Multiplatform Official Cyberpunk: Phantom Liberty Discussion

Will the PL expansion prove a do-over for the title after widely maligned launch?

• Total voters
Didn’t you also say you really liked the League of Legends anime? Arcane or whatever it was called? Or am I thinking of somebody else? Or was it not anime??

Arcane isn't anime.

Its animation studio is in France, not Japan.

And Arcane's animation is worthy of the millenias-long history of France producing the best art in the world.

Anime is lazy in comparison, and yes that includes Attack On Titan, which I actually respect its animation but Arcane is on a whol'nother level.

Arcane isn't anime.

walter-lebowski-i-did-not-know-that.gif

'Anime' is specific to animation made in Japan.

House moms began referring to anything related to animation as 'anime' because of 90s kids shows like Pokemon.

In short they figured 'anime' was short for animation.

Kids were annoyed they were asking for anime, and their moms got them... not anime.
I was annoyed that everyone was mixing up quality animation with shit animation and calling it all anime.

'Anime' is specific to animation made in Japan.

House moms began referring to anything related to animation as 'anime' because of 90s kids shows like Pokemon.

In short they figured 'anime' was short for animation.

Kids were annoyed they were asking for anime, and their moms got them... not anime.
I was annoyed that everyone was mixing up quality animation with shit animation and calling it all anime.

LOL, no I know what anime is. When I said I didn’t know that Arcane wasn’t anime I meant that I didn’t know because I had never seen any footage or screenshots of it before your post and was just assuming it was likely anime as so many other recent video game to series adaptations like Castlevania or Cyberpunk. I was firmly on my jump to conclusions mat.

EtlD5SXXMAAj05T.jpg

After watching the trailer you posted, yeah I can tell that’s not anime.

LOL, no I know what anime is. When I said I didn’t know that Arcane wasn’t anime I meant that I didn’t know because I had never seen any footage or screenshots of it before your post and was just assuming it was likely anime as so many other recent video game to series adaptations like Castlevania or Cyberpunk. I was firmly on my jump to conclusions mat.

EtlD5SXXMAAj05T.jpg

After watching the trailer you posted, yeah I can tell that’s not anime.

Castlevania actually isn't anime.
Its animation studio is in Texas.
Though its quite obvious its style is inspired by anime.

There's actually quite a few animation studios in Korea that also are anime-like, but avoid the annoying tropes that anime typically has embedded within its genre.

If you haven't seen 'The Witcher Nightmare of The Wolf' on Netflix I recommend it.

OIP.RwizTOPTObUUr6TlPe1lwQHaLH

What endings did you guys get?
She betrayed me and broke my heart. But I still got her to the moon. Seeing Reed’s bullet-riddled body, stumped at its knees as I killed him on the launchpad hurt too, though. Messed me up.

You?

She betrayed me and broke my heart. But I still got her to the moon. Seeing Reed’s bullet-riddled body, stumped at its knees as I killed him on the launchpad hurt too, though. Messed me up.

You?

I turned her ass over to Reed. They cured me but I lost all my powers and some regular punk robbed me and I couldnt even do shit about it

Panam left me. All I want to know if there's an ending that we get back together.

You?

thats the correct choice imo

Dlc was written as song birds struggle for freedom from goverments slavery, yea she betrays you but its not out of spite

Vs story is storming arisaka with johnny and becoming a NC legend even if he ends up dying, thats literally his goal at start of the game "live hard die young become a legend"

Or this is the pucture in my head lol

By the way nice ghost in the shell reference in dlc

Last edited:
Just found out there's a new secret ending depending on who you choose to betray in Phantom Liberty then you go do the main quest in regular Cyberpunk where you gotta meet with Hanako. You get more choices on what to do.

I turned her ass over to Reed. They cured me but I lost all my powers and some regular punk robbed me and I couldnt even do shit about it

Panam left me. All I want to know if there's an ending that we get back together.

Same ending I got.

I turned her over to Reed as well, I couldn't abide by her last betrayal.

Man what a gut punch that was, probably the most depressing ending I've ever seen in a game.

The talk with Johnny on the flying car, going to see Victor and he was a shell of a man, Panam disowning you. Couldn't stop thinking about it for hours lol.

Such a great game though, glad I finally played it.

Cyberpunks version of a bond theme song

I have the game on my gaming laptop. Laptops aren’t exactly known for top of the line cooling. I don’t want to fry my system for this game.

<Prem974>
Do you have amd or intel cpu? You can undervolt or disable turbo boost depending on which cpu you have and your temps will drop 20 degrees. I'm running cyberpunk at 60 degrees with no performance drop.

Do you have amd or intel cpu? You can undervolt or disable turbo boost depending on which cpu you have and your temps will drop 20 degrees. I'm running cyberpunk at 60 degrees with no performance drop.

Intel i7-12700 is my cpu.

Alright game finished, small review,

i was level 60 samurai build when started main story, basically god lol

Good

-city looks awesome and enviroment in general , very good atmosphere

-combat is solid imo

-writing generally good, some dumb parts but nothing too bad

DLC was awesome

No bugs for me

Bad

-no variety in side activities, everything is basically go here and shoot, i would have liked if gangs have their own questlines like in new vegas for example

-your choices dont affect much, not good for game that at time was said to be rpg where choices mattered (they addressed this a little bit in dlc )

-certain quests were bore and waste of time

Overall i liked the game, can be considered good or very good imo but just needs more different activities for sequel and stuff to do to be great

(Conserning the plot in sequel , Dlc pretty much confirmed what it will be about i think)

Glad they didnt give up on the game, nowadays people seem to have mostly positive opinions about the game from what i see and its good example for other studios

Last edited:
I started a new game, female nomad, Tech and Intelligence build, PL was a great story. Going to take the flight from the Esoterica to see that ending and then play through the rest of the base game to see what options come up as well.
It is definitely improved from when I bought it back in February. Shame we never got this until 3 years after launch.

I'm really loving the updates. I'm glad I only played this once, and sort of rushed through it. I'm seeing many new things, and I haven't even started the expansion.

It's finally living up to the promise it always showed. I also restarted Edge Runners, as I only watched a few episodes prior, amazing! It's been a Cyberpunk frenzy.

I basically had three starting points with this game.

My first was when it launched. It was playable enough on PC but riddled with bugs, game and mainly immersion breaking, so I stopped.

After patch 1.3 (or whatever their first big breakthrough patch was) I restarted and played to completion. I really enjoyed it, but it still had numerous immersion breaking bugs. I always felt like I was walking on thin ice, wondering what bug would appear next, so it prevented me from fully losing myself in the world. It's hard to describe, but it felt kind of hollow, like it had poor mass or something. The skill system was a mess too.

Now, on a second new playthrough (Corpo this time) it feels whole. Along with the anime, I am totally immersed in the world, able to soak in all the details, and feeling like a NC denizen. I never noticed before, but Edge Runners using tunes from the game's radio station, and brings in some characters, it's so cool!

The revamped skill/implant system feels much more meaty, and it's cleaner to navigate. Again, I rushed through the main story and bigger side quest missions on my first playthrough, so I'm finding lots of jobs/gigs I never saw before. There's a bit of repetition there of course, but I really like the Cyberpsycho gigs. They are more fun than the bosses. I feel like they added more things to the world too, outside improved police systems, it doesn't feel as static.

Anyway, I'm probably 2/3 of the way through now, and having a blast. I always loved the writing, and how gorgeous the graphics were, but now they are complemented with all the improvements and fixes. I'm about to jump into Phantom Liberty, really looking forward to that!

I'm more excited for a Cyberpunk sequel than Witcher 4. Now that they have so much experience in this genre, I'm sure they'll deliver something special whenever they make it.

Instead of adding to my mini novel above, I just wanted to mention how much I love the lore in this world.

I knew a bit of it from the 2020 tabletop game, but thanks to the game/ anime popularity, there are tons of great lore videos I've been gobbling up youtube. I love reading all the lore bits throughout tje game too. I didnt do much of that tje first time either.

CDPR was wise to set the game so in the future. With the creator Mike Pondsmith, they've added so much to its already fleshed out universe. Like the scratched up vehicles and talks of old clone wars in the original star wars trilogy, it makes the world feel alive and lived in.

The Blackwall Netwatch set up to help contain all the rogue AI and viruses in the old net gives that realm a strong Lovecraftian vibe. It's like the warp for Warhammer 40K, where powerful entities, horrific and even friendly, are doing fheir own thing. It really tickles the imagination, and gives them a great tool for storytelling.

I just heard that the studio behind True Detective is behind a live Cyberpunk adaptation, wtf!! I love this world.

This channel is constantly putting out banger after bamger, lore wise.

I'm a couple of hours into Phantom Liberty, fucking fantastic! What was Dogtown like before the expansion? Was it walled off?

I never care about celeb integration into video games, it's always voice talent first. However, I've been a huge fan of Keanu Reeves since Johnny Mnemonic, so it was cool to see him in a Cyberpunk game, but I didn't feel he was a great cast for Silverhand at first. He grew on me and I like him even more in my second full go around.

I gotta tell ya though, rolling with Stringer Bell is just too fucking awesome. I love Idris in Luther. It's an underappreciated gem of a series, and one of my all time favs. Def watch that before the movie, though you can skip the latter. Him being kind of like that here makes it so fun. They captured his coolness well.
Idris.jpg

I really like the President and Songbird characters so far too. I hear the story delves further beyond the blackwall. It's one of the most intriguing aspects of the lore, can't wait to see how this plays out!

It's nice to see CDPR really rebound here. There was nothing like Witcher 3, and now we can say the same for Cyberpunk, without a bunch of asterisks. I'm now at a point where I can go back to the rest of Night City areas, as I have so much yet to do there, namely some unfinished business...
Panam.jpg

Back