Multiplatform Official Mortal Kombat 1 Diskussion

Ya I may buy this shit in a few years when it's on sale for the komplete edition at like $8.99 on Steam.

Felt ripped off by MK11.

Now that the dust has settled some is this game worth picking up?

If you’re mainly into it for playing online I think so. The game is fun (but unbalanced and a bit jank). Personally I find it more fun than MK11.

As others have said though, they have really dropped the ball on many other gameplay aspects especially when it comes to customization. Invasions is lame. The shrine replacing the Krypt is lame. They are charging people for holiday fatalities. Overall feels like their most customer unfriendly product yet. But at the same time it’s the most fun I’ve had with a NRS game since MK9

If you’re mainly into it for playing online I think so. The game is fun (but unbalanced and a bit jank). Personally I find it more fun than MK11.

As others have said though, they have really dropped the ball on many other gameplay aspects especially when it comes to customization. Invasions is lame. The shrine replacing the Krypt is lame. They are charging people for holiday fatalities. Overall feels like their most customer unfriendly product yet. But at the same time it’s the most fun I’ve had with a NRS game since MK9
I loved MK11 Krypt freeroam so much, TBH.

It was cool and felt like they put a lot of effort into it. The Shrine is just flat out boring and SLOW
They still haven’t patched that? I gave up on it because the rewards were lame and the animation took forever

They still haven’t patched that? I gave up on it because the rewards were lame and the animation took forever

It's a little faster but still slow as shit lol. Insane how they didn't add a bulk option

And a steal at only 20 USD! Nyuck-nyuck... No-one puts Omni-Man in the corner:

Except Scorp.

Except Scorp.

Yeah, think I’ll hold out on this release until it’s wrapped up in the Ultimate offering and by then I may have lost interest.

I hate this shit.

Yeah, think I’ll hold out on this release until it’s wrapped up in the Ultimate offering and by then I may have lost interest.

I hate this shit.
I'm same boat as you and will eventually pick up because it's MK (iconic khars, campaign, and stepped-up gameplay) but without 11's Krypt plus new MTX heights, I'd rather in one shot, one kill pick up base + DLC khars down the road and be done with it; won't beat myself up if I end up not playing much. Heard kustomisation isn't very deep, which is another barb as I like having my own off-meta flare.

Actually, this might see Cyber Monday sale...

Guys I'm drunk. Help me understand. I thought Mortal Kombat 1 looked like this

So what the FUCK is happening
62727-youtube-036310d62c49ed6320205cc628db4bc5.jpg

That’s the XBox Series S version.

@Madmick @Dizzy

I just picked this up for $40 through Amazon(on disc) if anyone was looking for a Black Friday sale on the game.

Except Scorp.

for 20 bucks you could buy the thanksgiving mortal kombat fatality, or you could get yourself a small turkey for thanksgiving and eat it properly.

Wow no posts in a long time. Surprised the trailer wasn't posted here. I'm way more excited for Quan Chi than I was for Omni Man.

Wow no posts in a long time. Surprised the trailer wasn't posted here. I'm way more excited for Quan Chi than I was for Omni Man.

Looks bad ass.

Because it's Mortal Kombat. The vast majority just play through the story mode and it goes back on the shelf to collect dust. Very few seem to care about how it plays.

I love this game. The fighting is really crisp and the graphics are amazing. Currently my ELO for online in Kasual is 1625. Quan Chi looks amazing and I can't wait for the DLC story mode eventually when it comes out. I read somewhere the story was going to be longer than MK11 Aftermath.

Almost done with the 2 hour trial on PS5, and I gotta say it ain't too shabby. Dig the setting so far and the martial arts flick camp, good looking game, and a nice soundtrack too.

Scorpion handles a bit weird but everything looks pretty good. Definitely feels a bit lighter than the last one with no Krypt, the Shrine is bogus. Looks like their in super monetization mode with all the skins and what have you, yet still isn't as customizable as the last game.

Going to stick to holding off picking it up anytime soon because a problem I'm having is I just can't rationalize paying $70 then $40 for the Kombat Pack and $8 for Shang Tsung.. With high probability there's another $40 Kombat Pack on the way and $? DLC.. I paid all that with the last few games and I'm just over getting things all piecemeal; nickle and dimed along the way.

Almost done with the 2 hour trial on PS5, and I gotta say it ain't too shabby. Dig the setting so far and the martial arts flick camp, good looking game, and a nice soundtrack too.

Scorpion handles a bit weird but everything looks pretty good. Definitely feels a bit lighter than the last one with no Krypt, the Shrine is bogus. Looks like their in super monetization mode with all the skins and what have you, yet still isn't as customizable as the last game.

Going to stick to holding off picking it up anytime soon because a problem I'm having is I just can't rationalize paying $70 then $40 for the Kombat Pack and $8 for Shang Tsung.. With high probability there's another $40 Kombat Pack on the way and $? DLC.. I paid all that with the last few games and I'm just over getting things all piecemeal; nickle and dimed along the way.
We can trial this?! I'm in like a Shaolin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back