• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Beterbiev vs C. Smith 10 PM ET 1/13 ESPN / ESPN+

Winner?

• Beterbiev

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Smith

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
5-1 Beterbiev. Not sure how much more of this Smith can take. He has moments in the rounds, but he's taking tremendous damage.

Beterbiev seems to be showing improved defence since his last fight. Against Yarde he was more so waiting for an opening but here he's pressing forward behind his jab and shutting down whatever Smith has tried to throw back.

Aight my guys it's fight day!! Should be a good one as both fighters are aggressive and strong.

Here's my prediction:

I think this fight will look easier for Artur then the Yarde fight.

Smiths best chance would be to use his length and keep Artur at range with his Jab, right hand and left book and look to counter especially with his left hook. He also needs to focus more on landing to the body to slow Artur down and set up his head shots. And above all else he needs to stick to his game plan when the going gets tough, and it's going to. When he feels Arturs power he's cannot afford to shell up, stay on the ropes or start overreaching with his punches.
The big issue is that Smiths style of fighting is much more aggressive where he gives up alot of his reach advantage to force exchanges and land his power. Also, his jab, foot speed, and punching speed are not good enough to keep Artur off of him . His aggression will be his undoing because while he can punch with great length when he misses he leaves huge counter punch opportunities that Argue will exploit.

Artur should take advantage of his much better jab and punish callum with it, focus on landing to the body to take callums stamina and bait him into overreaching, use his lateral movement to turn Callum while landing his combinations and he should punish callums for missing wide when he loads up. Also Artur should control him pretty easily in the clinch and look to throw the uppercut to split callums highguard.

So I have Artur by tko in max 8 rounds.

Back