Spoilers Official ELDEN RING Discussion [PS/PC/Xbox]

Your Elden Ring Waifu:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was a bit bored and watched some streams from the beta in November. I think shields might need a nerf too on top of magic. I was watching some dude fight Margit and the boss was hammering him with blows and the player blocked everything without ever having poise broken. Feels like you should get punished a bit more for being sloppy like in previous games.

I was a bit bored and watched some streams from the beta in November. I think shields might need a nerf too on top of magic. I was watching some dude fight Margit and the boss was hammering him with blows and the player blocked everything without ever having poise broken. Feels like you should get punished a bit more for being sloppy like in previous games.

Well according to @jojoRed the betas are never a true representation of the final product. This shield issue you described makes me think that's true since I've never seen a shield work that well in a from game. I'm betting during the actual game you will not be able to do that with a shield.

Seems like From is really doing the rounds and hanging a 'not as hard' sign on this title:

Sounds like what he's saying is you don't have to worry about being stuck on one boss just to progress. You can leave go do other bosses and dungeons and come back to that boss later on stronger and more prepared.

Sounds like what he's saying is you don't have to worry about being stuck on one boss just to progress. You can leave go do other bosses and dungeons and come back to that boss later on stronger and more prepared.
I believe that also the stealth mechanics may play a role in this.

Some of the pre boss runs on demon souls were hard af

When I read the title of the article I was disapointed. DS series were hard although people says that DS3 was easier than first 2 games. So how do I feel about Elden Ring being easier? My answer is: It will only depend how NG+ is executed. The idea of having the game accessible to more people is great and I get it.

If NG+ is executed the way DS3 was, then its rubbish. The only thing aside of more hp and harder hitting enemies were...few rings improvements, thats it. Personally I would like to see maximum of 3 difficulties, 2nd difficulty feature more weapons, spells, added different challenging enemies maybe even 2-3 extra bosses on top of more hp and damage.

This is sort of what I talked about in my other thread about end game content. Its not just adding new game plus. But make it more of like Diablo 2 for example. Keeping people to play your games for longer while using whats already in the game.

https://www.pcgamer.com/elden-ring-...-want-new-players-to-stress-about-difficulty/

I think the biggest problem for me is they never seem to get magic right. It either sucks or its overpowered. I think it comes down to the game design, the AI is just shit for most enemies and they'll stay far away while you can spam magic on them. The game seems well designed if you are a melee fighter so I'll probably go with that and ignore magic because it kinda seems lame based on the gameplay I watched. Some dude literally just spammed the entire demo and it looked so easy.

https://www.pcgamer.com/elden-ring-...mps-because-i-cant-help-myself-miyazaki-says/

So he went crazy with the poogas from the last couple games...and added more ...much more poogas

I am really looking forward to your play by play

CautiousRemarkableBonobo-max-1mb.gif

I watched a vid that showed nearly every one of Margits attacks can be parried too. Who knows if Margit is just a middling boss in the grand scheme of the game tho.

I'm a little bit worried about the open world aspect of the game.
I don't like huge maps because they are tedious to canvass, but i can't help myself from canvassing them.

I also don't like games where i constantly need to pull out maps to know where to go. What i mean by that is i don't like not knowing a map by heart.
I like knowing exactly where i am and what are the paths available to me.
Its one of the aspects i love about FS games. The levels are wide enough for some exploration but your limitations as a player as easily identifiable.

Back