No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Gonna be off work for a few days during the early access so they got me for the deluxe edition.

View attachment 985058

Yeah man, had that locked in right before the server slam.

Wait. Who all is in the ATC?

1107981.jpg

I don't know how many of y'all I can associate with.

Last edited:
Definitely necro always my go to in rpg if in or anything to do with magic
I'm always melee. Everytime I try to go mage I end up as a weak melee build. I thought Druid may bridge the gap a little. I got bored with barbarian in D3 and downright hated my build as a Paladin (hammerdin) in D2.

this guy seemed to have laid everything out perfectly

curious to see what the people will be saying about the endgame stuff later on this morning when the embargo gets lifted. theres gonna be a shit tonne of new reviews and videos pumped out delving deeper into the nightmare dungeons and pinnacle boss and stuff.

Last edited:

this guy seemed to have laid everything out perfectly

curious to see what the people will be saying about the endgame stuff later on this morning when the embargo gets lifted. theres gonna be a shit tonne of new reviews and videos pumped out delving deeper into the nightmare dungeons and pinnacle boss and stuff.

I wish there was a way for me to tell youtube to not give me videos on _____ topic. I'm afraid to click on that because if I do I'll get a bunch of recommendations with the final boss in the fucking thumbnail

As someone who's played thousands of hours of D2:LOD and put it up there as the best game ever - including being top10 PVP Smiter in the EU non-ladder realm, I am very much looking forward to D4.

D3 was a terrible disappointment and Blizzard soured a lot of fans in the last decade, however everything I've seen on D4 has restored the faith. It's fresh, yet the devs seem to understand the core of what made D2 a great game. No pay-to-win and the active listening and communicating with the community is a big plus.

It sucks that I have issues with my eyes looking at screens now after several concussions, but I will for sure buy it and play as much as I can. Rogue first - Hybrid Assassin was my fav D2 char, then Druid, then Barb, then Necro, Then Sorc. Long time since I've been hyped for a game.

hamster-soon.gif

As someone who's played thousands of hours of D2:LOD and put it up there as the best game ever - including being top10 PVP Smiter in the EU non-ladder realm, I am very much looking forward to D4.

D3 was a terrible disappointment and Blizzard soured a lot of fans in the last decade, however everything I've seen on D4 has restored the faith. It's fresh, yet the devs seem to understand the core of what made D2 a great game. No pay-to-win and the active listening and communicating with the community is a big plus.

It sucks that I have issues with my eyes looking at screens now after several concussions, but I will for sure buy it and play as much as I can. Rogue first - Hybrid Assassin was my fav D2 char, then Druid, then Barb, then Necro, Then Sorc. Long time since I've been hyped for a game.

hamster-soon.gif
Diablo II was utterly amazing. DIII was one of the greatest disappointments I experienced and the confirmation to me that Blizz was essentially dead.

After playing the beta of this, it has the potential to restore my faith. I'm a little worried after the whole Overwatch 2 debacle but we'll see

Diablo II was utterly amazing. DIII was one of the greatest disappointments I experienced and the confirmation to me that Blizz was essentially dead.

After playing the beta of this, it has the potential to restore my faith. I'm a little worried after the whole Overwatch 2 debacle but we'll see
Yeah that was the general consensus I was getting from the beta players. Considering you are a big D2 fan and thought similarly of D3 as I did, it sounds promising.

hamster-soon.gif

Rogue was very strong in open beta, I'll probably level either rogue or druid first.

Werewolf druid was working pretty well once I realized that storm strike was a better builder attack than claw for the werewolf build.

I'm hoping the scaling works out so that lightning werewolf with storm wolf or werewolf companions is a good end game build.

Rogue was very strong in open beta, I'll probably level either rogue or druid first.

Werewolf druid was working pretty well once I realized that storm strike was a better builder attack than claw for the werewolf build.

I'm hoping the scaling works out so that lightning werewolf with storm wolf or werewolf companions is a good end game build.
Nice to hear. I'm not really worrying that much about scaling for now as I prefer theorycrafting and making fun builds rather than having the most OP cookie cutter char. Otherwise I would just play Sorc or Necro, although I'll prob create a few to farm late game.

Favourite chars in D2 were hybrid assa, rabies werewolf/fast attack werebear, WW/throw barb and paladin smiter/auradin. Haven't played the D4 beta, nor followed the meta, so looking forward to diving into it as well as seeing how the PvP scene develops. Lots of fun ahead.

Rhykker has his review up. Pretty good overall. Says it releases with more launch content than any ARPG in history

His biggest cons are:

Might be too slow for some ARPG fans.
Itemization isnt as interesting as some ARPGs
Some classes at low level arent as good as others
Progression can feel slow for said classes
Not everyone is gonna like the forced multiplayer aspects (world bosses, etc)

Pros are:
Basically everything technical. Graphics, sound, etc.
Strong campaign
Game isnt mindless
Tons of content on release
Lots of side content
Lots of replayability
Classes have multiple playstyles

Last edited:
Back