, Cheryl would get it. Especially the new v.2

season 10 has been great, except the surprise party episode imo. That one was a miss.

Idk bruh, Cheryl would get it. Especially the new v.2

season 10 has been great, except the surprise party episode imo. That one was a miss.

Didn't enjoy the surprise one that much either. This last one was probably my favorite starts off a little slow but picks up from there. Cheryl would have got it before but now? I'm good.

Didn't enjoy the surprise one that much either. This last one was probably my favorite starts off a little slow but picks up from there. Cheryl would have got it before but now? I'm good.

I loved the premiere and the one with Kroll as the restaurant manager. The notion of the kid essentially practicing medicine purely on the basis of being the son of a dermatologist was hilarious too and spot on Curb scenario.

Last one was really good too. The Jon Hamm stuff built up very organically in a way that it became increasingly funny as it went along.

I loved the premiere and the one with Kroll as the restaurant manager. The notion of the kid essentially practicing medicine purely on the basis of being the son of a dermatologist was hilarious too and spot on Curb scenario.

Last one was really good too. The Jon Hamm stuff built up very organically in a way that it became increasingly funny as it went along.

I was so hoping Larry would get to fuck the magic vag but I knew he'd fuck it up.

I love how Jon hamm became Larry

The structure of that plotline was done quite well, whereby in the early scenes of the transformation, Hamm and Larry are in the same situation, playing off of one another. By the time he is having a cup of coffee with Cheryl and just exhibits all of Larry's tendencies without Larry even being there, you know exactly where they're going with it and it works so effectively.

If I have one complaint about the last few seasons of Curb, it would be that I don't think the episodes have quite the same degree of replay value as the ones in season 1-6 or, maybe, 7. They're still really funny, don't get me wrong (and this season in particular) but some of the older ones you can watch over and over and they don't get old. I feel like they had all the awkwardness and uncomfortability but with a little more nuance and subtlety.

One episode I absolutely love from the earlygoing is when he cuts the hair of the doll belonging to the HBO executive's daughter. When Rita Wilson comes in to the daughter crying about the hair not growing back...the look on Larry's face- just priceless.

but with a little more nuance and subtlety.

This season and the last one have pretty much lost all of that. It's still there slightly but they did a lot better with it in the earlier seasons. Still a great show and I still rewatch these episodes already but yea that nuance an subtlety isn't there like it was.

Back