Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

Oh, and on that whole dragon thing, I couldn't even run away from the dick. I thought to myself, hey he's kicking my ass, run away. NOPE, motherfucker followed me out of the valley and into the woods/overhang I was trying to hide in. Cunt.

May the dragon heralding commence.

200w.gif

Just bought this after realising daddy needs a good adventure in his life right now. I think I was a strider or ranger in the original but it's been years so scantly recall; going to create char tonight.

See you out there, Arisens.

May the dragon heralding commence.

200w.gif

Just bought this after realising daddy needs a good adventure in his life right now. I think I was a strider or ranger in the original but it's been years so scantly recall; going to create char tonight.

See you out there, Arisens.
Acher is a real fun class. I just switched to Mystic Spearhand earlier today and I'm loving it. Even though I have zero clue what I'm doing with it.

Edit: I will say climbing on an Ogre and stabbing the crap outta it was a shit ton of fun.

So today I...

Found the Cave at the end of the world.

Found the Sphinx and ran away like a little bitch.

Wandered in circles in the Misty Mountain whatever they call it.

Somehow found a fucking Griffon's nest and had a battle that went from morning into the night (game time). Even more amazing is I actually beat it.

Became a Mystic Spearhand.

Walked on top of the Collums leading outside of the 1st big city and found a cave at the end of it.

Avoided dragons at all costs.

I highly recommend getting a level in both fighter and mage. Their level 2 augment is a 30% increase in defense and magic defense respectively. And if doesn't take long at all.

If you're playing an archer also grab thief level 2 subtlety, makes enemies less likely to target you.
Sounds good.

Maining archer, yeah, but only aug I’m running is Mettle from having ranked fighter a bit. Need step my game up.

Originally classed thief and while I loved kindling blades, combat felt too button-mash for me. Archer has given me that epic adventure headspace I think complements the slower game pace well.

Found something last night called Tiger Eye. Know what I do with it?

Sounds good.

Maining archer, yeah, but only aug I’m running is Mettle from having ranked fighter a bit. Need step my game up.

Originally classed thief and while I loved kindling blades, combat felt too button-mash for me. Archer has given me that epic adventure headspace I think complements the slower game pace well.

I have that too, just been sitting in my inventory. I think it sells for more when you visit the elves but I haven't been there yet.

Sounds good.

Archer has always been my go to class. I'm currently trying out Mystic Spearhand, but I'm not liking it nearly as much as I had hoped I would. The button mash comment fits it perfectly so far.

I have that too, just been sitting in my inventory. I think it sells for more when you visit the elves but I haven't been there yet.
Tiger eye is just a jewel you can sell or you can it give away to increase your inclination with people.

I hope with all the negative coverage, it goes on sale soon

Tiger eye is just a jewel you can sell or you can it give away to increase your inclination with people.

If you read the description it says it's rare in a specific city, like Onyx and Jasper. So if you wait until you are in that place it will sell more.

I havent tried giving it as a gift but I wonder if it does more if the NPC lives in the town where its more expensive.

I'm having the time of my life with this, TBH. About 25h in.

Full transparency: Was not feeling this at purchase and regretted picking it over Rise of Ronin.

What changed for me was attitude. Playing when calm alleviates the frustrating lack of fast travel + hogtying stam management when sprinting in freeroam, which in an open-world game was a bad carryover from the original, IMO. As is, I leisurely make my way to my own waypoints and enjoy the vistas.

I feel loyal to Archer but changed vocation up over weekend to unlock some much-needed augs. Good advice from blase on Thief's subtlety, amongst others, have me feeling strong. Before subtlety, for example, some minotaurs would F my char up if I couldn't exploit immediate enviro like rock outcrops, tree trunks, what have you. Now I have more breathing room.

Highlight of the journey for me so far was discovering the Nameless Village. No spoilers but there's some eerily good VA from NPC inhabitants – one in particular named Sriel, iirc; I got gooseflesh with his delivery of lines in tandem with the esoteric milieu and such. Heaps of dialogue in this is verbose but everything in that part was just right and I felt then and there the sequel had officially won me over.

Nameless village was a great eye opener to actually listen to your pawns about ladders and them not being where you would expect them.

I'm waiting until it goes on sale as the Taxman reaped this year. :( But, I've been playing my copy of DD1 and I've been playing my Strider character.

I'm waiting until it goes on sale as the Taxman reaped this year. :( But, I've been playing my copy of DD1 and I've been playing my Strider character.
I remember being a Strider in the original. Nice! You’ve got many a forest and foe awaiting you with this one.

How do I use the grimoires (spellbooks)? I remember them from the original but not how to conjure via one as a non-mage; they appear inaccessible from my inventory.

Also, how do I customise my quick-slot items?

Worth buying full price? I’m worried I won’t enjoy it as much as I did the first one. I became obsessed with the entire souls series since then and that may have ruined this for me.

How do I use the grimoires (spellbooks)? I remember them from the original but not how to conjure via one as a non-mage; they appear inaccessible from my inventory.

Also, how do I customise my quick-slot items?
Best way to use the Grimoires is to give them as gifts to pawns. :)

No idea on the second part since I'm on consol.

Worth buying full price? I’m worried I won’t enjoy it as much as I did the first one. I became obsessed with the entire souls series since then and that may have ruined this for me.
I'm having a blast, but never played the first one so it is all new to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back