Official Apex Legends Discussion w/ Gamertag List

PSN SMW81
I fucking suck at this game. I seem to have the same problem I do with most FPS multiplayer games which is get the drop on people, unload a clip in their back and they turn around and kill me.
Got you, DK.

Add my gamertag to both lists for Xbox and PS4.
StabbyMcHatchet

This game is fun. (And frustrating and satisfying)

...and challenging.

I seem to be getting worse at this game. Or not improving while everyone else does.

I still really like it, but am getting frustrated with myself. I'm usually a solid player on most shooters (Halo-COD 4-GOW-Destiny is my lineage), but I seem to be far less accurate or effective with this.

I appreciate the squad based BR format requires a different approach, but I seem to be unusually poor even in 121 situations.

I seem to be getting worse at this game. Or not improving while everyone else does.

I still really like it, but am getting frustrated with myself. I'm usually a solid player on most shooters (Halo-COD 4-GOW-Destiny is my lineage), but I seem to be far less accurate or effective with this.

I appreciate the squad based BR format requires a different approach, but I seem to be unusually poor even in 121 situations.

I'm a below-average KDR FPS player because I refuse to camp and hard-scope, and my run & gun style of aggressive gameplay tends to get me killed a lot; but I like fast action.

That being said, I REALLY REALLY struggled with this game. I got to level 6 before I got my first single kill, and I found I just couldn't hit ANYONE when I was in a gun fight.

I looked at my controller settings and realized that Respawn (True to their Titanfall history) offers a lot of variable customization with the dual analog input responses.

I spent some time fucking around with the different inputs then finally found a setup that really gelled with what I am used to and suddenly I could hit people with accuracy again, and now I am level 14ish and I have about 40ish kills.

I'm not sure if you're on a console or on PC, but either way the settings can dramatically effect how your control inputs respond. I'll try to remember to take a look at what I settled on and post it here because it was literally a game changer for me.

I'm console (PS4). To be honest, I don't feel like I struggle with the controller setup. I'm quite comfortable with it. My accuracy is just pants. It maybe that I make myself too easy a target for them? Whatever it is, I seem to get dropped far quicker than I drop other folk.

Here's a question for yuz - anyone else get frustrated with the minimap?

I would like there to be an autorotate setting or something, so the direct route to the circle is always pointing straight up.

I actually like how the mini map is static. I just consider it always centered on "North".

Got my first "win" last night. I don't feel great about it though because I was dead and had no kills.

I really enjoy it but fuck me it can be so hard to kill people. I'll have people right in my sights with a good rifle and miss most of the time. And I'm terrible at close range because I refuse to bounce and strafe like a maniac like the good players do.

Anyone feel bangalores rolling thunder is under powered. Or it needs to come down quicker. You can throw it at a squad and they are able to run away easily.

Or is it basically meant to clear people out or block off paths?

Anyone feel bangalores rolling thunder is under powered. Or it needs to come down quicker. You can throw it at a squad and they are able to run away easily.

Or is it basically meant to clear people out or block off paths?
They don't want people picking up cheap kills with abilities.
The idea is you use it to deny a area then kill with gun skill.

(That said I am super awful at this game right now.(

I know what you mean. Remember though that it's team based and 1v1's are supposed to be tough. It's like the stock market, there'll be ups and downs. Improvement will come. It may not come as fast as others or as you'd like, but it will happen.

Yeah I've found that they really have struck a balance encouraging team work for this squad based game...

That translates into "Get used to getting team shot, and if you're running solo, you're pretty much fucked unless you're a halo-jumping, grenade-spamming, twitch-shooting elitist sweat-bag."

The fights are awesome when it's three on three though, and people are trading off and running around and ducking behind cover, etc. I will say that the healing is not balanced with the damage though, IMO. It takes soooooo long to inject a 1/4 health, yet it takes a tenth of a second to get all your shields shot off and your health dropped to 10%. I hope the buff the healing mechanics a bit. (or a lot)

Last edited:
Got my first "win" last night. I don't feel great about it though because I was dead and had no kills.

I really enjoy it but fuck me it can be so hard to kill people. I'll have people right in my sights with a good rifle and miss most of the time. And I'm terrible at close range because I refuse to bounce and strafe like a maniac like the good players do.
Gotta have speed in close range combat. I didn't finally start getting better until I started no scoping people inside buildings and whatnot.

There are some really good players though, usually 20 somethings with great twitch reflexes. 30 somethings like me are always at a disadvantage lol

Gotta have speed in close range combat. I didn't finally start getting better until I started no scoping people inside buildings and whatnot.

There are some really good players though, usually 20 somethings with great twitch reflexes. 30 somethings like me are always at a disadvantage lol

I'll be 50 this year. :(

I'll be 50 this year. :(

3f4c4f7d-47bf-434f-8028-e43e6b042b14_text.gif

Got completely carried to 2nd place by one team member last match. 2 of us died early and he took out their team, then another team. Then sniped some dude on the way to the respawn. I was mighty impressed.His name was BigDexter or something and it was probably spelled entirely with trophies.

Prepare yourselves....

Back