Official Resident Evil 2 (2019) Discussion **No Spoilers**

Valhoven

Parliament of Will
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
DD4FF814469B593C5B82828FAE764BFCB80D0470

With TS of our original thread long since absent from the Community, I wanted with tomorrow's launch (25.01) to kick things off with a new thread.

Respect to dawg WARMASTER for bringing rumours of a potential remake to the VG Community over three years ago. Now, it's happening and finally here.

AltruisticScholarlyGarpike-max-1mb.gif

Capcom's official RE2 homepage
  • Go (External site)
Trailer:

I'll splice some of the last comments from our original disc. for continuity and to bridge any gap here. Enjoy, guys.

Plan B instead of splicing – will drop below the last wave of dawgs to have commented as well as let us know they've preordered.

Played the demo today. Absolutely loved it. really caught tension well when you got lost in the dark hallways and tried to make a break for it. I got wrecked a few times as i panicked and got lost trying to make it back to the main hall.

I hope they have a laser sight like in RE 4 tho. I wasnt digging the cross hairs

Embargo lifted, it's killing it so far. Sitting at a 91 on Metacritic.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/resident-evil-2

Cannot fucking wait

Already got it preordered. Will be ready to play Friday after work. Beat DQXI last weekend just in time, wasn't sure if I was going to make it or not.

If this is even better than 7, then its an all time great game.

Capcom delivering.

I hope Square is paying attention #dontscewupFF7

This game has very good reviews so far, a few 10s and 9s. Will buy it tomorrow

Some PC gamers are just stubborn. You ever watch "Worth A Buy" on Youtube? He's a great critic/personality, but he's totally and irrationally against console games, and anything to do with them, including a controller. There are so many videos of the guy bitching and moaning about key mapping for cross platform PC games that were clearly designed with a controller in mind. Even if the game works perfectly with a controller, he'll still struggle with the KB/M controls, and then dock the game points for "bad controls". It's hilarious.

This is what happened to me. I made it to the last area of the game and had absolutely no ammo left. Licker kept killing me in the hallway. In those days the concept of running away and conserving resources was foreign to me.

How the hell is this game running buttery smooth at 4k high details on my gtx1070? Did I miss something?

Oh well, just pre-ordered. 34€ at cd-keys

My boy is a partnered Twitch streamer and has been playing his review copy on Steam since the weekend. Already beat Leon A no damage and said it tops 4 as the best "action" RE game.

just bought this on steam, can't wait to play it.

Live action trailer influenced by George Romero’s commercial.

Preordered.

Now I’m trying to master the art of filtering my YouTube feed to avoid spoiler thumbnails.

Just got done preloading it last night. Looks like it unlocks at 10pm cst. Either going to bed early tonight so I can play a few hours before work or going to bed later tonight so I can play. Skipping BJJ tomorrow morning my body needs a break anyways.

Lots of memories playing the original. Looks like a great remake. Just started God of War and will probably do Kingdom Hearts after though

Footage is all over the damn place lol. Gonna have to be real careful til tomorrow evening.

Watch out guys, bunch of spoilers as the thumbnails for the game. For those going in fresh, dont watch the trailer, and dont watch reviews for the game. Apparently has great reviews but I was already set after trailers and the demo.

The demo was so damn good, I cant wait till tomorrow. Gonna spend the whole damn day playing.

I have a feeling this may be up there with RE4 once Im done playing.

Me and my brother played through RE 2 in 2 sessions, I've not got the same kind of memories that others have of it, though it was definitely better than RE 3. I'm interested to see what you think about it though, I might still get it if the controls are decent.

Me and my brother played through RE 2 in 2 sessions, I've not got the same kind of memories that others have of it, though it was definitely better than RE 3. I'm interested to see what you think about it though, I might still get it if the controls are decent.

Everyone seems to be praising the controls from the people I've talked to. Haven't read much online cause I'm avoiding spoilers. I played RE2 and got to the very end before I ran out of stuff but I hardly remember any of it.

Everyone seems to be praising the controls from the people I've talked to. Haven't read much online cause I'm avoiding spoilers. I played RE2 and got to the very end before I ran out of stuff but I hardly remember any of it.
Nothing in the trailer was familiar to me but I do have a lot of memories of the sections in the game. I remember the original demo had a timer and we'd play it over and over trying to see how far we could get, think it was 2 minutes.

Nothing in the trailer was familiar to me but I do have a lot of memories of the sections in the game. I remember the original demo had a timer and we'd play it over and over trying to see how far we could get, think it was 2 minutes.

Yea nothing I've seen is familiar to me either. I never played the demo either. I still remember showing my dad how cool the game was and his face of disgust at what I was playing.

Pre-ordered, i'm working away until the 29th can't wait to play it.

Preordered.

Now I’m trying to master the art of filtering my YouTube feed to avoid spoiler thumbnails.

Footage is all over the damn place lol. Gonna have to be real careful til tomorrow evening.

Watch out guys, bunch of spoilers as the thumbnails for the game. For those going in fresh, dont watch the trailer, and dont watch reviews for the game. Apparently has great reviews but I was already set after trailers and the demo.

The demo was so damn good, I cant wait till tomorrow. Gonna spend the whole damn day playing.

I have a feeling this may be up there with RE4 once Im done playing.
Edited thread title so we can at least keep SD discussion accessible by all. Thanks for the reminder, fellas. I can't tear myself away from Wolfenstein II so I'll be joining the party late myself.

NB: Feel free to post story-sensitive or otherwise revealing content but do so by hiding in between spoiler tags, please.

Skärmavbild 2019-01-24 kl. 21.46.29.png

Yea nothing I've seen is familiar to me either. I never played the demo either. I still remember showing my dad how cool the game was and his face of disgust at what I was playing.
lol

is this your dad?

<{clintugh}>

Couldn’t find my memory card for my PlayStation so I’ve been slowly unlocking everything on the original. Unlocked all the infinite guns and Hunk, working on Tofu which I should have tonight. Surprised I can still get those A ranks.

is this your dad?

<{clintugh}>

lol pretty much. He made a comment that was like "You shouldn't be playing this" but I just brushed it off. Legit one of the first games that had me scared to go to bed at night. The licker jumping out of that interrogation room fucked me up. In my family I grew up watching all sorts of horror movies\violence and never had issues. It was this video game that scared me so bad.

Debating this. My brother got the original day one and has played through once a year since. He's super hyped. After RE7 I'm not.

Clunky RE controls don't belong in a first person game but since this is 3rd person I'm tempted.

Couldn’t find my memory card for my PlayStation so I’ve been slowly unlocking everything on the original. Unlocked all the infinite guns and Hunk, working on Tofu which I should have tonight. Surprised I can still get those A ranks.
No damage, no save?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Konster1
Back