Official Judo Thread IX: Banned By The French Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I've noticed when my BJJ friends watch my Judo class is they are surprised how fast I transition into groundwork from a throw.

I've noticed that when they try my Judo class, they are lost after getting thrown onto their back, and how fast I'm able to transition into a submission attack or smothering kesa katame choke (fatboy choke).

Transition grappling really is an art on its own. So now I teach all my students that they should automatically go into a submission after a throw.

This has helped me a bit to not 'overthrow' and roll into bad position.

hop off your half-hip throws and don't roll through your forward throws.

:icon_twis

I'm typing this a little drunk (12 shots of vodka deep), but I have to say that I genuinely enjoy when you partake in any discussion. If we are ever on the opposite ends of any debate, know that everything I say is meant with the utmost respect and that if I go below the belt, it's only my high school debater tendencies coming into play.

I just realized after typing all of that out, it looks like Sober Ippy and Drunk Ippy have similar Sherdog posting skills.

c18.gif

Nah I always post in here drunk, well I'm just usually drunk. I end up being way nicer to people than I usually would.

Hey guys,
I am working on some new products with KuSakura and it happen to be that the owner's son is an old training partner of mine.
So, if anyone is interested in club/ state/ federation discounts (or just bigger quantities), please let me know and Im sure I will be able to work out some kind of a deal.

Hey guys,
I am working on some new products with KuSakura and it happen to be that the owner's son is an old training partner of mine.
So, if anyone is interested in club/ state/ federation discounts (or just bigger quantities), please let me know and Im sure I will be able to work out some kind of a deal.

VERY interested in this! Let me talk to some of my local higher-ups, and if they green light anything, you'll be getting a PM from me! :icon_chee Thanks!

VERY interested in this! Let me talk to some of my local higher-ups, and if they green light anything, you'll be getting a PM from me! :icon_chee Thanks!
Cheers!
Not trying to rep out the company, but its the only one Ive seen offering sizes, based on body type, arm length and etc.
The owner is also working on BJJ line at the momen.

I'm interested Onq. Is it just bulk quantity you get discount for or in general? I'll ask around the club, I know there's at least one guy who's a kusakura enthusiast and I like their gear too.

Heads up! There's a Mizuno Eurocomp and an Ichiban floating around on E-bay.

I'm interested Onq. Is it just bulk quantity you get discount for or in general? I'll ask around the club, I know there's at least one guy who's a kusakura enthusiast and I like their gear too.

I think I can ask for anythink more than 5 bit dont want to push too much :)

Holy shit my "on again/off again taiotoshi" issue has been fixed.

Being the tall lanky bastard I am, who would've thought stepping 6-12" more to the right with my lead leg (when square) would clear my hips for the body drop without having to drop my 6"1' frame so low against the shorter guys in my weight class.

Having greater success static, now time to work it moving.

I think I can ask for anythink more than 5 bit dont want to push too much :)

Ah I don't think I'll be able to get that many people. I already get great discount on Adidas so most people are going for those.

Thanks anyway.

That's certainly odd. Regardless of what you think of the colour, I find it harder to trust a second-hand gi that was dyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back