Official Judo Thread IX: Banned By The French Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta get a dominant head or chest control. Tight contact. Otherwise it doesn't work.

I like to bump under their chin with my wrist .... I have heard it called the Tenri bump to do this. You just sort of pop their head back a bit.

You gotta get a dominant head or chest control. Tight contact. Otherwise it doesn't work.

I like to bump under their chin with my wrist .... I have heard it called the Tenri bump to do this. You just sort of pop their head back a bit.

Sneaky!

One of the black belts I have the 'misfortune' of training with has been involved with wrestling one way or another for about as long as I've been living. He also likes to manipulate the head in sometimes not so subtle, but effective ways.

I wonder why this is a Tenri thing and not more popular elsewhere. I mean it works but it's not the only way to pop the head. Even the Tenri guys in LA do it.

I wonder why this is a Tenri thing and not more popular elsewhere. I mean it works but it's not the only way to pop the head. Even the Tenri guys in LA do it.

i taught my girlfriend to just straight palm-strike a bitch in the jaw, but also with the idea of trying to grab their head on the side like palming a basketball so she can get her pointer finger into the eyeball and push em headfirst. this is after she's kicked em in the balls of course. minimum effort, maximum efficiency.

Yeah we got told to palm strike in the jaw from a standard lapel grip, I do a lot of ken ken osotos from a high grip though.

It's all about head control. Where the head goes the body shall follow. I personally like Osoto Gake. Being a short player I have enountered the kuzushi issues when facing taller players.

Has anyone ever bought a silk belt before? Can they comment on the difference between them and cotton?

Has anyone ever bought a silk belt before? Can they comment on the difference between them and cotton?

Yes, I have a silk Kataaro. It took a while for it to start staying tied, but it looks real purty. Be prepared to be called out for being a dandy.

Yes, I have a silk Kataaro. It took a while for it to start staying tied, but it looks real purty. Be prepared to be called out for being a dandy.

Ah nice, I didn't realise the one you were looking at was silk.

Haha, is it very shiny?

Kataaro do some nice belts, I was going to get one for BJJ.

Ah nice, I didn't realise the one you were looking at was silk.

Haha, is it very shiny?

Kataaro do some nice belts, I was going to get one for BJJ.

It's totally shiny. It's cool but looks a bit costumy.

It's totally shiny. It's cool but looks a bit costumy.

Ahh yeah I think I'd get the piss taken out of me ha. I like the worn out dull ones but I don't want one with an IJF tag to be my main belt, I prefer a cleaner look so I'm thinking I might get another one.

I always wanted one of these when I went to Japan but seeing as I'm not going this year idk if I should just buy one now:

tumblr_m68qm7gpQQ1rsqms7o1_500.jpeg

The other one I was looking at was this one:

je.jpg

I just came home from a visit to KuSakura factory and I thought you guys might want to see some of the pictures I took there.
I was shown the new judogis, according to the new IJF standards and the company representative said: "Yeah, better dont let them grip you!"...
That should give you a hint about the direction judo is going :)

http://yagadome.com/trip-to-kusakura-factory/

Good article Onq, I enjoyed it.

Nice, Onq. Yeah I made the mistake of buying a 750 gi late last year, I wish I'd just bought the normal one.

Nice Onq, it's neat to see the behind-the-scenes photos of them sewing the gis.

Holy shit.

I hit a perfect Ippon seoinage today in randori.

Granted it was on a WB, but understand that I hate Seoinage in all its forms (I'm 6'1, 175-180, tall and lanky) but this one...perfect execution, I didn't even feel him go over, possibly my most flawless throw ever. Again, I hate seoinage.

Only had a left hand sleeve grip when I started.

Uke: "That was beautiful"

Holy shit it actually works....

Last edited:
maybe being hobbled gave you 'the touch?'

ever try this?
[YT]_Hd-dFpTQ2E[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back