Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the voices. Wish they had some more, and more varied options.

That's unfortunate since that was the main problem with the character creator in the first game. They only had 2 voices and a few versions pitched up and down which all sounded horrible.

I loved the option to change height and size, I don't think I've ever seen that in an RPG before.

Holy shit... look at how they're trying to avoid outright saying its 30FPS.

"Can make 30FPS look smoother.'

'Can appear to be 60FPS.'

Ummm.... no.
Don't bullshit us.
Its either 60FPS or its not 60FPS.
And if its not 60FPS then I'm not untreated until there's an update to make it a consistent 60FPS @ 1440P.

Freaking Doom Eternal has 30FPS, 60FPS, and even 120FPS modes depending on the resolution.

Never even heard of the first one but it looks promising. Gonna wait for the reviews though. Learned my lesson with Pre-orders.

So got my Arisen and main pawn ready to die repeatedly while I figure out what the hell I'm doing. Only 2 days to go until launch.

Reviews are good but I think the goty talk will slowly die down now since it’s not going to hit 90. Negatives seem to be enemy variety, performance , annoying dialogue, some bad quests , and it’s more of a remake than a sequel. The enemy variety is the big one for me, even I noticed they were using the same monsters over and over again.

Reviews are good but I think the goty talk will slowly die down now since it’s not going to hit 90. Negatives seem to be enemy variety, performance , annoying dialogue, some bad quests , and it’s more of a remake than a sequel. The enemy variety is the big one for me, even I noticed they were using the same monsters over and over again.
I watched Angry Cowboy's review and it looked like there was a decent number of enemies on a list he had (I'm somewhat more laid back about this kind of stuff vs some though). I just want random encounters that you didn't get in BG3 or Elden Ring.

I'm fine with it being a quasi remake. The first game always felt dated anyway lol. The only thing I'm concerned with is performance, pc wise. I've been burned too often lately with stuttering and wild framerates.

I'm trying to sort through reviews to get an idea of where it might land for me, but every PC reviewer I watched was doing it on a 4090, or a 4080. Most people don't have those cards.

Anyone see a review with "required" specs.?

I love this series, but I'm going to wait for a price drop because I'm stingy. :)

I love this series, but I'm going to wait for a price drop because I'm stingy. :)

There is a thread for this, that I seem to be the only one posting on lol.

Already pre-ordered and my Arisen and main pawn created and ready to go.

And die.

A lot.

There is a thread for this, that I seem to be the only one posting on lol.

Already pre-ordered and my Arisen and main pawn created and ready to go.

And die.

A lot.

I didn't know about that! I'm headed there. Thanks! :)

Some reviews and performance metrics to incl. fast travel, whose access was something developers intentionally designed down to promote traversal:

10 - RPG Site
10 - Twinfinite
10 - GamingBolt
10 - TheSixthAxis
5/5 - VGC
5/5 - VG247
5/5 - Dexerto
5/5 - Eurogamer
9.5 - PSU
9.5 - MP1st
9 - PSX Brasil
9 - Gamespot
9 - Shacknews
8.5 - TechRaptor

8 - IGN

Dragon's Dogma 2

🔵PlayStation 5 much better image quality
Shadows, draw distance, foliage...

🟢Similar FPS, Xbox Series X sometimes 1-2 frame higher
But in the city area (heavy on CPU & data streaming) PS5 up to 8 frames ahead

⚪️Even best PCs don't hold 60fps and drop to 30s

Xbox always lags behind PS5 in fast traversal

CyberPunk 2027 👇, Hogwarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate 3 (act 3 city), Witcher 3, Avatar FoP, Unreal Engine 5 Matrix demo,...

Same test in all these games show PS5 with noticeable FPS advantage

This has a mostly negative on Steam atm lol

The issues seem to be with microtransactions and performance.

Regarding MT's, which include things like paying to customize your character, or getting fast ravel items, are lazy cash grabs, but you do earn them in game, which most people don't seem to know. From what I recall in DD1, you had a limit on fast travel items, so I hope the MT isn't an extra you can't earn in game.

A buddy of mine who has similar specs to me (3080 and 12600k) said his performance was solid, but he got some frame drops in the first big city you go to, nothing major though.

I went ahead an bought it and have played for about two hours now. I'm just about to go to that first major city, so I can't speak about that. What I have played has been smooth.

One suggestion I was given before starting, was setting the DD2.exe to a high priority in the taskbar, along with setting the shader cache size to unlimited in Nvidia's settings. I don't know if that had any effect, but I'm not experiencing any issues so far. There's a big boss battle right off the bat, and it was butter smooth for me

I capped my frames to 60FPS, running 3440 by 1440p, most things on high with DLSS at quality. I can list my exact settings if anyone with a similar set up is having issues and wants to know.

So far it's pretty freaking awesome! The world is gorgeous and gameplay is really fun. The NPC's are just as insane as the first (a good thing), but it feels like a real world this time. The verticality makes the scenery stunning.

I'm so glad I messed around with the character creator for my character and main pawn first, I highly suggest you do that.

Some reviews and performance metrics to incl. fast travel, whose access was something developers intentionally designed down to promote traversal:

10 - RPG Site
10 - Twinfinite
10 - GamingBolt
10 - TheSixthAxis
5/5 - VGC
5/5 - VG247
5/5 - Dexerto
5/5 - Eurogamer
9.5 - PSU
9.5 - MP1st
9 - PSX Brasil
9 - Gamespot
9 - Shacknews
8.5 - TechRaptor

8 - IGN

Dragon's Dogma 2

🔵PlayStation 5 much better image quality
Shadows, draw distance, foliage...

🟢Similar FPS, Xbox Series X sometimes 1-2 frame higher
But in the city area (heavy on CPU & data streaming) PS5 up to 8 frames ahead

⚪️Even best PCs don't hold 60fps and drop to 30s

Xbox always lags behind PS5 in fast traversal

CyberPunk 2027 👇, Hogwarts Legacy, Baldur's Gate 3 (act 3 city), Witcher 3, Avatar FoP, Unreal Engine 5 Matrix demo,...
Same test in all these games show PS5 with noticeable FPS advantage

But I was told Xbox Series X was clearly more powerful than PS5

Anyway I don't really care. If anything I'll get it on PC- much later. I have a gigantic backlog at the moment so I'm in no rush. I'm sure it'll get updated and patch over the next year or so.

This has a mostly negative on Steam atm lol

The issues seem to be with microtransactions and performance.

Regarding MT's, which include things like paying to customize your character, or getting fast ravel items, are lazy cash grabs, but you do earn them in game, which most people don't seem to know. From what I recall in DD1, you had a limit on fast travel items, so I hope the MT isn't an extra you can't earn in game.

A buddy of mine who has similar specs to me (3080 and 12600k) said his performance was solid, but he got some frame drops in the first big city you go to, nothing major though.

I went ahead an bought it and have played for about two hours now. I'm just about to go to that first major city, so I can't speak about that. What I have played has been smooth.

One suggestion I was given before starting, was setting the DD2.exe to a high priority in the taskbar, along with setting the shader cache size to unlimited in Nvidia's settings. I don't know if that had any effect, but I'm not experiencing any issues so far. There's a big boss battle right off the bat, and it was butter smooth for me

I capped my frames to 60FPS, running 3440 by 1440p, most things on high with DLSS at quality. I can list my exact settings if anyone with a similar set up is having issues and wants to know.

So far it's pretty freaking awesome! The world is gorgeous and gameplay is really fun. The NPC's are just as insane as the first (a good thing), but it feels like a real world this time. The verticality makes the scenery stunning.

I'm so glad I messed around with the character creator for my character and main pawn first, I highly suggest you do that.
The microtransactions thing to me is hilarious. It's the same shit you got if, like me, you purchased the deluxe edition but just pieced out. People are stupid.

I'm on PS5, so it'll be interesting to see how it runs and the graphics. I'm not a big FPS snob so as long as it runs fairly smooth and doesn't look too much like a pong game, I'll probably be happy.

I 100% agree on the character creator. I messed around with that thing for way too many hours creating my Arisen and Pawn.

If you need a Beastin 24/7 fighter as a pawn, just look for Samsonov.

I'm about to load this bad boy up and wander around aimlessly.

Back