Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
52 hrs in and so far being a melee character is a cheat code.

Things that took me dozens of attempts as a sorcerer are taking one or two with the bloodhounds fang.

Game rules.

Yea I had bloodhound fang as well for the whole game and it was great. That special move is just crazy.

That said my friend went all magic and he had a much easier time with some bosses I struggled with. End game boss was easy for him while I had to run across the screen dodging shit the whole time.

I am 30 hours into my new character focusing on melee and using the bloodhound fang. Game is SIGNIFICANTLY easier than with a pure magic build.

The fact that the game is still blowing my mind is just a testament to its brilliance. If they do a sequel I will be buying whatever the most expensive version is.

If I didn't have such an emotional attachment to Gears of War and the fact that I consider Gears III the greatest MP game of all time, this would definitely be my number one ever.

Maybe this has changed with patching but melee is so much easier imo.

This is still one of my favorite gaming memories.
Pimped out BHF will take you through the game if you want. Hits like a train the whole way through.

Pimped out BHF will take you through the game if you want. Hits like a train the whole way through.

Ran through dual weidling them. Pretty rocking weapon indeed.
I should try this, barely used it so far.

What's the benefit of dual wielding? I briefly tried it with a +25 forked hatchet in RH and a +24 same in LH but didn't notice anything specific, is it faster hits?

Also before you question my upgrade decision the FH is one of my fav super quick bleed weapons that has my shameless hoarfrost stomp weapon art.

Also I prefer keeping a, what's it called, thingy that lets you cast heal/resistance incantations in the LH, but at the character's high level (at end of 3rd time through currently) I don't need those as much anymore so maybe I'll try this dual BHF and see what's up.

Like someone said though, prob not for elden beast or any other large fast boss

Now that I am playing with a character with which I don't I have to constantly flee from danger, I can take things in and explore things more thoroughly. It has opened up so many places I missed.

Leyendell, Royal Capital is the greatest game area I have ever seen in 40 years of video gaming. Top to bottom it is beautiful and brilliant.

Now that I am playing with a character with which I don't I have to constantly flee from danger, I can take things in and explore things more thoroughly. It has opened up so many places I missed.

Leyendell, Royal Capital is the greatest game area I have ever seen in 40 years of video gaming. Top to bottom it is beautiful and brilliant.
Crumbling Farum Azula is pretty slick too!

I've just reached the capital on my Faith/arcane play through. It's been fun with the Dragon incantations.

82ish hours into my new character. Level 128 which is the highest I've ever gotten a character (previous was 126). Capital is conquered. Have gone back and done some side questy stuff. Completely forgot about and then dominated the lake of rot. Very nice being over leveled for the star monster thing down there.

Now it's onto the land of the giants, closing out the volcano manor quests, murdering rykert, and then onto places I've never seen!

82ish hours into my new character. Level 128 which is the highest I've ever gotten a character (previous was 126). Capital is conquered. Have gone back and done some side questy stuff. Completely forgot about and then dominated the lake of rot. Very nice being over leveled for the star monster thing down there.

Now it's onto the land of the giants, closing out the volcano manor quests, murdering rykert, and then onto places I've never seen!
Oh damn....

I'm still on my 1st playthrough, at level 165 and have an even bigger stash of runes than the one I posted earlier in the thread

I haven't even got into the haligtree or killed mohg yet lel

The fire giant has fallen (4 attempts. Literally took me 75 tries with my magic guy. Melee >>> Magic all day. @Blayt7hh is on crack ;) j/k. You're great. ).

In all fairness, I'm 14 levels higher than that character, but I'm not seeing 5 attempts per level.

I did notice that they patched out the ability to use the horse/goat. That's an odd choice.

That said, I'm back at the Forge of the Giants.

sam+61.gif

The fire giant has fallen (4 attempts. Literally took me 75 tries with my magic guy. Melee >>> Magic all day. @Blayt7hh is on crack ;) j/k. You're great. ).

In all fairness, I'm 14 levels higher than that character, but I'm not seeing 5 attempts per level.

I did notice that they patched out the ability to use the horse/goat. That's an odd choice.

sam+61.gif
on my first playthrough I smashed straight him. But then on my next few NGs I couldn't beat no matter what I tried. I had to cheese him with the Latena (?) Summon.

sam+61.gif
Maybe it is now, I couldn’t say. When it came out though magic was like a cheat code

Back