RBR ***Official*** Sherdog Sanctioned Canelo vs Charlo Discussion 9/30 Showtime PPV

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Charlo brand took a hit. How will PBC sell another ‘super fight’ with either twin when everyone knows now that they just want the check?
And historically speaking going back down two weight classes after jumping up usually doesn't end well. I think jermell might have actually taken a lot of damage in this fight. A dangerous guy like Tim szyu or Crawford might hurt jermell if that's his next fight at 154

Many just fight Canelo to survive. I mean he has tremendous power and throws with bad intentions but you’ve got to lay it on the table sometimes.

Crawford has a chance but I don’t think he could stand upto a clean shot by Canelo.

Charlo looked good when he threw combinations but Canelo gave him far too much to think about. He kept Charlo guessing and landed some good shots. Used his jab more and his ability to cut off the ring was top notch.
No shame for Charlo, he dared to be great and fell short. He can go beat the shit out of Tim Tsyzu now

I did. I'd rather watch a somewhat boring fight by 2 great fighters than watch a bum slugfest by 2 45 year old journeyman

This logic sometimes makes sense.

It doesn't make sense when the shitfest fight is contested by a guy fighting up two weight classes that never had a chance, and did nothing but try to survive.

I'll take two random bums having a bar brawl over that.

Many just fight Canelo to survive. I mean he has tremendous power and throws with bad intentions but you’ve got to lay it on the table sometimes.

Crawford has a chance but I don’t think he could stand upto a clean shot by Canelo.

Crawford has a far better chance than Charlo. I don't think Crawford will freeze (if anything, he gets stronger in pressure). And most importantly, he has dimensions to his gameplan. He is capable of outthinking Canelo--which is necessary as most fighters cannot out-muscle him.

This logic sometimes makes sense.

It doesn't make sense when the shitfest fight is contested by a guy fighting up two weight classes that never had a chance, and did nothing but try to survive.

I'll take two random bums having a bar brawl over that.

Canelo has been fighting up his weight class for the last 6-7 years it's not like he was the bigger guy in there

Is Bud still dumb enough to want Clenelo after that? lol

He needs a fight with Benavidez or Morrell next year. If he completes 2024 without having fought either massive L.

Canelo got angry when asked about David Benevidez
A fight he has been asked about it to no end probably for years now, but i doubt we will ever see it even if Benavidez dispatches Andrade in november, which he will imo.

Canelo's shot selection is so insane, has to be the highest level I've seen a guy just throw 1 at a time and constantly outy smart somebodys defence.
He showed up for this one Charlo may have had an off night and he was moving up/ But he never let his hands go until far too late and Nelo was ready for more rounds.

Kind of surprised Charlo didn't take a risk. He had everything to gain there. Some have said the Charlos are a lot of talk over the years, this fight wouldn't change anyone's mind.

As for Canelo....
I think he's adopted the wrong style. He looks good in there, there's not a lot to criticize but I think whats missing that we used to see is those crisp counter punches. He fights like a destroyer but I liked him better as a smooth boxer.

Charlo had the reach and height advantage and didn't look small. Canelo is just the much better boxer
Charlo didn't look small but he's never fought at 168 until tonight. Canelo has fought there for years. It likely played a part in addition to Canelo being the much better fighter.

As for Canelo....
I think he's adopted the wrong style. He looks good in there, there's not a lot to criticize but I think whats missing that we used to see is those crisp counter punches. He fights like a destroyer but I liked him better as a smooth boxer.
I think this fight was more of a matter of wanting to impose his will and show the guy had no business being in there. He didn't really need to take the time to be slick and show off his head movement and defense. Hell the defense he showed was one dimensional enought to stifle what Charlo tried to do anyways. To me, Canelo just felt good enough after so many fights injured to be a destroyer and walk through everything Charlo had and just try to stomp him out of there.

Back