No Spoilers Official Diablo IV Discussion

What char class are you (or planning on) maining?

• Total voters
Don't know much about damage multipliers but surely having this heart 3 times in your jerewerly will help the nerfs
Tempting Fate

You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.

Could be 180% increase to crit damage what seems huge

QQ: Everyone is talking about 'rolls'. Does that just mean the stats that the item comes with or are people changing the aspects (affixes?) on every item by going to the jeweler? I haven't really messed with that mechanic.

QQ: Everyone is talking about 'rolls'. Does that just mean the stats that the item comes with or are people changing the aspects (affixes?) on every item by going to the jeweler? I haven't really messed with that mechanic.

It means you can re-roll a passive at the Occultist.

So for instance, you have a rare with 4 passives:
1. CDR reduction 4.5%
2. Vulnerable Damage 25%
3. Damage to distant enemies 18%
4. Damage to bleeding enemies 20%

If you're a Barb, you really don't want number 3. You want Damage to Close Enemies or Damage to Crowd Controlled Enemies. So you go to the Occultist and re-roll that passive. The more you do it, the more expensive it becomes. I always look over my rares to see if I get better stats than what I'm holding because I can re-roll them into something better and add an aspect and turn it into a legendary.

Forgot to mention, I believe re-rolling costs more if you upgrade your item at the Blacksmith. So if you want to re-roll, do it before any upgrades. In fact, do everything to the item prior to any upgrades.

Last edited:
Just did my first helltide and nightmares post nerf and HOLY SHIT...

Helltides
- I went from an absolute monster, farming 4-5 mystery chests per helltide to scraping in, two of them by the skin of my balls.
- There appear to be way more mobs and higher level, like huge bloody packs and you aggro multiple packs really easily. This would be great for farming except the next point.
- They barely drop any of the embers (or whatever the currency is called) You can pull multiple groups of about 20, smash them all and get two lousy embers. It's bullshit and barely worth stopping to kill mobs, even larger ones.
- Best to just ride from event to event as before, ignore the mobs no matter how big and juicy looking. Very few people seemed keen to try and solo the events and were waiting around for others to get there before starting. Makes me wonder if others were nerfed the same or worse... maybe they were just noobs that were dying a heap /shrugs
- I ran into the assassin just before handing in 250 embers for a mystery chest and thought... um, no idea how this is going to go post nerf so I avoided till after cashing in and then went hunting out of curiosity, I popped bone storm and threw a bunch of bone spears at him expecting him to go down. I went out of mana and he was still on 70% health... shit :eek:
- I still do reasonable damage but seem even squishier than before, can still solo the events easily but nowhere as easily as previously.
- Here is the bit I found super interesting... I think Blizzard fucked up. I kept seeing <player> was killed by X, <player> was killed by X, <player> was killed by X... I mean A LOT. Bodies were dropping in that area left and right. If your average player just keeps getting stomped every time they try and do a helltide, they just won't do it anymore.
- I am able to handle the helltide just fine but given the MASSIVE drop in rewards for farming them and the increased difficulty, it makes me wonder if it's even worth doing them over nightmare dungeons.

- The two biggest damage mechanics for Necro have been nerfed a solid 40%, hell they even nerfed the potions FFS. I'm still doing fine but I just hit lvl 90 and I'd say that I have an average item level of just over 800... but damn, based on what I have seen people were seriously struggling post nerf.

There is going to be some serious butthurt online over the next couple of days when players realise they aren't as good as they thought they were, post brutal beating to the kneecaps with the nerf baseball bat.

It's 23:00, will discuss more tomorrow.

I ran Helltides last night and experienced the same thing. Not only did I feel like there was more monster density, but the Cinders hardly fell. I got melted once but I was in the area for quite a while and hardly picked up any. Dev's report it's a bug but I question that.

In college I was a server for a while and if I made a mistake I would always tell the customer it was my first day. Sounds awfully similar.

Just did my first helltide and nightmares post nerf and HOLY SHIT...

Helltides
- I went from an absolute monster, farming 4-5 mystery chests per helltide to scraping in, two of them by the skin of my balls.
- There appear to be way more mobs and higher level, like huge bloody packs and you aggro multiple packs really easily. This would be great for farming except the next point.
- They barely drop any of the embers (or whatever the currency is called) You can pull multiple groups of about 20, smash them all and get two lousy embers. It's bullshit and barely worth stopping to kill mobs, even larger ones.
- Best to just ride from event to event as before, ignore the mobs no matter how big and juicy looking. Very few people seemed keen to try and solo the events and were waiting around for others to get there before starting. Makes me wonder if others were nerfed the same or worse... maybe they were just noobs that were dying a heap /shrugs
- I ran into the assassin just before handing in 250 embers for a mystery chest and thought... um, no idea how this is going to go post nerf so I avoided till after cashing in and then went hunting out of curiosity, I popped bone storm and threw a bunch of bone spears at him expecting him to go down. I went out of mana and he was still on 70% health... shit :eek:
- I still do reasonable damage but seem even squishier than before, can still solo the events easily but nowhere as easily as previously.
- Here is the bit I found super interesting... I think Blizzard fucked up. I kept seeing <player> was killed by X, <player> was killed by X, <player> was killed by X... I mean A LOT. Bodies were dropping in that area left and right. If your average player just keeps getting stomped every time they try and do a helltide, they just won't do it anymore.
- I am able to handle the helltide just fine but given the MASSIVE drop in rewards for farming them and the increased difficulty, it makes me wonder if it's even worth doing them over nightmare dungeons.

- The two biggest damage mechanics for Necro have been nerfed a solid 40%, hell they even nerfed the potions FFS. I'm still doing fine but I just hit lvl 90 and I'd say that I have an average item level of just over 800... but damn, based on what I have seen people were seriously struggling post nerf.

There is going to be some serious butthurt online over the next couple of days when players realise they aren't as good as they thought they were, post brutal beating to the kneecaps with the nerf baseball bat.

It's 23:00, will discuss more tomorrow.

I ran Helltides last night and experienced the same thing. Not only did I feel like there was more monster density, but the Cinders hardly fell. I got melted once but I was in the area for quite a while and hardly picked up any. Dev's report it's a bug but I question that.

In college I was a server for a while and if I made a mistake I would always tell the customer it was my first day. Sounds awfully similar.

Blizzard hq right now

tears-licked.gif

Don't know much about damage multipliers but surely having this heart 3 times in your jerewerly will help the nerfs
Tempting Fate

You gain 40-60% Critical Strike Damage but your Non-Critical Strikes deal 20-15% less damage.

Could be 180% increase to crit damage what seems huge

Yeah but fucking over the main realm that many will still be playing in so you can give the power back to characters that are playing season 1 seems a bit shortsighted.

Also dropping the crit chance potion from 20% to 15% is BS and made me sad :-(

Yeah, I think I've changed the aspect on every single item on my character. Screw just taking whatever junk enchant is on a piece of kit.

Bug my ass... they said they wanted to make it more challenging. Sure, but they are on the verge of making it pointless to even complete, which is a shame as it's a good idea and fun event.

They need to give us a reason to even stop at these large packs rather than just bypass them.

Did you notice a whole load more player killed messages as well?

Blizzard hq right now

tears-licked.gif

Seems that way. They had to know that they were going to piss off a whole lot of people by doing this. There will be many casuals not interested in starting new characters and playing the season.

Seems that way. They had to know that they were going to piss off a whole lot of people by doing this. There will be many casuals not interested in starting new characters and playing the season.
I remember reading somewhere someone from Blizzard was responding to fan requests for more stash space. They said they were working on the optimal solution.

By that, I suppose they meant they realized people were getting a lot of good gear they liked, so they went ahead and nerfed the lootfest that the helltides were.

WANT MORE SPACE? SURE, WE'LL GIVE YOU LESS TO STORE!

Diablo fans: Why would you do that???

Blizzard

they-seeme-trollin-troll.gif

Last edited:
I remember reading somewhere someone from Blizzard was responding to fan requests for more stash space. They said they were working on the optimal solution.

By that, I suppose they meant they realized people were getting a lot of good gear they liked, so they went ahead and nerfed the lootfest that the helltides were.

Blizzard

I must admit, initially I did find it funny, the amount of people that were getting owned in the first helltide that I played post nerf but hardly a way for blizzard to make people want to do the event.

If their plan was to smash people with a heavy-handed beating with the nerf stick then make them more powerful again with stuff in season 1, it really fucks over people not playing the season.

I'm trying to plow through the main story so I can get a horse. I want to get all the shrines before I start a season character.

I must admit, initially I did find it funny, the amount of people that were getting owned in the first helltide that I played post nerf but hardly a way for blizzard to make people want to do the event.

If their plan was to smash people with a heavy-handed beating with the nerf stick then make them more powerful again with stuff in season 1, it really fucks over people not playing the season.

I hear you

Yesterday I played a World Boss event- in a post I made earlier in this thread I mentioned world bosses were laughable when teaming up with groups with characters in the 80-90+ level range as it would go down in seconds.

That was NOT the case yesterday. Several guys in the event died repeatedly. I played strategically, set up traps before the event even started so that when it spawned it ran into my traps and I already had more traps ready to be placed. Hop in, drop a trap near the boss, hop out and hit it with my ranged attacks. I didn't die but I did get down to only 3 potions left at one point. I was a team player and revived the guys who went down.

It eventually went down but it did take longer than it would pre-nerf.

I suppose what I am trying to say is- Rogues are the best.

Livestream ‘Campfire Chat’ tomorrow with Blizzard directors about patch backlash. Confirmed and reported by IGN here.

Not touching Diablo 4 until they walk back some, if not most, of the dumb changes they implemented.

I've not once thought, "Man, I wish this game was more of a grind, I'd really love that.", while playing the game. Hell, I've already been playing it less and less because "end game" is already a fucking slog. I think I'm 86 and it's just kinda boring for the most part... Now the devs decided to make it worse? No thanks. Was looking forward to season 1 too.

The story was pretty good until towards the end, and it seems like a lot of the changes were made based off of numbers/spreadsheet data and not actual gameplay/mechanics. It's just ridiculous.

Blizzard

"lootfest" isn't a word I'd use to describe any version of the Helltides. All I've ever received out of any of the chests, including the mystery chests, was vendor garbage.

Weird how there's changes blatantly, and purposefully, included in the patch notes that the devs are now saying are "bugs".

Dev makes changes.
Change upsets people.
Dev claims is bug.
Fireside chat after PR talk.

Weird how there's changes blatantly, and purposefully, included in the patch notes that the devs are now saying are "bugs".

Dev makes changes.
Change upsets people.
Dev claims is bug.
Fireside chat after PR talk.
Fireside chat will probably go something like

Just kidding, LOL

and we all immediately get reverted back to the older version.

And then I'll whine about necromancers being too powerful again

Ive not played for a few weeks, but after seeing the patch notes I just uninstalled. Sorcerers are completely gutted and across the board nerfs to damage, xp, survivability and items is a bridge too far.

Slowing the game down doesn't fix the fact there is still nothing to do but spam helltides and nightmare dungeons for 60 levels, and if you couldn't do T60+ content without getting one shotted before you're in an even worse place now.

Back