Official Judo Thread IX: Banned By The French Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind the armor. I'll rock a eurocomp in summer. Pants are the worst. Much sweating. Such swampass. Sambo knows what's up.

All of my gis are armour gis. It isn't nice in the summer but you sort of get used to it.

Yeah, I thought my Yushos got hot, but they got nothing on the old school Fuji double.

I don't know what gsm my Yushos are, but they're definitely not as thick as my Fuji.

New Judo Mat Lab, aka BJJScout's other YouTube account...

[YT]UDr_NBHh4nY[/YT]

I did a very very slow and sluggish version of the seoi nage>kouchi makikomi the other day.

It also looks like we were working on the back-to-front combinations the other day as well.

Some of the best practices I remember were while wearing a Eurocomp on 100 degree days. The heat made you fluid...except don't slip on the puddles.

Effin hell those sambo chicks are fine!

Some of the best practices I remember were while wearing a Eurocomp on 100 degree days. The heat made you fluid...except don't slip on the puddles.

Oh yeah, I'm by no means going to stop wearing my double weave + rashguard combo, even when it gets hotter. There's no better feeling than squashing that initial trepidation when you step onto the mat for the start of practice, powering through heat exhaustion, and going home to take a cool shower. You just feel like you accomplished something, regardless of how practice went.

Effin hell those sambo chicks are fine!

It's just weird to see you comment about anything other than judo. I always pictured you as some robot with a penchant for unwavering judo technique.

On that note, I'm going to need Zankou to give us the proper search terms to pull up similar results. I tried several combinations of words and turned up nada.

I just realized that I have a body armor gi.

I kept thinking I'd have to go Dax for one of them, but I recently read that my Fuji double is 1000gsm, making it far thicker than my Mizuno Yushos and simultaneously the absolute worst thing to wear with a rashie during a 2 hour practice in 90 degree weather.

:icon_evil

10 week check up on the knee today, the graft is "rock solid" and I have been off crutches for weeks now, can walk almost normally, climb and descend stairs as normal without holding onto a railing and am onto one legged squats. Ace, well chuffed, just need to work on fully straightening it as it's a bit stiff just now and takes a while to get to lock out in the mornings. My fixed knee is now more solid than my left one.

Awesome sounds like it is going great.

Sure, here you go.

wch_speterburg_2013_223.jpg

Sounds good Deev, did he say how long till you're back on the mats?

Does anyone know what type of chock fits this description? It's from a 19th century judo exhibition match.

f"inding himself caught in a choke by the Japanese fighter, he simply turned to the crowd and grinned.

It was then, one witness recalled, that

My newly-six year old son got a stripe on his WB today and is proud as hell. One strip of tape and he's motivated as hell all of a sudden.

Guess stripes for kids isn't so bad.

Oh a he tries to Osoto my daughter's soccer coach every time he sees him...now that I'm proud of!

My newly-six year old son got a stripe on his WB today and is proud as hell. One strip of tape and he's motivated as hell all of a sudden.

Guess stripes for kids isn't so bad.

Oh a he tries to Osoto my daughter's soccer coach every time he sees him...now that I'm proud of!

Present him with 4 crossbows, one of which was Einarr's. If he goes for the relic, you've got a reincarnated Viking on your hands.

Bit of a culture in my club to wear heavy clothing (hoodies) under double weave gis in order to 'make training harder'. Part of me think it's a pretty goofy thing to do but OTOH, I'm aware that it builds tolerance to heat exhaustion (one of the major factors of fatigue).

Do folks do this where you are? I've never liked it and refuse to do it...but it makes some begruding sense

Bit of a culture in my club to wear heavy clothing (hoodies) under double weave gis in order to 'make training harder'. Part of me think it's a pretty goofy thing to do but OTOH, I'm aware that it builds tolerance to heat exhaustion (one of the major factors of fatigue).

Do folks do this where you are? I've never liked it and refuse to do it...but it makes some begruding sense

I sweat like a pedophile in a Barney suit during summer practices in Ottawa. If someone handed me a hoodie in bloody Australia, I'd spontaneously combust.

I do it for warm ups in the winter if I'm training somewhere really cold, and always during my Shiai warmup. It's brutally hot in our space though so I don't usually even wear a Rash guard.

EDIT: I should mention I do it for the heat and not to torture myself. I find it helps me get moving if th room is cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back