Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

I'm all in on this. Just preordered at Best Buy to get the free steelcase.

I'm surprised this game isn't getting more attention here. DD2 looks incredible and very promising.

The original DD is on sale everywhere and is very good right from the start! Give that a look.

Give it some time.

Yeah think I'm getting this over Rise Of The Ronin
Other way around for me, the uncapped fps killed the hype. Averaging between 25 and low 30s is unacceptable. It’s not even as beautiful as games like Horizon. Maybe this will be worth getting once they put out a ps5 pro. Rise of the ronin has performance mode at least and it will be super fluid

Reddit is cancer but here's a nice compilation of all the previews that dropped.

Hype meter - stratosphere. 🤯

My day's productivity was completely shot to shit when you posted this. Thanks lol.

Last edited:
I'm surprised this game isn't getting more attention here. DD2 looks incredible and very promising.

The original DD is on sale everywhere and is very good right from the start! Give that a look.
I'm excited for it, but I'm waiting for reviews before letting myself get carried away. I liked the first game a bit, but never cared to finish. It always felt like it was missing something. I thought the graphics were ass too. I really hated era of brown/Grey bleh.

I'm happy that sequel is running on the Re engine. Even with annoying Denuvo every modern Resi game ran great for me. Hopefully this plays well on the Steam Deck too!

If anyone was wondering, the character creator demo dropped last night.

Other way around for me, the uncapped fps killed the hype. Averaging between 25 and low 30s is unacceptable. It’s not even as beautiful as games like Horizon. Maybe this will be worth getting once they put out a ps5 pro. Rise of the ronin has performance mode at least and it will be super fluid

Just learning this, disappointing news. I'm actually replaying Bloodborne and getting used to the frame rate again was rough for the first few hours.

Maybe if I go straight to it from Bloodborne it won't be an issue lol.

I don't understand why they aren't using lower resolutions/performance mode. Is the game running at 1440p and lower and just upscaling already? Uncapped 30 to whatever is prob going to be a mess. There's a lot going on in the game, especially destructible environments with large enemies. They'd be better locking it at 30 on consoles.

Does the PS5/Xbox not support DLSS or FSR?

If anyone was wondering, the character creator demo dropped last night.
Yes, I'm quoting myself.

So I messed around with this for hours last night. This thing is great. You can currently create up to 5 main characters, and 5 pawns and save them. Then when the game releases you're able to just transfer them over. I know for me, character creation takes forever since I'm constantly fiddling with how they look. Now I can have all that done beforehand and jump right into the game.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the voices. Wish they had some more, and more varied options.

Elden Ring's Melina and BG3 Lae'zel on point:

The character creator for Dragon's Dogma 2 has been the best advertisement for the game

Elden Ring's Melina and BG3 Lae'zel on point:

The character creator for Dragon's Dogma 2 has been the best advertisement for the game

It's pretty freaking great. With tattoos being able to be moved around you can do some wild shit.

Does the PS5/Xbox not support DLSS or FSR?

It has FSR support as it's AMD based (same as the Xboxes) but it depends on the Dev if they want to implement it or not (usually FSR 1 so far not much of FSR 2 implementations yet)

Otherwise some studios already have some sort of Temporal Aliasing built into their own engines like Insomniac does

Back