Multiplatform Official Dragon's Dogma 2 Discussion

This has a mostly negative on Steam atm lol
Another good post from you but wanted to single this part out because Henderson comments on the volatile polarity of the situation:

Dragon's Dogma going from Game of the Year contender to this in 24 hours is sure something

Poor man’s Elden Ring.

<DisgustingHHH>
Thats funny, while playing it made me think of Elden Ring, but with bipolar disorder and a coke habit.

The game's are vastly different of course. I love ER and Soulsborne games more than just about anything, action RPG wise, but the decayed world/next to no living population gets depressing lol

Another good post from you but wanted to single this part out because Henderson comments on the volatile polarity of the situation:

Dragon's Dogma going from Game of the Year contender to this in 24 hours is sure something

Yeah, it's a sleazy move dropping it like that. Even if you can earn everything in game (I hope that's the case entirely), it's sketchy to not disclose it.

Capcom adding DRM to older titles was bullshit too. I'm glad I played RE Revelations before, as apparently the Enigma DRM they added breaks an ultrawide/fov mod. Their terrible FOV's always nauseated me. Besides, Jill's ass needs to be on display better :D

Hopefully the backlash sends a message to the suits.

Last edited:
I haven't played yet but read all the complaints and honestly the most enraging issue is the lack of a menu option to simply Start New Game. Why would they want to prevent someone from nuking their progress and starting from scratch.

This site is almost unusable with all these fucking ads and stuttering. Sherdog really screwed things up with the overhaul. Great job, guys.

I haven't played yet but read all the complaints and honestly the most enraging issue is the lack of a menu option to simply Start New Game. Why would they want to prevent someone from nuking their progress and starting from scratch.

This site is almost unusable with all these fucking ads and stuttering. Sherdog really screwed things up with the overhaul. Great job, guys.
You can do it, at least on PC, but you have to disable cloud saves, then manually delete your save file.

That annoyance would have pissed me off, as I tend to always restart an RPG with a character creator, just because my guy looked off. Thankfully I was happy with everything and wasn't affected.

What a weird omission. Do they have an MT to start a new game? I wouldn't be surprised lol.

You can do it, at least on PC, but you have to disable cloud saves, then manually delete your save file.

That annoyance would have pissed me off, as I tend to always restart an RPG with a character creator, just because my guy looked off. Thankfully I was happy with everything and wasn't affected.

What a weird omission. Do they have an MT to start a new game? I wouldn't be surprised lol.
Sounds like they are going to be adding a new game button within the first couple patches.

The microtransactions thing to me is hilarious. It's the same shit you got if, like me, you purchased the deluxe edition but just pieced out. People are stupid.

I'm on PS5, so it'll be interesting to see how it runs and the graphics. I'm not a big FPS snob so as long as it runs fairly smooth and doesn't look too much like a pong game, I'll probably be happy.

I 100% agree on the character creator. I messed around with that thing for way too many hours creating my Arisen and Pawn.

If you need a Beastin 24/7 fighter as a pawn, just look for Samsonov.

I'm about to load this bad boy up and wander around aimlessly.
I just read that you can only have one character at a time which you have to delete to make a new one? That sounds dumb and pointless. It won't stop me from enjoying the game but I don't get the logic at all. I'm on console so I can just use a different profile to start a different character. But why make me jump through a stupid hoop just for something that every other single player game ever has?

I just read that you can only have one character at a time which you have to delete to make a new one? That sounds dumb and pointless. It won't stop me from enjoying the game but I don't get the logic at all. I'm on console so I can just use a different profile to start a different character. But why make me jump through a stupid hoop just for something that every other single player game ever has?
I actually kind of like it. It really does make the choices you make in game have a bit more weight to them. I can fully understand why people want to have multiple save slots, and characters, but I don't "save scum" much anyways and only run one character at a time so it doesn't effect me much.

I'm also a console player. Just got back from some errands I had to do and am about to go in hard for 5-6 hours. Wish me luck.

If I change to “poor man’s Souls game”, will the estrogen-laden dorks stop crying?

I actually kind of like it. It really does make the choices you make in game have a bit more weight to them. I can fully understand why people want to have multiple save slots, and characters, but I don't "save scum" much anyways and only run one character at a time so it doesn't effect me much.

I'm also a console player. Just got back from some errands I had to do and am about to go in hard for 5-6 hours. Wish me luck.
I get the logic of not having infinite saves so you can constantly save and reload. I just don't get the lack of more characters in a class based rpg.

So a little over 5 hours into the game, and I'm loving it. Haven't got very far yet, but I've already had my pawn rented out a couple times and managed to kill one off. Also had an NPC that is kind of important yeet himself off a fucking cliff. So now I have to figure out a way to get into the north checkpoint. Found a pawn that knows the alternate way which is nice, but bitch took me into a cave full of lizard men. I was doing fine until one of them came outta nowhere and RKO'd my ass.

Can you lvl up and does it have a talent system? Is it action RPG or turn based?

How difficult is this game would you guys say? Can you just free roam without worrying too much?

How difficult is this game would you guys say? Can you just free roam without worrying too much?
Take this with a grain of salt since I haven't done a ton, but so far it's been fairly easy going.

Minus the large lizard man that pushed my shit in.

Edit: I'm no hardcore gamer either. The one big thing is there is zero lock on for melee combat, and only limited for an archer. Getting used to the controls has been a bit of a learning curve.

If I change to “poor man’s Souls game”, will the estrogen-laden dorks stop crying?
How about you just call it Dragons Dogma like a non-douche? It's not a Souls game and predates the concept of Soulslike games. It's it's own thing.

Christ you Souls stans are unbearable. Great games, awful fanbase.

Back