Spoilers Official Lords of the Fallen 2023 Disc [PS/PC/Xbox]

Hear you.

I've been that way about a core game elemental in wither. I get you can really build into it for DMG and grievous strike gains plus time manipulation and AoE, then there being a few choice WPNs like Jeffrey's Dagger to main or offhand – but really, it's a central combat mechanic I've paid little mind. Just like flaying and lamp recharging, I'd be unnecessarily adding extra steps for the sake of, just, using something that's there. Oxymoronically, I'd call it impractical utility.

That was a big piece of it too, just straight up an inconvenience switching from the lamp to my catalyst. Since I was radiance built with a focus on 2h charge strikes. I was constantly refreshing the radiance weapon spell, so spend time swapping to the lamp and doing the soul flay took more time than it took to just charge smash enemies. 1st play through could have probably benefitted, but in the following 2 my build was pretty refined so I could just smash my way through.

Want to share some cool lore that many miss.

Remember our boy Harkyn from the 2014 OG Lords? Guess who the hooded, brooding Iron Wayfarer is? Yep. So cool.

And you know Andreas who's looking for his coveted book of lineage? Guess who his kinsman is: Antanas. Antagonist of the 2014 original. I figured this out from the trophy name after completing his questline but how his quest ends now makes all the sense in the world. Rotten apples, his whole line.

Also, did anyone get the secret helm from the Hallowe'en event's secret boss? You can still grab it. I heard it uniquely boosts item discovery but I don't know by how much. If it's more than, say, 2 units for 3.00+ discovery rate, 100% worth it, IMO. At that rate, you'll see regular crafting mat drops and cures, balms, salts, so one can really stock up farm-free.

Studio head for HexWorks has actually said their mission statement is to be second only to FromS/w for the subgenre. Lofty stuff; I like it. Can't wait to see what's up next.

Studio currently consists of two developer houses – one, Barcelona, and the other, Bucharest. I thought this was interesting because I guessed Romanian for Kukajin's char and VA from the accent (even wrote it above). Cool to have nailed that; tricky accent, that. Her sword is pretty dope if you're a poison bro, BTW. Otherwise, I'd recommend Hushed Saint's polearm – I forget the name, which also has the inherent imbuing. There's a Fungal dagger in the vein too but DPS is doo-doo (affects entire WPN class, unfortunately) so best avoid.

Currently on 4th playthrough. South of 300h. I'm...exhausted. Barely hanging on to unlock Plat, I am. Can't quit, though – not when I'm so close.

Having dug deep for this one, it's been rough. I've had a couple bugs, requiring I do extra runs – q/line intricacies, really. Full transparency: I would have tapped, had I fully known what lay ahead some 200h ago. Least fun Platinum journey in a great while, IMO. But as a Miyazakian disciple, I have blood yet to bleed.

Because PlayStation allocates points on backend for each trophy, the high number of trophies meant HexWorks reached the point cap without having any room for even a single Gold. Though preposterous it is, I say as much because I wish they'd shaved off a few of the more tedious trophies for something grander, funner and tossed a Gold or couple extra Silvers our way. There is so much inorganically intertwined in this – from items to NPCS to story to world triggers – that I feel it's an impossible Plat without consulting oracle Google. Shame.

Will update when I make it. If I do...

/weary crusader out

Thought it helpful to share some wisdom. My big 3 spoiler-free tips for newborn crusaders that you won't find online:

Attributes

– Whatever stats you want to build your char around, make sure to some degree it involves Strength (STR)

– STR is the only attribute to have a 1:1 tethered (and actually helpful) substat à la physical DMG mitigation

– I spent ca. 100h as an AGI main, having made the game unknowingly harder for myself; don't be like me

– Best in-game bow by a mile is AGI-scalable and so too for most spears + daggers (these however making for wet toilet paper WPN classes); outside the bow, having low AGI won't be locking you out of any cool must-haves (and there are alt bows, to assuage)

– Some of the cooler, more flexible shields have AGI reqs, too, so take note of my saying low AGI, and not none

Receivable DMG: Elements

– In this there are 3 elements (Holy, Fire, Wither)

HOLY > PHYSICAL > FIRE is how you should assess your gobs of gear for viability (Holy will catch you off-guard and F you up)

Holy, however, is really only prevalent in maybe 2 boss fights and then in one area of the game – big picture, not much

Fire otherwise predominates but is less a pucker factor except for with two late-game enemies, IMO (Ruiner and Infernal Enchantress – these two nasties can have you crit real quick and will surprise you even when robustly levelled)

Receivable DMG: Statuses

– In this there are 6 statuses (frostbitten, aflame, smitten, bleeding, poisoned, and ignited)

– These are all a laugh and can be completely ignored for 99% of the game – heck, all of it; whatever resistances to above new gear provides, ignore it and look only at above DMG ranking for mitigations

Dealt DMG & WPN choices

– You'll (also) amass gobs of fashionable WPNs in this but – bad news – there's no difference between WPNs of one class – no unique weapon arts nor signature moves, effects, which is a big disappointment for the subgenre, e.g., backstep light ATK and running heavy are same for all WPNs in a class whatever their weight or size, and that goes for charged and regular ATKs too

– What sets WPNs apart besides stat reqs and looks, is whether the WPN is imbued with nothing, an element or three, or a status effect

All three WPN elements are OK but none are great; you can even use elemental salts on enemies that are weak to a certain element (like frost WPN imbuing against something fireborne) and nothing rightly empowers; it's pretty lame

– Status effects on WPNs are worse in that they take too long to proc (even when catalysed later in-game by runes) and then when they do, meh – again, you'll see negligible DMG uptick

– One last piece of advice is any crossbow or bow that comes with inherent status ailment imbuing will not imbue any bolt or arrow for you, sadly; you still have to use the costlier corresponding ammo type; what the status ailment value means is the WPN will boost proccing of that status by whatever value displayed when using the ammo type; this was a choice by devs, I imagine, to keep ammo economy and management in check so range doesn't become OP; from a player perspective, it felt both confusing and disappointing because this isn't ever explained

Currently on 4th playthrough. South of 300h. I'm...exhausted. Barely hanging on to unlock Plat, I am. Can't quit, though – not when I'm so close.

Having dug deep for this one, it's been rough. I've had a couple bugs, requiring I do extra runs – q/line intricacies, really. Full transparency: I would have tapped, had I fully known what lay ahead some 200h ago. Least fun Platinum journey in a great while, IMO. But as a Miyazakian disciple, I have blood yet to bleed.

Because PlayStation allocates points on backend for each trophy, the high number of trophies meant HexWorks reached the point cap without having any room for even a single Gold. Though preposterous it is, I say as much because I wish they'd shaved off a few of the more tedious trophies for something grander, funner and tossed a Gold or couple extra Silvers our way. There is so much inorganically intertwined in this – from items to NPCS to story to world triggers – that I feel it's an impossible Plat without consulting oracle Google. Shame.

Will update when I make it. If I do...

/weary crusader out
Wow that’s crazy! 300 hours…. I think outside of MMORPGs when I was younger the only game I’ve gotten close to that is Monster Hunter World with 268 hours and that was over the course of playing it pretty casually over a number of years. Returnal is probably my fastest 100 hour playtime game but I stopped around there. I commend your ability to not burnout. It’s a serious issue for me no matter how good a game is. I can count on one hand the number of games that exceed 100 hours but I’ve got dozens in the 60 to 80 hour range which is typically when I want to move on

Wow that’s crazy! 300 hours…. I think outside of MMORPGs when I was younger the only game I’ve gotten close to that is Monster Hunter World with 268 hours and that was over the course of playing it pretty casually over a number of years. Returnal is probably my fastest 100 hour playtime game but I stopped around there. I commend your ability to not burnout. It’s a serious issue for me no matter how good a game is. I can count on one hand the number of games that exceed 100 hours but I’ve got dozens in the 60 to 80 hour range which is typically when I want to move on
Thanks, Z. It all depends on the game for me – how much I'm willing to endure. This game is fantastic so I strongly recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend the Plat, specifically. I have about 1200h in Nioh 2 and 1000s of hours across Dark Souls and Bloodborne, so I think I'll wrap this up around the 320h mark, which is mid-range for me on time commitment. I love trophying, unfortunately, so that coupled with this subgenre of game makes at times for nutcracker endurance events.

Thanks, Z. It all depends on the game for me – how much I'm willing to endure. This game is fantastic so I strongly recommend it, but I wouldn't recommend the Plat, specifically. I have about 1200h in Nioh 2 and 1000s of hours across Dark Souls and Bloodborne, so I think I'll wrap this up around the 320h mark, which is mid-range for me on time commitment. I love trophying, unfortunately, so that coupled with this subgenre of game makes at times for nutcracker endurance events.
Glad to see you're still at it. I haven't played since getting the umbral ending. When I saw some of the requirements for the more... exotic trophies, I knew there was no way I'd be getting plat lol

Glad to see you're still at it. I haven't played since getting the umbral ending. When I saw some of the requirements for the more... exotic trophies, I knew there was no way I'd be getting plat lol
There’s around a .26% drop chance too on a number of items needed to collect all WPNs and separately all ARMs. For some of these, it’s 1-2 enemies in the entire game that require a bit of setup each go to farm and rest. It’s disgusting, dude. I’m almost tapping. Plus glitches. Lol. Started fifth playthrough earlier today. No way recommend the Plat for this one.

Reactions: hsz
Same as Deadshot, got the umbral and threw in the towel. To many games in the backlog to grind away. I really enjoyed this game though, only a few gripes but overall great entry. Looking forward to a sequel.

Same as Deadshot, got the umbral and threw in the towel. To many games in the backlog to grind away. I really enjoyed this game though, only a few gripes but overall great entry. Looking forward to a sequel.
I'm a billboard for sunken cost fallacy ATM and the rub is I know it. I've dedicated too much to get this far and feel like I can't walk away now despite feeling the ROI dwindling by the hour. Great game though, like you said. I recommend two playthroughs and three char rebirths to experience (virtually) everything the game has to offer, then walking.

Devs decorated all in-game vestiges with Christmas wreaths today; nice little touch, that.

Thing is, I’ve had 4 crashes today and not one in weeks or really since play from a month ago. While data loss has been negligible, it’s fix one thing, break another. Two trophies left – eyes on the prize.

/crusader out

Devs decorated all in-game vestiges with Christmas wreaths today; nice little touch, that.

Thing is, I’ve had 4 crashes today and not one in weeks or really since play from a month ago. While data loss has been negligible, it’s fix one thing, break another. Two trophies left – eyes on the prize.

/crusader out

So close!! That will be a good one to put to bed.

I picked it up last night. I pirated it near day one and wasn't impressed with the performance, voice acting. I didn't play it for long as I figured it needed some patching.

I always planned on getting as I really like the OG, just didn't feel it warranted the $79 price tag with how it was at launch.

I picked up Alienware's ultrawide aw3423dwf monitor. It's my first oled screen. This game looks fucking incredible. Cyberpunk is stunning, so its nice to see a modern Dark fantasy visual feast. The lighting, especially with HDR, is near orgasmic lol.

I started as the viking-looking guy and will focus on strength build/two handed sword.

I'm really loving this so far. Unfortunately my main pc is having issues, so I'm using a 3070 laptop with 5800x. I'm getting some frame hiccups when things get hairy in Umbral, but other than that it plays smooth with High settings (some medium) at 1440p, quality DLSS.

This feels like Dark Souls 2.

I meant to ask what are you guys running this on, PC wise, and what settings do you use?

I'm going to play again later tonight, think I'll need to adjust some settings.

This Pieta boss, what a cunt. I like her design and the music, but her damage output is ridiculous compared to ours. She cleaves off most of my health in one swipe. I've gotten her down to about a 1/2 damage, so I will kill this bitch, but FFS it's a bit much lol

I think I'll have to use ranged weapons when she's hovering around, but that reach of hers is insane

How do we level up our health? i have some item that says it can level it up, but I don't know what to do with it.

Back