Official Fall/Winter/Spring Deadlift Competition

easternbloc7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I (and some other pubbers) am proposing a Fall Deadlift Competition. The rules will be exactly the same as the squat comp and the draft will be on October 1, one week after the squat comp winner is announced, with the team captains picking in the order they placed. Each team member will post their 1rm on October 8, one week after the draft. It will last 6 months from October 8, ending on APril 8. If a captain doesn't want to be involved, let me know and we will pick a replacement captain.
TIMES/DATES NOT YET FINAL

Rules
2. There will be five teams. Each team will consist of a captain and eight members.

3. The winning team will consist of the team whose sum total improvement in the deadlift is the highest at the termination of the competition. THE CAPTAINS COUNT! Will get captains numbers asap.

4. All members of the winning team must submit a video of the highest weight claimed by the end of the competition. Keith Wassung (IF he is willing to) will judge these videos to determine if each qualifies.

5. Keith is god, his word is law (IF he judges, he has not agreed yet). Any lifts found to be substandard will have 1 week to resubmit a qualifying lift or the second place team will be called upon to submit their videos.
(If you dont have a video camera join the club you have till September to beg, borrow or steal 1 deal with it.)

6. 1RMs will be used in all cases except those where a 1rm was not submitted by the start of competition. In that case either a 3 or 5rm may be used but only increases involving the same number of reps will be counted towards the team total.

7. Draft: The draft order will be selected based on the order the teams finished in the squat competition. Each captain will select 1 player untill all available players have been selected. The order will reverse so the captain with the last pick in the first round will select first in the second round.

8. All deadlifts will be preformed raw or using a belt; NO STRAPS (by a 22-3 vote). SUMO DEADLIFTS ARE NOW ALLOWED (BUT THEY ARE STILL GAY). * Other equipment is premited only if the starting lift was made using such equipment and only if it has been in use long enough that initial gains from the equipment are no longer prevalent.

The captains as of now are (in picking order):
1. joshetc (475) (for Standard)
2. John Lambert (445) (for fat_wilhelm)
3. Cap'n (445) (for Urban)
4. DevilsSon (635)
5. Chaos Mittens (525) (for Barut)

REMINDER: For the draft, captains will pm me a master list ranking the competitors and I will put the teams together.

Rosters:
joshetc
Member..........Starting............Curr ent............Goal +Total Improvement
joshetc..........475............475..... .......545 +0
ThinkGreen..........405............405.. ..........445 +0
Socratic Method..........280............280...... ......395 +0
maori rule all..........440............418......... ...505 +0
MMAfan232..........345............345... .........455 +0
ronin0352..........500............500... .........600 +0
Oblivian..........405............405.... ........475 +0
rEmY..........Starting............Curren t............Goal +0
TheNerdKing..........605............545. ...........675 +0
ciscokid1024..........435............435 ............500 +0
kaboom187..........215............215... .........315 +0

John Lambert
John Lambert
starting: 455
current:495
+40

magbox
starting: 435
current: 460
+25

Jake Martin
starting: 385
current:
+

WhiteLighting
starting: 365
current: 460
+95

fat_wilhelm
starting: 605
current:
+

Diesel6
starting: 305
current
+

Barut
starting: 500
current:
+

F[o]rged
starting: 500
current:
+

grrthetree
starting: 225
current:270x5
+45

Tayon
starting: 515
current:
+

MIA
???Blackhawk3634
starting: 315
current:
+???

MIA
???Killer_kicks88
starting: 300
current:
+???

Out Due To Injury
Chaseg1520
starting: 385
current:
+

Team
+205

Cap

I'm down...but I'd wait a bit longer till the squat contest has been done a bit before starting this.

I want a replacement. I'm still determined to fix my squat, and until I hit 405, that's where my priorities lie.

As of 1/29/09
Team Chaos +251
Team Devilsson
Team Cap'n +379
Team John Lambert +145
Team Joshetc +163

Team Devilsson is too busy deadlifting to count our increase.

I'm available.
What were the squat comp rules? I never followed it...

Urban, I'll take your place

done. good luck everyone.

Sounds good to me, but I dunno if 2 months is really long enough... Then again... At any rate, I'm up for it.

2 months seems kind of short.

2 months does seem kind of short, but I'm down. My deadlift improved by like 50 lbs over the squat competition, so I'll probably just keep squatting like a fiend like I have been..

I'm down. I really regret not getting involved in the squat comp, I want in this one for sure

im in

why not make the competition last till christmas?

2 months for alot of people is only 8 deadlifting sessions

I agree with making it longer, but I'm in either way

I'd like to do this, but I'm afraid that I'd miss a workout or two due to fights and I wouldn't want to short my team :eek:

lets make this at least 6 months tho. I deadlift like every 3-5 weeks so I am unlikely to be posting very many workouts.

I'll be a captain however and give all the advice and help I can to others as they need.

Back