Official Mortal Kombat 11 Diskussion *NEW POLL*

Your top two of the MK11 DLC roster are:

• Total voters
Pretty tongue-in-cheek upload by TrueUnderDawg last week on potentially kryptic KP3 tweets from Elder God Ed Boon (lol) and state of Reptile gets summed up around 2m 45s for our boy Minn. *heavy feelz

Yeah it's a bit stale but I'm still maining Kollector myself with some Jax flourishes to mix it up but never did get my Nightwolf game going strong in this title, sadly. 11 is still getting love from the PS community to update anyone interested but Sindel rage remains – being such a fine looker in the campaign grants only so many passes. *wink

Ideas floated re: KP3 chars are Ermac, Cyrax, Sektor, and of course titan Kronika. The new MK film might see carryover (out 16 April) and revitalise MK kommunities; we'll see how that plays out.

Runtime is 10m. Enjoy, Klan Dawg.

@Minnja @Slobodan

I’ve been pretty done with the game for a while especially with the offline scene dying due to COVID. It’s a good game but I just don’t love it as much as other fighting games and the lack of my son Reptile really hurts

KP3 with cyborgs and Ermac would be pretty sweet. I always liked Sektor a lot. It makes sense for them to try to push something out due to the movie but still no official word yet.

They announced EVO online and MK11 will be a main game. I think we will hear about NRS’ next big step around that time. MK11 might have another KP but I don’t anticipate any major overhauls to the game and think Injustice 3 or whatever next project wil be announced soon

I’ve been pretty done with the game for a while especially with the offline scene dying due to COVID. It’s a good game but I just don’t love it as much as other fighting games and the lack of my son Reptile really hurts

KP3 with cyborgs and Ermac would be pretty sweet. I always liked Sektor a lot. It makes sense for them to try to push something out due to the movie but still no official word yet.

They announced EVO online and MK11 will be a main game. I think we will hear about NRS’ next big step around that time. MK11 might have another KP but I don’t anticipate any major overhauls to the game and think Injustice 3 or whatever next project wil be announced soon
You hear Sony has now acquired EVO? With the popularity of online MK11 comps still a thing within the PS kommunity, I'm not surprised the title will feature. I think one problem with this outing was NRS minimalising the differences in play amongst chars – more so than X et cetera, so while everyone agreed this game has killer aesthetics and many loved the Krypt additions, truly dynamic play was short-lived. I actually recall Ermac in the Krypt being impaled after fall from an early bridge (remember that?) and also featuring briefly in the story so his char model/design is done (looks great); he would make sense if they do a last-hurrah KP. Reptile treatment is a mystery to me; dude would be a love letter to hardkore fans if brought back from wandering hobo status.

You hear Sony has now acquired EVO? With the popularity of online MK11 comps still a thing within the PS kommunity, I'm not surprised the title will feature. I think one problem with this outing was NRS minimalising the differences in play amongst chars – more so than X et cetera, so while everyone agreed this game has killer aesthetics and many loved the Krypt additions, truly dynamic play was short-lived. I actually recall Ermac in the Krypt being impaled after fall from an early bridge (remember that?) and also featuring briefly in the story so his char model/design is done (looks great); he would make sense if they do a last-hurrah KP. Reptile treatment is a mystery to me; dude would be a love letter to hardkore fans if brought back from wandering hobo status.

"Wandering hobo status" LMAO

Yeah man Ermac at least got a new costume. Reptile literally has his MKX costume and you just find him in the krypt and smash him with a hammer. Total disrespect lol.

It's really weird to me that they give characters movesets but they aren't even playable. Like Sektor/Cyrax have movesets and I've seen the mods of people unlocking them and actually using them. They are popular legacy type characters too soooo idk what the deal is with not just making them playable???

Gameplay mechanics wise there are just a few things that irritate me beyond being able to really enjoy the game all the time. The fatal blow mechanic may be the worst super mechanic I've ever seen in a fighting game. There are some other nitpicks here and there that I have too and it just kind of culminates into a really good game that's also often times super frustrating to play, and even more than other fighting games which historically is a frustrating genre to play lol.

I do enjoy watching the game though. I still watch a couple streams or tournies here and there although idk what's going on sometimes because I have not really learned any of the DLC characters myself and also not super familiar with all the new variation moves.

In b4 they Reskin reptile and make him look like MK4 Reptile and @Minnja kills himself.

In b4 they Reskin reptile and make him look like MK4 Reptile and @Minnja kills himself.

Bro, I'll take this abomination just to have him in

I don't get why Ed is so quiet on the upcoming MK reboot but was very vocal a while back on getting a Gods Among Us (Injustice) film adaptation done, possibly by Zack Snyder; if he's got eyes for Hollywood, he'd be visibly on this, I'd imagine. If there's beef w/ director Simon McQuoid or gossip, this kasual Elder God wants to know the score, lol.

With the new film releasing in, what, 3 weeks, Ed's been conspicuously throwback-posting recently without sole mention of the reboot. Odd, or am I reading too much into it? Examples:

Over the last 10 years they've done MK9, Injustice, MKX, Injustice 2, and MK11...

I'm curious if they're just going to do the predictable move of doing Injustice 3.... or something new.

I'm wondering if WB would be willing to do a deal with Marvel/Disney to make an epic fighting game with DC, Marvel, and who knows how many other characters that don't make sense but they wouldn't have to.

Think about it.

Batman VS Wolverine
Superman VS Hulk
Darth Vader VS Thor
Iron Man VS Cyborg
Wonder Woman VS Black Widow

And that doesn't even include the DLC characters from the last 5 games, or all the MK characters.

That'd be one of the few games I'd be extremely happy to pay full price on Day 1 and buy all the DLCs as they come out instead of waiting for a GOTY edition with everything included for a steep discount.

Over the last 10 years they've done MK9, Injustice, MKX, Injustice 2, and MK11...

I'm curious if they're just going to do the predictable move of doing Injustice 3.... or something new.

I'm wondering if WB would be willing to do a deal with Marvel/Disney to make an epic fighting game with DC, Marvel, and who knows how many other characters that don't make sense but they wouldn't have to.

Think about it.

Batman VS Wolverine
Superman VS Hulk
Darth Vader VS Thor
Iron Man VS Cyborg
Wonder Woman VS Black Widow

And that doesn't even include the DLC characters from the last 5 games, or all the MK characters.

That'd be one of the few games I'd be extremely happy to pay full price on Day 1 and buy all the DLCs as they come out instead of waiting for a GOTY edition with everything included for a steep discount.

Think there's still a deal with Disney/Marvel Games and Capcom going on, rumors of another MvC popped up last year, so anything like that would be a long shot

I don't get why Ed is so quiet on the upcoming MK reboot but was very vocal a while back on getting a Gods Among Us (Injustice) film adaptation done, possibly by Zack Snyder; if he's got eyes for Hollywood, he'd be visibly on this, I'd imagine. If there's beef w/ director Simon McQuoid or gossip, this kasual Elder God wants to know the score, lol.

With the new film releasing in, what, 3 weeks, Ed's been conspicuously throwback-posting recently without sole mention of the reboot. Odd, or am I reading too much into it? Examples:

Prolly thinks it looks like shit and had no input.

So many dudes run Sheeva in KL for exactly that; it's really no different than the Liu Kangs or Saibots who just do one thing over and over. Counter-picking your char to who opponent runs in ranked is key. Cats like Term and Scorp can handle Dragon Drop with ease.

I haven't played this since Shang dropped, but you can't dash out of the way?

I haven't played this since Shang dropped, but you can't dash out of the way?
Labbed backdash for majority of chars only (some have walk speeds or wavedash that can mix in evade + punish) but the off-screen tracking on it is where you'll see complaints of it being OP. It's also an unblockable with delay properties so you have pretty robust custom variations with her when you start mix-and-matching everything. She further has a couple wind-up animations that are too similar to read in the moment so you've no idea really if the drop or a ground/projectile ATK is incoming. Honestly, she's not as much a handful as a good Cetrion or Jacqui but she's unquestionably a PITA who less skilled players can earn Ws with. I've never in MK history mained Scorpion but in 11 when I see an opponent pick her, I've a custom variation that's my go-to FU wig-splitter. I'll do this when squaring up with Fujins or Jokers too because they are equally tricky chars with a lot of tools in their toolbox, IMO – more so than Sheevas.

Labbed backdash for majority of chars only (some have walk speeds or wavedash that can mix in evade + punish) but the off-screen tracking on it is where you'll see complaints of it being OP. It's also an unblockable with delay properties so you have pretty robust custom variations with her when you start mix-and-matching everything. She further has a couple wind-up animations that are too similar to read in the moment so you've no idea really if the drop or a ground/projectile ATK is incoming. Honestly, she's not as much a handful as a good Cetrion or Jacqui but she's unquestionably a PITA who less skilled players can earn Ws with. I've never in MK history mained Scorpion but in 11 when I see an opponent pick her, I've a custom variation that's my go-to FU wig-splitter. I'll do this when squaring up with Fujins or Jokers too because they are equally tricky chars with a lot of tools in their toolbox, IMO – more so than Sheevas.

I saw some footage of pro players getting hit by it as well. TBH, I don't remember that move being good anyway. If it gets nerfed, then it'll be pointless, IMO. Just bad NRS design where a move exists because it's "kool."

And the guy apologized for winning this 100K tournament with Stomps? Why? It's not his fault his opponents couldn't adapt. None of them were really fighting game players.

On the note, lol…

I've ever seen a more appropriate meme for this game lol

The stomp is way more effective online because of small amounts of lag that might occur and also the fact that playing online is 10000x more enraging than playing offline so you are more likely to tilt and make bad decisions once you get stomped a few times lol

On the note, lol…

So true lol, I had that moment against someone from this forum. I thought I was getting decent until I got stomped and help pad someone's record, at least they humiliated me with different fighters each time instead of sticking with just 1.

Back